Coverage in Famitsu - Casual mode option returns.

deuxhero

http://andriasang.com/comzyw/fire_emblem_permadeath/

There are "over 40" classes, which may or may not count promotion (FE8 has 46+3 enemy only+21 monsters, with 18 unpromoted+3 trainees)

Also mentions fast skipping battles on a fight by fight basis is an option. May be more info on dual attacks and My Unit.

Edited by deuxhero

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the article, units class change at a certain level. I'm guessing that that means "Bye-bye!" for promotion items.

Not necessarily. FE10 had auto promotion at level 20+1, but master seals/crowns existed too.

According to the article, units class change at a certain level. I'm guessing that that means "Bye-bye!" for promotion items.

I am cool with that. It's annoying having to wait for a promotion item when you have a character sitting at 20/0

Not necessarily. FE10 had auto promotion at level 20+1, but master seals/crowns existed too.

Either way, I'm fine with not needing promotion items.

Oh, that's right. I completely forgot about that. :U

The fact that Casual Mode is returning isn't too much of a surprise. It serves as a way to invite more people into the series, and bring in people that might've been turned off because of permadeath.

Pooey, neither source have any actual scans of the article/blurb.

I was also hoping that someone out there would have article scans. The people at this site would've already picked the article apart for anything else the news site might've missed.

Hmm... Maeda was the director of FE12? I wonder what his involvement was in FESD...

Anyways, I honestly have no qualms against having a separate Casual Mode, as long as Classic still remains. Also, Tactician class? Maybe that's My Unit's class, since so far we haven't been able to see whether or not MU can change between different classes. If that's so, then I'd say that's at least a step in the right direction.

I've seen scans; I'm currently writing up a report.

I can confirm that My Unit is a "Strategist" that wields magic and swords. Looks like I was right that their class is fixed o__o

Edited by VincentASM

Magic and swords? Let's hope that he's competent in both.

And I'd also like if he's not forced. More unforced deployment slots = better.

I've seen scans; I'm currently writing up a report.

I can confirm that My Unit is a "Strategist" that wields magic and swords. Looks like I was right that their class is fixed o__o

Oh, neat!

I mean, I would've preferred a choosable class but I've been waiting for another magic and sword class in a newer game!

Now I really want this to hop over. Maybe Casual Mode will help get people playing on this end.

It didn't make more people play FE12. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Somebody want to help me load an image? Be warned that it might be completely useless or, at worst, NSFW.

Send me a PM if interested : o

Edit: nevermind, gotta go.

Edited by VincentASM

Somebody want to help me load an image? Be warned that it might be completely useless or, at worst, NSFW.

Send me a PM if interested : o

You should really post these things when I'm not in classes, Vincent. There's nothing I can do here.

More scans (here and here.

Hmm, I don't see anything about classes or difficulty modes, so I guess we're missing a page or something.

EDIT

Gotta go for a bit, but some extra story details. I'll double check it later.

Krom is the descendant of the Holy King who saved the world from the Evil Dragon. When the neighbouring nation of Perezia (or Berezia, it's hard to make out from the magazine scan) begins acting suspiciously, Krom commands the vigilante force to protect his country. Krom is skilled with swords and wields his nation's treasured sword "Falchion" in battle.
Edited by VincentASM

Krom is the descendant of the Holy King who saved the world from the Evil Dragon. When the neighbouring nation of Perezia (or Berezia, it's hard to make out from the magazine scan) begins acting suspiciously, Krom commands the vigilante force to protect his country. Krom is skilled with swords and wields his nation's treasured sword "Falchion" in battle.

Is it wrong for me to assume that the story will be somewhat related to Marth's? :0

I don't think there's enough information to determine, but the general idea does sound *very* similar to Marth's story. The continent even looks a tiny bit like Archanea...

I'm guessing the story is either a reimagining of FE1/3, like FE6. Or maybe it takes place long after Marth's story?

EDIT

Just saw another scan. It's cool that people are posting them, but it's funny how they're always posted in parts. I think this is the first half of the first page...

Forging is back.

Game seems to be single player only. Unless Famitsu has outdate information.

Edited by VincentASM