Rate the Unit Day 6: Vanessa

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends approximately at 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Average Ratings

Gilliam: 3.27

Moulder: 6.89

Eirika: 7.34

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

fuck it i havent even eaten breakfast yet vanessa later

I'm going to remove that "Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available." clause, since I don't like it. Availability should factor somewhat. Bitch at me if you want and I'll change it back if there's enough clamor.

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanessa... Well, she flies!

Not to mention she'll really rock throughout the game either as a WK or an FK; she can 2-range all she wants with Javelins (unless you glitch up your game, of course with the WK), ferry slow people and also laugh at hit rates despite of her "Ouchy" start being in axeland.

^ Cool logic.

Vanessa is a godess with wings. She shaves so many turns, its ridiculous. She is prone to massive RNG screwage for some reason, but hey, I always get screwed characters in Sacred Stones so it just might be me >_>.

I give the Goddess with Wings a 9.7/10 -.3 for axelandia.

Vanessa is a really good unit if you want to transport someone like Gilliam and can fly over mountains. With a bit of training at tower of valni she becomes quite the defensive wall. And she can hit stuff really hard definitely good, only downside is there are a lot of archers a the enemy's side making it have to take a while till you can use her in most maps.

9/10

Edited by saifors

10/10

She flies, she comes early, she is arguably the second best unit in the game (Franz doesn't fly), and she's fabulous. And she has double Anima supports. Even though they can't catch up to her. But still. The thought that counts.

Vanessa is one of those many units we get in the beginning of this game that will never have good combat in any sort of efficient run. Good news for her? She flies and has great aid. I don't think flying is as helpful in this game as it is in some, so I'm going with a 7.5/10.

Edited by Rewjeo

4/10

I've never liked Vanessa, because she isn't Tana or Cormag.

Fuck this. I'm going to be a REALLY COOL RULEMONGERER and change that line to if your reasoning contains "not X" as a justification, it will be thrown out.

Unless it's done in jest.

EDIT: But in anti-REALLY COOL RULEMONGERER fashion, I'm not going to apply it retroactively. This vote would still have been thrown out under the old law, because it does not contain justification for being outside of the general parameters of the average rating (and I'm reeeeeally liberal with that).

EDIT2: What would be the general opinion on having a ROUND TWO for poor Eirika under the new (count best route only) rules after the final unit?

Edited by Integrity

5/10

Overrated. She's good for perhaps 3 chapters in the entire game.

EDIT2: What would be the general opinion on having a ROUND TWO for poor Eirika under the new (count best route only) rules after the final unit?

That won't change my rating, since Ephraim Route is always the best route.

I'm going to say 8/10 just for her ferrying, I'd rather have Syrene later on but early on she's fairly invaluable until Tana comes around. It seems hard to build her up in efficiency, Seth or not.

8/10

I prefer flyers who can do combat, not too fond of rescue bots (I know, sue me) so yeah, I prefer Cormag.

Still she isn't bad and making helps Seth in those times when he can't do everything quick enough (so once or twice in the game)

9/10 for being useful in Sethskip, useful in casual runs, and pretty darn good in that there desert map. I don't like her as much as Tana though, because of iffier stats all around (she may have higher skill, speed, and/or luck, but damnit, Tana has good enough of those stats anyways), but she's around for way longer.

Edited by Refa

8/10

I prefer flyers who can do combat, not too fond of rescue bots (I know, sue me) so yeah, I prefer Cormag.

Still she isn't bad and making helps Seth in those times when he can't do everything quick enough (so once or twice in the game)

This.

Fuck this. I'm going to be a REALLY COOL RULEMONGERER and change that line to if your reasoning contains "not X" as a justification, it will be thrown out.

Unless it's done in jest.

EDIT: But in anti-REALLY COOL RULEMONGERER fashion, I'm not going to apply it retroactively. This vote would still have been thrown out under the old law, because it does not contain justification for being outside of the general parameters of the average rating (and I'm reeeeeally liberal with that).

Yeah, when I posted mine the rules only said "not Seth" instead of "not X".

@Pinkie.Pie.Whatever- I did read the rules, BRO, before they were changed, BRO.

Edited by FireEmblemReignsSupreme

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

This part has always been there. Preference for Tana and Cormag has nothing to do with Vanessa's actual ingame performance.

Yeah, when I posted mine the rules only said "not Seth" instead of "not X".

@Pinkie.Pie.Whatever- I did read the rules, BRO, before they were changed, BRO.

Apparently you didn't read the rules thoroughly enough, bro.