Rate the Unit Day 1: Eirika

13th

Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available. In the split route case, you will see.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper Justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Iris and Lumi again or someone else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Make votes easily visible, please~! ##Vote:

- Every ranking phase ends approximately at 20:00 EST. Do the math for your timezone.

-We will ask you to not use the "Not Seth" reason on every nonSeth character. Because it will be used a lot.

Yep. I want it here. Thank you Iris/Lumi for these wonderful rules.

OK, so Eirika. The sweet little lady of Renais. Naive, a natural pacifist, and skilled with a sword.

Yeah, she's pretty sweet. She's fast, she can hit hard, and she dodges like a Thief. But she has one major problem. She is frail. She can't really take hits. Her prf weapon also tends to break anywhere between C5 and C8, depending on your luck with her Strength.

She has some fast supports, though, and some of her best come early. She likes the Attack and Crit boost from Eph, and she likes the Def boosts from Innes and Seth. L'Arachel gives her Attack AND Defense, and her remaining three are all Wind Supports, complementing her crit and attack. Her own affinity is pretty decent, supplying herself with attack and defense, to go with any of the above stats.

In efficient nonSeth play, she tends to be capable of doing quite a bit to help earlygame, but she can and usually does fall behind Franz's WTFPWNage. (Dreading the Franz Day.)

So yeah. Overall

+She's got the best availability tied with Seth

+She's got good stats

+Her supports are good

+The Rapier got a decent improvement from Wimpywood's.

+She gets a pony.

-Her Defense blows a lot

-She's freaking Swordlocked.

-She's a very Cliche character.

Yeah, she gets an 8.5 from me.

8.5/10

8/10. Sword lock sucks, but her supports are pretty sweet. On a side note, I like that she gets a personal weapon that doesn't completely suck, unlike Lyn and Eli did in FE7 (loldurandal and lolsolkatti).

Edited by Metal King Slime

sword lock

low con which means grabbing a steel will stop her from doubling or taking a lot more to the face

low str

low defensive stats

dodge that doesn't alleviate the problem

no horse till promotion

late promotion itself

has Rapier

Also doesn't cost a deployment slot

5/10

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Sethless Eirika can really do a lot. She's got availability, she's got decent-to-good combat, and she's got a weapon that kills infantry. Earlygame's an axefest, so her combat's pretty great there, and she can help on many of the 1-8 bosses since many are either things she's good against via effective, or things she's good against via WTA. She's stronger on her own route, being able to consistently help, and being forced means she doesn't take a deployment slot. Her prf gives +5 str after C16, so if you need some firepower, that works too along with having effective on shitheads like gorgons. She's less good on Ephraim's route, but she still got a horse after promotion and her contributions in 1-8 is still pretty important.

In Sethskip runs, she's less good as a combat unit, but can still be used as a convoy and routs do exist. In runs inbetween Sethless and Sethskip (moderate Seth use), she can still kill things and even support the godliness that is Seth using her fast support with him that can start as soon as the game exists. +3atk/+3def is pretty nice, considering her frailness normally (though thank god not as bad as Lyn's). Her other supports are pretty good, too. Overall, a pretty good unit.

Hell, in Sethsolo she still gives that A support bonus to Seth since he has to carry her, and hands him all his javelins.

7/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Eirika is basically Lyn, only actually done right. Rapier got better from FE7, Sieglende >>>>>> Sol Katti, great speed, sweet supports (i.e. Support with Seth, THE END)...

8.5/10, since her strength isn't quite the best and can easily go derp

She's the best parts of Lyn and Pussywood put together (lolwhatbestparts). She also gets a pony on promotion to keep up with her support partners (because lolSalehsupport). But her defenses suck Ephraim's cock.

8.5/10

Free deployment and walking storage, plus reasons above.

7.75 / 10

And @ 13, I was gonna move over here when FE7 ratings were completed. Beat me to it, but thanks for running it~

Free deployment and walking storage, plus reasons above.

7.75 / 10

And @ 13, I was gonna move over here when FE7 ratings were completed. Beat me to it, but thanks for running it~

Now.

Who wants to make an fe6 one?

Swordlocked

Relatively late promotion

No mount until promotion

Inferior to Ephraim

Decent Supports

Mount after promotion

Personal weapon

Always doubles, hits very often, makes up for lesser (in comparison) strength

The rapier is a pretty useful weapon when you're starting.

|

|

V

6/10

Sorry, thanks for reminding me...

Edited by Aran613

cool rating, bro.

Eirika is an objective 8 (strong enough to carry the earlygame, seizes, does other shit, runs the superior eirika route, pony later, wtfever) and a solid 9/10 thanks to personal bias.

I flagrantly abuse my +/- 1 point privileges.

Let's party.

Eirika is very similar to Lyn, except that Eirika's durability is somewhat better.

Let's get started on offense. She has 9 base speed, which lets her double soldiers and very low end brigands at base, and she has a 60% growth in it, so you can expect her to double most enemies. For example, you can expect a 7/0 Eirika to double everything in C6 and 7 except mercenaries and Steel Sword!Murray with 13 spd, which is pretty nice overall. Her damage does suck somewhat with only 4 str base and a 40% growth, giving her only 11 atk w/ Iron or 13 w/ Rapier at 7/0(she isn't getting the rank for KE without abuse), but I don't think the C7 Energy drop is too much to ask for.

Her durability is pretty bad overall; 16HP/3def with 70/30 growths, respectively, doesn't really go a long way to avoid fluke 2HKO's. As such, she really cannot be exposed as often as, say, Franz or Gilliam. Her durability only really becomes decent after promotion(33HP/12def, not good, but not bad either), but until then, she's stuck fighting axe users or whatever else she can dodge reliably.

And did I ever mention the sword lock? Yeah, Eirika has that problem(and she's not alone as Hat has that problem too.) Especially since units like Cornmug, Gerik, and Ross(when he's done with the 9 levels of what's called trainee)can kill things on EP using javs and hand axes, Eirika is mostly player phase oriented. Then again, her durability, or lack thereof, makes her PP orientred anyway.

I also forgot to mention that she gets a pony when she promotes, which is always very useful. 7 move isn't as good as 8 move, but you really shouldn't take a gift horse in the mouth.

I don't really care much for supports, but Eirika has a moderately fast support with Seth, and the bonuses are pretty hax(+3atk/+3def, and +7 everything else at A rank). There is also her support with Ephraim, which is marginally faster than Seth(higher starting points, faster rate of SP gain, but Seth is around longer), but her other supports are too slow to bother with.

She gets an above average rating overall, and note that her ranking is based on Eirika route.

+ Huge Availibility in her own route

+ High AS

+ Decent offense w/ Rapier

+ Fast Seth support

+ Becomes mounted upon promotion

- Durability is ass

- Swordlock fucking sucks

- Not around on Eph route

Edited by darkandroid125

I'd have to give her an 8/10.

Yes, low con.

Yes, swordlocked.

Yes, defense suckage.

But besides those, she will (most likely) turn out great. And yes, personal bias. She's such a little cutie pie :D

And that storage function doesn't hurt either.

2nd favorite GBA lord.

Good availability, great speed, and decent strength is a great combination. Even her defense isn't that bad, since she has that 30% growth + light support. She's basically what you'd get if Lyn and Eliwood had a child that inherited most of their strengths and few of their weaknesses (you know, the opposite of their actual child).

9/10

Eirika... Hmm...

The Fact that she is Swordlocked is bad since Swords sort of... you know... suck...

She can be Decent But Ephraim will Top Her in stats so i will give her a...

6.9/10

Ephraim > Eirika shouldn't even be a point in either of their favors considering that they coexist for roughly 1/3 of the game. If you go Eirika route, she is > Ephraim. If you go Ephraim route, he is > Eirika.

So why are so many EDIT: okay, to be honest, all two /EDIT of you comparing the two?

Edited by Integrity

Ephraim > Eirika shouldn't even be a point in either of their favors considering that they coexist for roughly 1/3 of the game. If you go Eirika route, she is > Ephraim. If you go Ephraim route, he is > Eirika.

So why are so many of you comparing the two?

Ephraim's growths make it so he caps 3 stats if he promotes near level 20. Eirika only caps two...

Ephraim Caps Strength, Skill AND Speed while Eirika just Caps Skill AND Speed on Average. Even then, Eirika only caps strength at 24 while Ephraim caps at 27. Speed and Skill aren't really important unless prone to RNG Screwage so ephraim wins...

You missed my point entirely.

Ephraim and Eirika do not take each other's deployment slots. Either only one of them exists, or one of them is forced and the other isn't. So why is it relevant at all that Eirika isn't as amazing as Ephraim at X?

It's like taking points off of Lute for "not being Saleh" or taking points off of everybody for "not being Seth".

It's like taking points off of Lute for "not being Saleh" or taking points off of everybody for "not being Seth".

But that happens with everyone in FE7 for not being Marcus

0 because not Seth.

Fine. 1 for seize.

Eirika deserves a 7. With enemies weak as shit that she will almost always hit and double, she's really good as a combat unit. Her supports are all nice, and she gets a horse after promotion. She's also forced in every chapter until the route split, and her route is a lot less painful.

##Vote: 7

I dont like bolding this

Edited by Knuckles

You missed my point entirely.

Ephraim and Eirika do not take each other's deployment slots. Either only one of them exists, or one of them is forced and the other isn't. So why is it relevant at all that Eirika isn't as amazing as Ephraim at X?

Thank you Integrity. Took the words right out of my own mouth.

She arrives from the getgo, pretty decent. She's myrmidon-like but her promotion gets a horse instead of a critical bonus. She's a decent fighter. 7/10.

Ephraim's growths make it so he caps 3 stats if he promotes near level 20. Eirika only caps two...

why are you implying this matters

Edited by Furetchen