Photo

Coverage in Famitsu - Casual mode option returns.

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#21 Ether

Ether

Something something words

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

Somebody want to help me load an image? Be warned that it might be completely useless or, at worst, NSFW.

Send me a PM if interested : o

You should really post these things when I'm not in classes, Vincent. There's nothing I can do here.

#22 Emperor Hardin

Emperor Hardin

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:27 AM

Report finished for now.

Hmm, I can't load this image which might be a scan. Japanese image servers can be really hit and miss sometimes >___<

Here's a snippet with My Unit though.

A fixed class, that defeats the whole purpose of a My Unit. How disappointing.

#23 VincentASM

VincentASM

Heartbunny Muse

• Administrator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:35 AM

More scans (here and here.

Hmm, I don't see anything about classes or difficulty modes, so I guess we're missing a page or something.

EDIT

Gotta go for a bit, but some extra story details. I'll double check it later.

Krom is the descendant of the Holy King who saved the world from the Evil Dragon. When the neighbouring nation of Perezia (or Berezia, it's hard to make out from the magazine scan) begins acting suspiciously, Krom commands the vigilante force to protect his country. Krom is skilled with swords and wields his nation's treasured sword "Falchion" in battle.

Edited by VincentASM, 15 February 2012 - 09:57 AM.

#24 Popo

Popo

• Retired Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:27 AM

Krom is the descendant of the Holy King who saved the world from the Evil Dragon. When the neighbouring nation of Perezia (or Berezia, it's hard to make out from the magazine scan) begins acting suspiciously, Krom commands the vigilante force to protect his country. Krom is skilled with swords and wields his nation's treasured sword "Falchion" in battle.

Is it wrong for me to assume that the story will be somewhat related to Marth's? :0

#25 VincentASM

VincentASM

Heartbunny Muse

• Administrator

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

I don't think there's enough information to determine, but the general idea does sound *very* similar to Marth's story. The continent even looks a tiny bit like Archanea...

I'm guessing the story is either a reimagining of FE1/3, like FE6. Or maybe it takes place long after Marth's story?

EDIT

Just saw another scan. It's cool that people are posting them, but it's funny how they're always posted in parts. I think this is the first half of the first page...

Forging is back.

Game seems to be single player only. Unless Famitsu has outdate information.

Edited by VincentASM, 15 February 2012 - 10:54 AM.

#26 Popo

Popo

• Retired Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm guessing the story is either a reimagining of FE1/3, like FE6.

Whah? I've never heard of this! :0

#27 VincentASM

VincentASM

Heartbunny Muse

• Administrator

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:59 AM

Oh, I'm not sure if there's any official statement that says that, but I always thought that FE6 is quite similar to FE1/3 in a lot of ways (I think... or is it just the Mamkutes), although probably not as close as this game is X D

#28 Othin

Othin

Trapped in Biden's time machine

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:07 AM

It could be interesting to see a follow-up to FE1/3 from several hundred years later or something like that.

MU's fixed special class is interesting, and sounds like a sign for both more actual class variety and not having reclassing at all, so yay for both. If only there was such a sign for skills... The skills seem to have a mix of minor and major effects; do we have any confirmation that the major skills like Astra can be swapped around like the others? It doesn't sound so bad if it's just things like the critical bonuses that could be swapped while relevant skills remain where they should.

#29 deuxhero

deuxhero

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Somebody want to help me load an image? Be warned that it might be completely useless or, at worst, NSFW.

Why would it be NSFW?

#30 Othin

Othin

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Why would it be NSFW?

Because it's the internet? Hypothetically, any unknown image anywhere could potentially be NSFW.

#31 Momo

Momo

what are you looking at

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

Amnesia? Really IS? That is the laziest plot device ever.

Also, I was going to say "40 classes sounds like way too many without being redundant" but then I counted the last game's and uhhhh...

#32 VincentASM

VincentASM

Heartbunny Muse

• Administrator

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

Because it's the internet? Hypothetically, any unknown image anywhere could potentially be NSFW.

Exactly, plus the image was linked from 2ch. I've been burned a few times by clicking on image links on 2ch, but it's all for the greater FE good... >___<

#33 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

Apparently a Wiffle-Waffle

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

Exactly, plus the image was linked from 2ch. I've been burned a few times by clicking on image links on 2ch, but it's all for the greater FE good... >___<

You poor unfortunate soul.

*continues discussion in the FE4 thread*

I'd be willing to do so. I mean, Pixiv burned my eyes a few times as well while looking for Ninian Fanart.

#34 King Marth 64

King Marth 64

The King of Fire Emblem

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image

And I see the Blond Hair Man with the Sword in his portrait looks like an enemy unit (possibly more like Boss or Recruitable Enemy)

#35 BwdYeti

BwdYeti

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:39 PM

It makes me think generic Mercenary, but it could be anything
EDIT
wait but there were generics in one of the past videos who were just all shadowed so it's probably not that... hm...

Posted Image

~ ' 3'~

Edited by BwdYeti, 15 February 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#36 VincentASM

VincentASM

Heartbunny Muse

• Administrator

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

The enemy's just a Ruffian. You can tell if a character is generic if their name contains hiragana or kanji (which requires you to know a little Japanese).

Which reminds me, that pre-battle screen looks kind of confusing, assuming it's the pre-battle screen. Where's the Critical rate numbers?

#37 deuxhero

deuxhero

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Which reminds me, that pre-battle screen looks kind of confusing, assuming it's the pre-battle screen. Where's the Critical rate numbers?

FE4 style crits?

I'm going to call it now

Krom and or Liz gave Mu his amnesia, or at least know of hir before the amnesia, because if you are going to give the player themself amnesia, you might as well fully copy the last game to do that.

Wonder how Mu's promotion works.

Edited by deuxhero, 15 February 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#38 Othin

Othin

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:59 PM

With all those skills relating to crits, I wonder if critical rates might be completely dependent on those abilities rather than stats.

It was this way in Berwick Saga, where there were a bunch of ways to get a crit rate (weapons, supports, skills, really high weapon skill), but for characters that didn't have any of them and therefore didn't have a crit rate, there was no display for it; it was just added if they had a >0 chance. If this is using a similar system, it might also similarly not be mentioning the crit rate if it's nonexistent.

#39 shadowofchaos

shadowofchaos

Apparently a Wiffle-Waffle

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

*Huge image*

Come on man, a little courtesy please. Spoiler it, link it, or crop the image to the part you want to comment on. Some people have screens that are small and we don't want to scroll down so much just to see one little sentence for your post.

Feels like those Gundam games for the PS2 for the screen style. Like the ones Seph1212 has been playing.

There's no 「必殺」 anywhere to be found on those pre-battle screens. Maybe it's a SECOND pre-battle screen?

#40 Ether

Ether

Something something words

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

It shows HP going from 7 -> 0 on the generic. Perhaps it is what shows up when Animations are off? (Does not know Japanese, and claims no responsibility for this being disproven by said Japanese)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users