[FE4] Rate the Unit VII

Caliban of Sycorax

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking

Sigurd: 9.96

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Ardan: 1.39

Lex: 8.83

Azel: 4.63

DAY 7: CUAN

___

Cuan's pretty awesome. Like Sigurd, he comes prepromoted, and is your first reliable Lance user. Of course, he joins in Axe country, so he's not so good. But he does have an ace in the hole: Ethlin. Cuan and Ethlin can tag-team and go Lover crazy, and they have similar move (he has 9, she has 8). Cuan is also going to be running ahead of the crowd alongside Sigurd for all of his time available. The problem is, Cuan's not available after Chapter 3. The worst part? He gets Gaebolg in the final stretch of Chapter 3. Y'know, the part with the Pirates that Sigurd usually solos?

Nonetheless Cuan's still extremely useful. The C2 Silver Lance is his for the taking, and that turns him into a death machine. He doesn't have Pursuit but has Continue, and there's a point where it doesn't matter because he'll Silver Lance stab people to death without it.

Also, he's the reason Altenna doesn't suck. That's something, right?

Cuan is one of the best Gen 1 units. I don't think he's better than Lex or Sigurd, but he's a close contender. 9/10

Comes in axeland, but is durable enough and has good atk to deal with them anyway. Pretty cool guy. Can do lovercrits with Ethlin who unlike Diadora with Sigurd, actually catch up with her partner. Has horse. Leaves after C3 though but that's still 4 chapters of availability which isn't bad. 8.5 since I gave Lex a 9 and he isn't around for as long as Lex.

Cuan is a pretty cool guy, but he's pursuitless in axeland. Still, he 2HKO's everything he touches, and every time continue proc's, something is dead. He's so intimidating once he gets the Gae Borg the enemies don't even bother attacking him. A shame he doesn't exist for the whole first gen, but admittably, he wouldn't be that great in chapter 4 (unless he had the Gae Borg).

I'll give him a 8.5/10, which includes my personal bias, as he's my favourite first gen character other than Fin.

Cuan is my favorite character. he is durable enough to survive in Axeland and I think combat wise he is one of the best of Generation 2

I would rate him 8.5/10 but personal bias puts him at 9.2/10

Edited by Second Pronoun

He's durable, he stabs, he gets love crits... he lacks Pursuit. But that's about the worst thing I can say about him. In growths, he actually out-Sigurds Sigurd. He even has Gae Bolg for a while to have some fun.

Then he leaves. And that blows.

I want to rate him high, but I can't go higher than 7/10. Don't get me wrong here, he's awesome... for 4 chapters. And while he's doing some killin' in that time, it's not quite the same utility as someone like Ethlin. And unlike Fin, he doesn't come back. Well he tries, but Trabant kills him because his wife is an idiot. I suppose that should come out of her score instead of his.

There isn't much than can survive more than 1 or 2 hits from him. His poor avoid in axe land is somewhat made up for by his durability. No pursuit hurts, but he's dealing enough damage. His best chapter is chapter 2, where he's pretty much a second Sigurd.

8.5/10, because he's got a great ego!

8/10. He's good, but he can't do enough to make up for lack of Pursuit to be any better.

*cough*Hero Lance*cough*

Cuan is alright. He always 2HKOs things with that Steel Lance, but he leaves a little over halfway into the generation. But he has good durability, and that's worth something. If for some reason you want to give him the Hero Lance even though Fury and Fin want it more, you can give him that too.

8.5/10

Edited by Knuckles

He's a good fighter who vanishes halfway through the game. I gave Lex a 9, so I think it's fair Cuan gets the same for being better for slightly shorter.

9/10

Cuan is extremely solid for as long as you have him, but he's gone for a significant portion of the game.

I actually expected that my score would be quite a hit higher than the average here, but I guess that shows how the consensus changes over time.

8/10

Edited by Duff Ostrich

8/10

Whats there to say about Cuan? He's good in 2 chapters, great in 1.5 chapters and death on a horse in the other half. He also has a cool wife.

Cuan and Lex are good examples of how a lack of pursuit doesn't break a unit. He loses some points for starting in axeland and leaving early, but when he's around he has both good offense and good defense.