Famitsu did a reader poll of the top 50 Nintendo games, guess which FE is the highest everyone!.

Esaka

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/01/02/famitsu-readers-rank-the-top-50-nintendo-games-of-all-time/

1. Super Mario Bros. NES

2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64

3. Super Mario 64 N64

4. Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES

5. Mother 2 SNES

6. Xenoblade Wii

7. Legend of Zelda NES

8. Super Mario RPG SNES

9. Smash Bros. Melee GC

10. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Wii

11. Fire Emblem – Seisen no Keifu SNES

12. Famicom Mukashi-banashi Famicom-DiscDrive

13. Super Mario Kart SNES

14. Famicom Tantei Club Part II Famicom-DiscDrive

15. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker GC

16. Fire Emblem – Monsho no Nazo SNES

17. Legend of Zelda – Links Awakening GB

18. Super Mario World SNES

19. Super Mario Sunshine GC

19. Smash Bros. Brawl Wii

21. Donkey Kong Country SNES

22. Ice Climber NES

23. Mother NES

24. F-ZERO SNES

25. Kirby Super Star SNES

26. Mario Kart Wii Wii

27. Mario Kart 64 N64

28. Pokemon Red/Blue/Green/Pikachu GB

29. Super Mario Bros. 3 NES

30. Super Mario Galaxy Wii

31. Star Fox SNES

32. Magical Vacation GBA

33. Kirbys Air Ride GC

34. Golf NES

35. Joy Mech Fight NES

36. Donkey Kong Country 2 SNES

37. Super Mario 64 DS DS

38. Legend of Zelda – Twilight Princess Wii

39. Legend of Zelda – Majoras Mask N64

40. Animal Crossing: Wild World DS

41. Donkey Kong NES

42. Smash Bros. N64

42. Volley Ball Famicom-DiscDrive

44. Banjo-Tooie N64

45. Baseball NES

46. Famicom Tantei Club Famicom-DiscDrive

47. Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi NES

48. Metroid Famicom-DiscDrive

48. Metroid II – Return of Samus GB

50. Super Mario: Yoshis Island SNES

Huh, I thought FE4 was super unpopular in Japan and off the FE related front, I thought Japan hated Zelda.

Edited by 3-13Archer

34. Golf NES

The fuck?

Also, I never heard anywhere that Japan hated FE4. It didn't sell as well as later entries, but it was 1996 so that's not exactly surprising.

Yeah, I was surprised, this really feels nostalgia filtered.

(Now I post this on the FE boards, let's not go too off topic)

Also FE4 is the second best selling FE in Japan, but judging on how Japanese fans want Ogma more then Sigurd in Smash (Trufax), I expected FE4 to lose to FE3 BADLY.

Edited by 3-13Archer

Also FE4 is the second best selling FE in Japan, but judging on how Japanese fans want Ogma more then Sigurd in Smash (Trufax), I expected FE4 to lose to FE3 BADLY.

Hm. I distinctly remember the list of FE sellings having FE4 surprisingly low on the list.

No, that was FE5, which was released in 1999 when the N64 was dieing. (so the SNES wasn't on the rage) and thus FE5 sold less then 100,000 units.

I believe FE9 and FE10 weren't all that popular in Japan either. (Sony did murder the GC in Japan however, only 4 million GC's were sold in Japan)

Huh, I thought FE4 was super unpopular in Japan

Where'd you get that idea? FE4 has always been the most popular Fire Emblem in Japan with FE3 being a close second.

No, that was FE5, which was released in 1999 when the N64 was dieing. (so the SNES wasn't on the rage) and thus FE5 sold less then 100,000 units.

What sales are being accounted for, however. Does the Nintendo Power service count in the units sold? 'Cause the actual cartridge release came way late.

You know what, I'm not too sure.

Also, fan demand really seems to prefer FE3 to FE4, Ogma and Navarre are more popular then Sigurd and Celice (according to Smash fan demand anyways)

Can we have this moved BTW, I didn't expect discussion about the list in general, so yeah.

Edited by 3-13Archer

Dunno about Smash Bros, but I always got the impression FE4 was more popular amongst the Japanese FE community, say on the message boards or fansites. Maybe gamers in general might prefer FE3, I dunno.

About FE5's sales, I think the only known numbers come from the TearRing Saga lawsuit, which occured around the time of FE5's release and unfortunately don't really go into much detail about the sales numbers.

35. Joy Mech Fight NES

I don't know man, this list seems accurate enough to me, even if the best game is a bit low 8888]

Though, it is disappointing to see two of the better FEs (2 and 5) aren't on it despite the massive amount of nostalgia going on here

I think the main thing we can conclude from this list is that Japan has different taste in games. Also Skyward Sword being on there sticks out to me a bit... not because it's a bad game, but simply because it could have only been out for a few weeks when this poll was released, hardly enough time for people to remove their novelty glasses. Give it another month, and I wonder where it'd have been.

I think the main thing we can conclude from this list is that Japan has different taste in games. Also Skyward Sword being on there sticks out to me a bit... not because it's a bad game, but simply because it could have only been out for a few weeks when this poll was released, hardly enough time for people to remove their novelty glasses. Give it another month, and I wonder where it'd have been.

The same problem happened for Skyrim here in the U.S. :/ People are still having fun with the game, whereas other 2011 releases they were all said-and-done with and had more rigid opinions about.

That's why we look at these polls for what they are, and not what they should be :3

Oh my!!! I knew FE4 was going to be the highest of all FE

I read the topic's tittle and I said: "Surely is FE4 :3"

(but I didn't expect that FE3 and FE1 were on the list Owo)