Rate the Unit, Day 12: Lute

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Average Ratings

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Eirika: 7.34

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

hopefully you will collectively see reason and concede that artur > lute, but we'll see won't we

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lute is a fraking prodigy after seeing her 1st support convo about all the books she reads, and the usefulness of her, her ability to kill stuff, and I like her character, and the info about her that is given is fals it says "she THINKS she's a prodigy" she doesn't think so she is. Also she put spider's in Artur's room :3 8/10

I don't get it. Why the low scores for Lute? She's a mage, can hit stuff hard. Just no bishop promo for her, but then there's mage knight promo for her. 7/10

Edited by Marth

She's alright if you go slowly (like 10-20 turns per map) but for anything resembling efficiency she takes too much maintenance, and all you get out of it is a 10/1 mounted staffbot that can Torch and Barrier I guess. 3/10

Edited by Mekkah

I kinda like Lute, but she's admittedly not very useful, and by the time you really get her up and running Saleh (In Eir route at least) is just about ready to kick ass. And then there's Artur/(Moulder/Natasha) who you could also be training up.

6/10, because of the above and I think she's kinda cute.

Her mag/spd over Artur isn't gonna help her earn slot in my team unless she procs some speed early. she is very powerful though, but power isn't everything.

Because Dat Con is awful...just awful.

4/10. Yes, a while digit for me.

I just finished my "Lute is awesome PT" where I mostly routed every map with Lute from the point she showed up.

magic always has either 1-2 range or 3-10 range, she gains staves upon promotion, either a horse or light magic with it, she starts in an easy chapter to train her in, joins pretty early, anima is the best magic type, what else would you want?

9/10

Lute's fucking awesome.

Her Con is a piece of shit but she has the advantage of a shitton of chapters that Nino doesn't. And she can get levels fairly quickly. Her MAG and SPD growths are ridiculous, and she can go Sage or Mage Knight.

Did I mention she's fucking awesome?

7.5/10

SPD growths are ridiculous,

45% is far from ridiculous. Artur equals or surpasses her in speed until promotion.

(yes, I mostly just nitpick in these threads)

Edited by Integrity

I'd rate her a lot higher if she gets C staves on promotion too, but she doesn't, because her mag would make an AMAZING Warpbot. Alas.

She's next to useless in Sethskip, but can see some uses in Sethless runs as her damage output is nice. Still, doesn't really bring anything to the team, as there's plenty of people with nice damage outputs and can actually take a hit. Lute...really can't take a hit. Oh and her con is terrible before promotion. Mage Knight is a nice option for her since at least horse and more con, but it doesn't fix her frailty and Excalibur still weighs her down by 2 after considering its speed boost. Better some of the other scrubs we have earlygame, though. 4/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

She's decent enough as a mage and ranged damage user but Arthur is quite a bit better. Since her damage output is dependant on that first point of speed, and she joins when you're 1/2 to 3/4 through a map that gives you easy EXP(so Artur can get a bit ahead in EXP by the time she joins along with his 1 level lead).

4/10

She's alright if you go slowly (like 10-20 turns per map) but for anything resembling efficiency she takes too much maintenance, and all you get out of it is a 10/1 mounted staffbot that can Torch and Barrier I guess. 3/10

Gotta agree with you here. As a Mage Knight, her mag allows her to become a nice healer. Even in the later levels, she can dish out the heals with nothing but a heal staff. I give 4.5/10 due to that utility, but I wouldn't give more because other characters (Athur) can also fill that role and still fight too. Maybe if there were more enemy bishops....

I was giving Whase a tentative pass but no, this isn't going to fly.

He shouldn't get a pass under the "his score is very far from the average so he better have some good justification" rule. Even under his narrow minded playthrough rules, Lute isn't even good at solo'ing because she needs meatshielding to get going for the first 2-3 maps and until promotion her move isn't that great. After promotion, yeah, she's great, but I can't think of any (growth) unit that cannot solo this game with 20+ levels and promo bonuses under their belt.