Rate The Unit Day 2: Seth

Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available. In the split route case, you will see.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper Justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Iris and Lumi again or someone else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends approximately at 20:00 EST. Do the math for your timezone.

-We will ask you to not use the "Not Seth" reason on every nonSeth character. Because it will be used a lot.

Votes so far.

Eirika: 7.31

So, Seth. Seth is gr9mazing. He bascially shitstomps the whole game, even while rescuing someone.

How does he not get a 10/10.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth truly is a unit that deserves a perfect score....but i'm not going to give him one since I don't like him as a character.

9.5/10 since even I can't deny how great his is.

Despite the fact that you're ridiculous and wrong and dumb for not liking Seth as a character because it goes contrary to my own opinion, I 100% applaud your abuse of your personality privileges. Bravo.

Anyway, yeah, 10/10. I'd rate this motherfucker 11 if I could.

Seth is so broken that he's banned on the Serenes Forest OU tier list.

Let's face it, Seth is beyond ridiculous in the earlygame maps. One rounds everything with iron? Check. Never dies? Check. 8 movement? Check. I mean, Seth is an amazing clutch character, and a lot of maps are complete nightmares without him. Like in C6, where there's cavs coming from the north and a bunch of angry mercs/fighters coming from the south which can kill most units very easily, not to mention the spider that eats civilians. Well, Seth can rush over and kill the boss in 3 turns flat before your own units get killed. And that's just one hard chapter. Now imagine doing this for the whole game.

The really sad thing is that a lot of other units high up do not reach his base stats until the higher levels. For example, Ephraim needs to be Lv14 on avearge to match Seth's str/def bases, and Franz doesn't hit Seth's str/def until Lv19, and needs to be Lv10 on avearge to match Seth's spd base.

(skipping to lategame because there's no point in comparing units to Seth midgame since he still rapes)

Oh, and by the way, Seth is still good by lategame, due to his huge growths(90HP/50str/45spd/40def). He does have some statistical defecits over other units by now, but overall, he has good atk/def, and high enough spd to double most things. And did I mention that he can S rank either swords or lances due to having A's in both?

+ Ridiculous earlygame

+ 8 move

+ Double A ranks

+ Insane growths

+ Fast Eirika support

+ Prepromoted

- Can't fly

Edited by darkandroid125

lolseth he sucks amelia is better than him at 20/20 and jeiganz suck because their prepromotes and prepromotes suck so seth sucks 0/10

For serious, Seth is amazing. 10/10 no question. Actually, I would like to request the ability to give him a 406/10 to balance out any fools who come in here and give him less than a perfect score. Really, you should have just went straight to Franz and put Seth down as a 10/10.

relatively low starting stats, won't reach any caps on average. early game he's overpowered, when trying to start using him later in the game, he's under powered.

I know he can solo the game, but that's just early recruitment speaking, anyone could if they joined earlier.

6/10 for early recruitment

10/10 Do I even need to explain?

relatively low starting stats, won't reach any caps on average. early game he's overpowered, when trying to start using him later in the game, he's under powered.

I know he can solo the game, but that's just early recruitment speaking, anyone could if they joined earlier.

6/10 for early recruitment

smh, smh indeed.

10/10.

He's Sigurds great-Great-Great-Great Grandson, and the Great-Great Grandfather of Titania, as well as being a far off ancestor of both Jill and Titania

Anyone who votes less than 10, should be tarred and feather'd

See, this is why I need to be able to give him a 406/10. To balance things out. And if it brings his score above 10/10, so be it. He deserves it.

Also, I got the tar and feathers. One quick question for you though. What about the stats for everything that isn't endgame? You know, the ones that Seth wins at severely compared to pretty much everybody? Yeah, whatever happened t those stats?

Edited by Ether

4/10, overshadowed in terms of endgame stats.

THAT'S your reasoning? What a pathetic excuse...

Edited by Metal King Slime

If Seth is not a 10/10, it rather begs the question of what would be necessary to be a 10/10, since he has great movement, great durability, and great offense throughout the entire game.

10/10

4/10, overshadowed in terms of endgame stats.

Actually, in terms of endgame stats he's by far the best in the game. See Aquilae's playthrough, where the next best character he trained (Gerik) only reached 10/6 and Seth reached level 20. You might complain that in Aquilae's playthrough, Seth basically soloed the entire game, in which case I would respond that being able to basically solo the entire game is in no way a flaw and in fact is the mark of an extremely good character.

Moreover, even in more "typical" playthroughs where Seth is not used for every task, Seth is still very adequate in terms of lategame stats:

Level 15 Seth B Franz

42.6HP 21+2STR 19.3SKL 18.3SPD 16.5LUK 16.6+2DEF 12.2+2RES

Level 10 Franz B Seth

44.4HP 19.2+2STR 17.2SKL 22SPD 13.2LUK 15+2DEF 7.6+2RES

Level 10 Forde A Kyle

45.55HP 17.2+1STR 20.5SKL 19.35SPD 15.05LUK 14.6+1DEF 8.75+1RES

Level 10 Kyle A Forde

48.6HP 22+1STR 16.6SKL 17.6SPD 10.8LUK 17+1DEF 6.8+1RES

And for shits and giggles:

Level 6 Gerik

49.5HP 21.75STR 21SKL 19.5SPD 12.5LUK 17.25DEF 9.75RES

As can be seen, Seth is highly competitive with the other Paladins in the game and even Gerik who is often highly rated, and notably has the best resistance as well as easy Audhulma access. So he is not really "overshadowed" in lategame, and his earlygame and midgame are obviously excellent.

Edited by Anouleth

If Seth is not a 10/10, it rather begs the question of what would be necessary to be a 10/10, since he has great movement, great durability, and great offense throughout the entire game.

somehow I don't think that reasoning works with people who masturbate to 20/20 stats

I'm guessing Casual players aren't going to rate Seth 10/10.

Seriously, anyone whose bases ORKO for half the game is ridiculous.

Seth with the S rank sword, gets a res boost.

If there's a problem with Seth, I fail to see it.

Speed issues are fixed with speedwings, if he needs one.

His support list includes many great units, with good affinities.

Eirika is decent and fast.

Ephraim, I think supports him, and is decent.

Franz supports him, and becomes Seth no2 eventually, oh and the support is fairly fast imo.

He gets Natasha and Cormag, both of whom are decent.

The only way to make him even better, is letting Pallies use axes again in fe8!

Oh, and he's proof that whenever a knight in Silver Armour appears, the princess gets saved, just like the old saying. How did Valter take 1/2 his HP off anyways?

Without getting the shit beaten out of him.

Seth. Oh god Seth. SETH! Hes this guy who doesnt afraid of ANYTHING AT ALL. He just roflstomps the universe. Plus hes good looking and hunky and junk.

Pros:

All the things.

Bases are lulzy good.

Starts with A ranks in both weapons.

Doesnt go south as the game goes on (unlike a lot of Jeigans).

Supports are awesome.

Horsie for high move.

Geezus.

Cons:

None really.

Hes only not all that fantastic in HP but that hardly matters cuz his defense is so good. Since this doesnt have anything to do with Creature Campaign, yeah. Seth all the way.

10/10. Biased rank is 8/10 because i dont like using him for actually killing too much junk. But since i Tower/Ruins/Arena abuse for the lulz, he can pretty much kill all the things he wants. Hes got great utility even if you dont want him killing much. Jeezus. Seth is godly.

4/10, overshadowed in terms of endgame stats. Because I don't rate on utility (except for thieves and even then they need to have some potential to dodge).

If 'killing the entire game effortlessly' counts as 'utility', then how don't you rate on it?

Even GAMEFAQS gave him a seven. The same review gave ZEALOT a ZERO.

I mean christ you're allowed not to '10/10 rapes game' but... I'm not seeing < 8, sorry. Someone grab the tar and feathers.

Oh, and 10/10, rapes game.