Photo

Franz, Forde and Kyle : which promotion should I choose?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: Franz, Forde and Kyle : which promotion should I choose? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Which promotion should be chosen for Franz, Forde and Kyle?

1. For Franz, Paladin. (28 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

2. For Franz, Great Knight (8 votes [7.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

3. For Forde, Paladin (28 votes [26.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.42%

4. For Forde, Great Knight (7 votes [6.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.60%

5. For Kyle, Paladin (16 votes [15.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.09%

6. For Kyle, Great Knight (19 votes [17.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sumerian99

sumerian99

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:33 AM

Hello!

Franz and Amelia should be a duo in my opinion (both young, same hair color, I don't know, they fit together, not to mention Franz can recruit Amelia), so they should be identical as Paladins.

Amelia will be a Paladin, this is a permanent choice, so focus on the three other Knights!

Forde and Kyle are the typical Green and Red knight duo (two badasses who kick ass together for their Lord and Kingdom), so they should be identical as Great Knights.

But this is my own perception of what they should be. I might be wrong about the optimal aspect of such choices!

That's why im asking you to tell me your opinion on the matter!

Thank you!

(Multiple choices are authorized in the poll!)

Edited by sumerian99, 04 February 2012 - 03:38 AM.

#2 NTNP

NTNP

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

Franz:His high speed growth would be hampered by the Great Knight's caps along with the fact that his most likely support (Seth) would then have a different move type. This was a simple one.

Forde: This is a bit harder. On one hand, the Great Knight promotion gains (and axes) would help make him offensively stronger and better in the short term which might help. Alternatively if his speed/skill is higher then Paladin would fit well. Really it all matters on how he is looking stat wise.

Kyle: Due to his more... hardy nature and better strength, Kyle makes an ideal Great Knight since it fits his growths so well along with having access to the always amazing axes.

I hope this helps a bit.

#3 sumerian99

sumerian99

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

Franz:His high speed growth would be hampered by the Great Knight's caps along with the fact that his most likely support (Seth) would then have a different move type. This was a simple one.

Forde: This is a bit harder. On one hand, the Great Knight promotion gains (and axes) would help make him offensively stronger and better in the short term which might help. Alternatively if his speed/skill is higher then Paladin would fit well. Really it all matters on how he is looking stat wise.

Kyle: Due to his more... hardy nature and better strength, Kyle makes an ideal Great Knight since it fits his growths so well along with having access to the always amazing axes.

I hope this helps a bit.

Thank you for your insight!

Forde currently has 14 strength, 12 skill, 14 speed, 12 luck, 11def and 4 res. So he is pretty balanced and could effectively exploit his decent strength and defense to be a GK, don't you think?
Kyle is, as expected, more tank oriented : 15 strength, 10 skill, 11 speed, 8 luck and 12 def, 5 res.

Both are level 20 cavaliers.

#4 CrashGordon94

CrashGordon94

*pop* *pop* Kaboom!

• Exiled
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:41 AM

Voted Pally for everything.

I'm not into Movement as much as some people are but losing a point in the stat that's the main draw for the class really sucks...

#5 James the Salamander

James the Salamander

NaLi 4ever!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

By the way, Great Knights have the same speed cap as Paladins, just to nitpick, NTNP.

Anyway, a lot of the hardcore players here are gonna tell you to make them all paladins for the 8 move to the GK's 6.

But I'm not that simple minded, so I'll give my own thoughts on the matter:

Franz: This is pretty simple. He doesn't excatly hit the GK caps or come anywhere near close to them, except for speed.(for starters, he's 4 away from capping str as a GK at 20/20, compared to 2 as a paladin.) Also, his best supports(Seth and the aformentioned Amelia)have 8 move, so it would make perfect sense to make him a paladin.

Ford: Again, this is dependant on a few factors. Like Franz, Ford doesn't cap anything or come close as a GK except skill and speed(Ford has 22str as a GK, and he caps both skl/spd as a paladin anyway), though axes would improve Ford's offensive game.

Kyle: This is one of the few cases where GK sounds like a decent option, as unlike the other two, Kyle can actually reasonably reach the GK's high 28 str cap. Also, while all three GK's can use axes effectively, Kyle loses VERY slightly less AS from heavier axes(and doesn't lose any from Brave Lance or Tomahawk FWIW, but the +1 con is generally superfluous.)

#6 Levant Caprice

Levant Caprice

It's Bianca de Sainte-Coquille.

• Location:Possibly somewhere in Al-Revis Academy, Ransei, Zey Meruze, Arland, Alanya, Arls, Sera Island, Ar Tonelico, or the Netheruniverse. May also be in Ayesha's workshop, Ylisse, Berge, or the Yggdrasil Region of Riviera. Might also be assistant to the Combat Revue, running and gunning in Basel, or even in Selphia.
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:58 AM

Voted Paladin for all of them, because of a bias against Great Knights (defeats the purpose of a mount IMO, and GKs are essentially foot units that take worse movement penalties. Having weaknesses to both anti-horse weapons and anti-armor weapons, minor a detail as it may be, does not help Great Knights' case).

Edited by Metal King Slime, 04 February 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#7 Progenitus

Progenitus

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

You don't go GK for the stat caps, you go GK because of the axes + better promotion bonuses (sans move of course). IIRC it's like +1 str/spd/def and +2 con if you go GK instead of pally.

I used to promote GK over pally, but then I realized that actually I was just getting RNG screwed everytime and that enemies actually suck really hard, and so the +2 move is better than the other stat bonuses.

#8 a.f.k.a. Howard Hughes

a.f.k.a. Howard Hughes

I demand a cup of tea

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

alll paladins. This game is so easy that GK's superior offence is useless. On the other hand you want every point of movement you can get in that @$&#&5 Gorgon map.

#9 sumerian99

sumerian99

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

alll paladins. This game is so easy that GK's superior offence is useless. On the other hand you want every point of movement you can get in that @{:content:}amp;#&5 Gorgon map.

So many Paladins, my god!

#10 Gyarados

Gyarados

The new Narga

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:04 AM

Paladin is better always. Even Duessel would have been better as a paladin.

#11 Othin

Othin

Trapped in Biden's time machine

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:32 AM

Choose whichever would be cooler in each case. Being effective is overrated.

#12 a.f.k.a. Howard Hughes

a.f.k.a. Howard Hughes

I demand a cup of tea

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

So many Paladins, my god!

its not my fault they are easily superior to GK in every matterfull aspect

#13 Rewjeo

Rewjeo

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

Things only matter in certain playstyles/skill levels. If you really don't care about movement, then GK is better. Personally, I'd take paladin every time, but that's because of how I play.

#14 Anouleth

Anouleth

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

While Paladin is generally superior for LTC runs, if you don't plan to skip through Chapter 19, Great Knight might be better for the increased stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users