Shattered Honour: Signup Thread and Intro

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

"It's Mewt's fault for being so lame!"

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

When you were young, you used to dream of what it would be like to be a warrior. You dreamt of a shining hero in full plate effortlessly hacking down foes left and right... you kept a toy wooden sword by your side. In a militaristic age such as this, this is natural, and indeed considered healthy.

But your lust for battle eventually brought you into the army. Young or old, man or woman, you felt the time had come to feel the taste of blood on your breath. You performed well at training, blended in with your peers and by the end of it felt completely ready for anything the northern Ryslanders could throw at you.

Then the time came for battle.

Armed with whatever the nation could spare with its dwindling supplies of steel, you marched out to war under the azure banner of Castria, commanded by General Daydris. And the moment you saw the enemy horde, everything went to shit.

You still don't know exactly when your morale shattered and you ran for the hills. But you did, and that's all that matters now.

What few survivors of that battle remain in the area have convened in a small, hidden outpost. Each man hangs his head in shame, knowing that no land can call them a friend now. Some will likely leave to take on work as a mercenary. Most of you will die, pulled down by the manhunters roaming the area seeking bounties, and deserters will always have a fair price on their heads.

That may be good enough for the likes of they. But you... no, you're different. A fierce flame beats in your hearts each night, and this miserable, hunted life is intolerable. You mentally prepare yourselves for the task not merely of avoiding attention but of rising to further honour and glory, as well.

Captain Chisford apparently feels the same way. The highest-ranking man left amongst the sixty or so deserters there, he's become the leader by default. A brutally scarred man of forty-five years with one hand, a fierce blade and a foul temper, nobody is like to challenge him. And yet, you have been summoned to convene with him.

You know not why.

You only know that this way lies your destiny.

Spoiler (EXTREMELY CONCISE HISTORY)
Spoiler (CHARACTER CREATION)
Spoiler (OTHER INFORMATION)
Spoiler (OBITUARY)
Spoiler (COMBAT MECHANICS)

So... interested?

Edited by Furetchen, 01 February 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#2 eclipse

eclipse

Far away, above the shooting star

• Section Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

Note: I need to work out ranged attacks, and a bunch of other mechanics. I apologize.

#3 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:57 AM

Yeah, but we're still not showing you any formulae, at least not for now. Sorry powergamers~~~

#4 Rothene

Rothene

ALL HAIL PHEE SPRITES!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:26 AM

Name: Edgar
Sex: Male
Nationality: Castrian
RPer: Rothene
Appearance: Lanky man with curly brown hair and dark brown eyes
Personality: Dodgy about his past. Cowardly and dislikes being struck, or rather, not used to. Pessimistic to the core and gullible to superstition.
Backstory: Son of a wealthy Castrian merchant, Edgar was taught how to read and write, important traits for a merchant when making signs and written deals. The grand study of basic mathematics was also conveyed to him from a young age in order to grasp the basic premise of buying low and selling high early. During his early teens his father had him sent to learn about herblore and the sort from some apothecaries in order to start a business of making 'miracle' cures in the future.

It was not the dishonest way of living future that stopped Edgar from grasping the finer methods of poulstice making, but rather his greater fascination in the crossbow that some of the people who taught him had. Learning about the anatomy of various living things and practice with careful vivisection of live animals had allowed Edgar to discover his natural dexterity, which had proven useful to him during his hunting sessions with the crossbow.

Unfortunately, he found out his father was growing impatient with his lack of improvement in the field of study that really counted, herblore. The brewing formulas kept slipping his memory, and when news got out that his father was planning to have him brought home to discuss about the gold he was wasting, Edgar took with him the last few gold his father had sent him to fund his education and enlisted in the military.
Class: Scout
Level: 1
Attributes: Str3/Sta4/Dex8/Agi10
Skills: Support
Equipment: (Don't pick any out, you'll be given a starting set based on class. Being from the army, the first users to join will probably have slightly better stuff on them.)

now give them cool equipment....also, might add more to appearance when my writhing has improved.

Edit: Naming conventions...

Edited by Rothene, 17 December 2011 - 01:48 AM.

#5 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:50 AM

Uh, okay, I guess...

Just keep in mind pretty much anything with an axe close up will paste you. Or a bow. Or a sword.

#6 Defeatist Elitist

Defeatist Elitist

I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:13 AM

Name: Alfred Oldenfeld (fuck modest or humble btw)
Nationality: Castrian, I'm not some kind of filth
RPer: Defeatist Elitist
Appearance: Blonde hair and the fair skin of a man who has never done a day of work that is beneath his station, brown eyes, no scars or birth marks, and handsome despite his face being slightly... pointier than it should be
Personality: Alfred is a proud Castrian, firm in his knowledge that he is superior to his countrymen due to his blood, and even firmer in his knowledge that his homeland is superior to the rabble that populates the rest of the known world. He is motivated almost solely by the need to pursue glory for himself and his homeland, and to spread its influence and religion (hoping we have a sort of state religion) across the map. While he is incredibly disdainful of those he views as inferiors and his measure of a person tends to stem largely from where and into which social class they were born, he is canny enough to not demonstrate it if necessassary. To people he views as equals he is generally quite friendly and polite, and is often willing to help them, even going so far as to be rather selfless.

Backstory: Alfred hails from a proud noble house of the Empire, and was raised as a noble youth would be. As he grew he took even more keenly to the ideals of the nobility than most did. As soon as he came of age he began to work towards joining the Imperial army as a knight, representing both his country (if that's the appropriate word) and his house on the battlefield, and spreading civilization and piety to the world.
Class: Warrior
Level: 1
Attributes: 8/8/5/4
Skills: Offensive
Equipment: Finely crafted plate mail bearing the Castrian insignia on the chest and the symbol of Pride on either shoulder. The armor covers his entire body, including a double visored bascinet for a helmet (complete with a red plume) (Heavy Armor), a bastard sword (or hand and a half sword or long sword or whatever you want to call it) with his house's name inscribed on the blade (1H slashing), and a kite shield with the symbol of Wrath splayed across it (Shield)

Fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaah! Hope all this stuff is okay, didn't have quite enough info to really go on.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist, 18 December 2011 - 12:44 AM.

#7 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:18 AM

Accepted. Looks amazing, can't wait to see him hit people. Particularly with the Shield Bash you picked as your skill.

(Hush Rothene you get your skill name when I actually think of what the sneaky classes get for skills)

#8 Defeatist Elitist

Defeatist Elitist

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

Also do we have modest control over our equipment?

#9 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:27 AM

Go ahead. Given your unusual circumstance, I'd say it's justified.

#10 Defeatist Elitist

Defeatist Elitist

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

Added my equipment to the post, though I suppose now would be a good time to ask what the symbol of Castria's primary religion is (and all the other stuff about the religion too I guess), since I probably won't have it all over my guy if it's really complex. I've sort of gone on the assumption that it's easy enough, like the various crosses used by Catholicism, Orthodox, etc.

#11 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

Unfortunately, the primary religion is a polytheism shared by the Ryslanders with no real symbols I can name. Still, it is rumoured that Maxilian holds himself to be unto a god...

There's always the option of holding a specific deity above all others. In which case, pick one of the deadly sins and flip it around so it's portrayed more positively. In Alfred's light, Wrath (a war goddess) and Pride (who encourages zeal in general) seem likely.

#12 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

Another thought; is it okay if the platemail's a little battered up from the fighting? It would kind of be a huge step up from the chainmail and tabards the common-blooded Warriors would have now.

And IRC's up at #ShatteredHonor on DarkMyst.

Edited by Furetchen, 17 December 2011 - 02:48 AM.

#13 Defeatist Elitist

Defeatist Elitist

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:51 AM

Unfortunately, the primary religion is a polytheism shared by the Ryslanders with no real symbols I can name. Still, it is rumoured that Maxilian holds himself to be unto a god...

There's always the option of holding a specific deity above all others. In which case, pick one of the deadly sins and flip it around so it's portrayed more positively. In Alfred's light, Wrath (a war goddess) and Pride (who encourages zeal in general) seem likely.

What are the symbols of Wrath and Pride if any? He'd probably hold them both in high regard.

EDIT: Yeah, some banged up plate mail is fine. I actually thought all Heavy armor was statistically identical or something, so I figured the specific type wouldn't matter.

Edited by Defeatist Elitist, 17 December 2011 - 02:54 AM.

#14 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:56 AM

Wrath: Red crossed blades.
Pride: Dark blue ... this thing, but not a ribbon, and 2D, so not curved.

...You know what I mean.

#15 Defeatist Elitist

Defeatist Elitist

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:12 AM

Fuck yeah, I'll go with the wrath symbol on my shield, Pride's symbol on my shoulders.

#16 Kay

Kay

Stabulous

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:44 AM

Spoiler ()

Edited by Kay, 19 December 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#17 eclipse

eclipse

• Section Moderator

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:49 AM

Stats: Those are the number things. You can fill that in later. Anyway, welcome~!

#18 Rapier

Rapier

No witty phrase here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Awesome.

Name: Rine
Nationality: Castrian
RPer: Rapier
Appearance: Considerably tall for an archer (1,95 meters... Yeah, I dunno how to translate it into feet); weak, thin build, although his arms and legs are stronger than the rest of his body; his hair's color is a mix between brown and blonde, thus making him look blondish on the sunlight and light brownish on the dark. Brown eyes. Wears a dark blue cloak along with black clothes.
Personality: Confident on his own skills and capacities, that trait oftenly mistaken as arrogance. Basically, an arrow himself: If he's got something into his mind, he'll pursue it without stopping or changing ways, whatever it is. At first he isn't socable, acting coldly and straightforwardly, but after he gets to know a little more about that person that attitude changes. Values everything he successfully accomplished deeply, almost giving a vibe that he lives for it.
Backstory:

Born in a rather poor family, he had a simple life. There were times in which he had nothing to eat, and oftenly he saw himself using clothes that were too small for him. Through the hardships of the era he has been born, he lived his childhood. As a teen, his parents decided to support and persuade him into training and joining the army on his comming of age, putting into his mind that his talent on hitting things with utmost accuracy would help his family. Decided to master the arts of the bow, he put his mind into his training and on it only, thus resulting in making him a lone person with only 1 or 2 companions.

When he was 16, his skills were already taken highly and his confidence and folly were on its peak. On an ordinary day, a stranger came to him and acknowledged his skills, offering Rine to join his group on route to their meeting site. He said that the road would be dangerous, but he accepted it with a smirk. His parents let him go after hearing the sum he'd be paid with and after hearing that he might be used again on the future depending on his performance. The trip lasted 2 days, they were a small group with a lack of rations and weapons at their limit, some were stolen from bandits and hostile parties fought along the way. Two men died, five were badly wounded in the end.

Rine survived through it with few injuries, being paid for his work later, but he had also been caught on a trap: The money wasn't enough to return to his home or live independetly on a city, and the path was dangerous to travel alone, so he was forced to work for them for a while. It looked like almost everyone was on that situation, too. On the camp he met a true master of the bow which skills were said to be able to hit a man on his neck within a 20 meters distance, but the fact was that he was indeed dangerous and talented with a bow. Rine got to work with him after his skills improved and they entrusted him with more dangerous and risky tasks. Soon enough they developped a bond, since he admired the man's skills and the man himself was impressed with Rine's skills in that young age. After a while, the man decided to take the boy under his wing.

When he was 18, they've discussed about leaving the camp and starting their own company, because the "trap" was currently working agaisnt the own person who set the trap: They had to pay more heads, so everyone was getting a much lesser payment than before, and it was even rumoured that some of those fresh recruits were killed during the missions in order to dispose of them after they're used. Along with other 3 trustworthy men, they chose to leave the camp on the night, stealing as much provisions as they could before heading out. Unfortunately for them, they forgot about the incomming war and just how close the enemy was.

The group was ambushed during their escape, one of them was disposed off instantly, while other 10 came forward to kill the remaining 2 and the others pursuited Rine.Rine's master had been hit by a lance in the knee as they tried to flee, The boy had been able to escape by pure luck: The path led him to a hill, and below it was a river, the only way he could escape. And he accepted it.

After that day, he tried his best to join the army and have his revenge agaisnt the ones who killed his mentor, his friend. But he failed again in the end.

Class: Archer
Level: 99 minus 98.
Attributes: Str/Dex
Skills: Offensive
Equipment: (Don't pick any out, you'll be given a starting set based on class. Being from the army, the first users to join will probably have slightly better stuff on them.) K.

STRENGTH: 9
STAMINA: 3
DEXTERITY 7
AGILITY 6

I just wish I didn't exaggerate. o.o I hope everything's alright.

Edited by Rapier, 18 December 2011 - 09:02 PM.

#19 eclipse

eclipse

• Section Moderator

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Guys. . .you can put numbers in your stats. . .just follow the rules, 'k?

#20 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

Uh, sure, once you pick your stats out.

(...187 cm is tall for an archer? I'd think of your man as more lanky for an archer.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users