Rate the Unit, Day 18: Tana

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Average Ratings

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

forde beat kyle by a factor of ponytail

this is ...disappointing.

Edited by Integrity

Vanessa beats her, since she joins earlier, she'd be a lot higher leveled already.

next to that, Tana herself isn't bad. wyvern knights are cool, lance are a nice weapon choice, nice move, reasonable stats.

6.5/10

Oh look it Tana the Banana a.k.a Tanana, lol at chat in a different website.

So she's typically Vanessa who joins later with better STR, a bit less SKL and SPD but is kinda pseudo-tanky; considering she takes the shoes of the middle Pegasus girl of the trio.

Now, depending on the route you take; on Eirika route, she joins right away and is usable from the beginning; Ephraim route on the other hand reeks of the Lilina-in-a-Cell syndrome where you'll need her to be out of the enemy's range constantly or she's toast which might give her some minus points; although at that annoying route... You'll get Cormag by using talking him with Tana!

Her support pool is magnificent! She has access to so many CRIT options, being that are Eirika, Ephraim and Cormag; and her affinity, Wind is also a CRIT affinity, so she'll have full ATK and CRIT bonuses if she gets her supports up! Nice! Although her other options? Syrene is okay, but comes too late despite of furnishing +AVO, +CRIT and +DEF, lolMarisa and lolInnes unless you're mad at her durability in case she gets screwed.

Now, promotion-wise... She's still okay, either you choose the Pierce ability but glitches-up-your-game sometimes or have WTC with Swords; It's your call.

Verdict?

I'll have to play by the rules then...

Edited by Le Ultimate Failure

I think I gave Vanessa a 7.5 or something. Tana really isn't going to be going anywhere combat-wise either, and has lost out most notably on chapter 7 flying utility. What's left I can't give her full credit for, either, since she does it no better than Vanessa.

6/10.

She flies! That's alright. But Vanessa already does that! Hrm. Well flying isn't necessarily a one-wyvern job or anything, so that's hardly any reason to complain. She is pretty good, has decent supports, she just comes a little late. Assuming the better route for her, she does alright.

She also has a stupid outfit, bad hair, a derpy face, and a grossly inferior brother complex to Eirika, so for once I'm going to actually exercise bias rights on an aesthetic level and dock her for that. 6/10.

Well, since we're rating based on the better route, Tana will take Eir because she's kinda bad in Eph. Doing nothing for most of her joining map and then Cormag comes the map after? Do not want. And I'd rather talk to him with Duessel than Tana because lol Tana's durability at that point, what with the other two wyverns and that shit.

But she's not bad in Eir. Sure, her base level and stats could definitely be better, but at least she can still fly. Training her to actual combat takes a bit of effort, and Vanessa, if trained, will surely surpass her at this point, but if all you've been using Vanessa for is ferrying, then she might be a better candidate to be trained for combat. Her growths aren't shabby, either. She's also good for getting the second Rapier, since there's some specific positioning that would let her get to the Rapier village without getting attacked (or if she is attacked, only once and not enough to make her dead, I don't remember), or just ferrying Seth/Franz/whoever you want to be killing your shits over to the other side and let him/her at it. There's quite a few routs, and some has annoying-ass terrain (Eir 12, I'm looking at you), so ferrying a better combat unit over terrain or straight up killing stuff while not giving two rat's asses about the terrain is a bonus too. Nobody said you only can have one flier, after all.

Okay so I rated Vanessa 8.5 that means Tana gets a 7.5 for having 7 chapters less availability and some catching up to do in comparison.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Vanessa barely gets 4-5 levels (for me atleast) before you get Tana. If Vanessa's only purpose was ferrying then Tana is the one to train. Wyvern Knight's are awesome (They actually look like Wyverns unlike Wyvern Lords) and having 2 is always cool. But Cormag has dibs on one Whip so there's only one left.Tana is slightly better. Availability is all that Vanessa has over her. For me, thats not gonna lower tana's score. Only slightly less speed but more strength which is I think is better.9/10 Didn't vote for Vanessa bt she would have gotten 8/10.

Tana flies but nowhere near as good as Vanessa or Cormag, both of whom will promote before her. In fact, promoting Tana may be tough anyway because she's the last flyer to promote and has to compete for a Master Seal. Tana IS a force to be reckoned with, however, she has better Strength and HP averages than Nessy, and they're about even in defenses.

She also can support Ephraim which isn't too slow and she'll not be on the front lines for a while anyway.

Overall I give her a 7/10.

Growth unit in a time where growths aren't 100% needed. The much better Cormag shows up in a chapter later, so yeah.

4/10

How hard is it for people to follow so simple a rule as

Dat Rules

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Seriously. If you think she's terrible solely because Cormag shows up in one chapter on Ephraim route, then rate her based on Eirika route where he doesn't show up until 4 chapters later and (potentially, depending on playstyle) costs you turns.

Anyway, resources on a flyer > resources on a non-flyer so she always gets the +7 hp, +2 str, +2 def items from me. Vanessa spends too much time ferrying before Tana shows up and Sethskip means Vanessa has similar stats to Tana in chapter 9 (like, Vanessa has +1 spd and that's all). But I haven't gone fast enough after chapter 9 to properly evaluate Tana's ability, so ... I suppose if I go with Sethskip until chapter 9 and then slow down a bit but not too much Tana can get a 8/10. Lacks availability but is instantly better than Vanessa once she shows up due to better Str (base and growth) than what Vanessa will have. Also a better spd growth to eventually catch up that 1 AS she's down.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

7/10

good and all but Vanessa is still strictly superior if trained and availability

not that stats particularly matter when the main draw is wings

still better than a lot of people because flying

Edited by Dirk Strider

Comes underleveled, although her bases are good for her level. She will basically trail behind your entire team for the rest of the game in levels, but her stats are really good so it's not too much of a pain. Her underleveledness also causes her to not really have a problem with the steep exp drop off most other units hit after Chapter 8. She flies, too, which is nice.

7/10

Bad starting level and stats, but she can fly, which automatically makes her good. She's slightly less good on Ephraim route though due to being useless in chapter 9 and flying not being as useful on his route.

Eirika route rating: 8.5/10

Ephraim route rating: 8/10

Overall rating: 8.25/10

Bad starting level and stats, but she can fly, which automatically makes her good. She's slightly less good on Ephraim route though due to being useless in chapter 9 and flying not being as useful on his route.

Eirika route rating: 8.5/10

Ephraim route rating: 8/10

Overall rating: 8.25/10

I'm tempted to not count this one out of spite as long as the "Ephraim route rating" is there.

I'm also going to go bold that fucking line because agaaaaaaaa.

I'm tempted to not count this one out of spite as long as the "Ephraim route rating" is there.

I'm also going to go bold that fucking line because agaaaaaaaa.

Perhaps you should specify in the opening post, which route X unit is better recruited from.

I.e. when we get to Amelia. I won't know what route to rate her on.

More importantly, I don't know which route to rate Ewan and Marisa and Cormag on (I'm assuming Eir/Eph/Eph)

lol Forde beat Kyle, I'd have thought Kyle would be more poplular here.

Anyway

I find when I'm using Seth, Vanessa gets very few levels, and when Tana shows up, the only thing Nessie really has on her is speed. Tana's growths are also better. She can drop Seth down south in her join chapter to take care of everything down there, and flight is decent in chapter 12, 15, 17, 18 and 20.

Still, she may have a tough time getting levels if Seth exists, so i'll give her a 7/10

If Forde wins on ponytail, Tana should be at the top of this ranking list because her ponytail blows Forde's one out of the water. Ahem. . .

She's cute, perky, and allergic to arrows. Vanessa may have more time, but Vanessa is usually relegated to ferry. I'm more likely to use Tana to kill things. I think she does everything Vanessa did and more, so. . .

8.5/10

She's cute, perky, and allergic to arrows.

Approves. Obligatory cute blue haired Pegg.

And she is royalty. All royalty in this game is upper eschelon (except Innes, but he is still high).

Edited by Elieson

L'Arachel>Innes is new.

Teach me more.

Innes gets Nidhogg and is better than the other bow mainers.

He's Seth as a sniper, with a lower str growth in exchange for better speed.

He's decent, and can ORKO some stuff on PP, and can take a few hits on EP, as well as use all but steel/longbows W/O AS loss.

As for Forde, its beacause he's more reliable than Kyle.

Kyle 2hkos all and never doubles.

Forde doubles sooner, and can ORKO with stronger weapons.

Tana is nice, get her to lvl 10 and she goes WK.

For added durability and better combat.

L'Arachel>Innes is new.

Teach me more.

Innes gets Nidhogg and is better than the other bow mainers.

First off, the difference in rank is not much. 2nd, in a draft setting, you tell me one person who ganks Innes before 3RD round.

And Warp > Nidhogg. Hell, even Rescue > Nidhogg. She may not be its best user, but she certainly can produce results with it, and those results can outweigh Innes contributions with his shiny bow of baddassery.