Fire Emblem: Dimensional Rift

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
151 replies to this topic

#21 I have opinions

I have opinions

Wyverns are so cool!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Gaiden

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

Yeah, I know that they are not good. But it isn't just a recolor, thats what I was getting at.

I don't see how that matters, since Eclipse's point was still "get some spriting help" ;/

Which you should do, if you're serious about this.

but I ain't helpin', I hate crossovers (except two) with a burning passion

#22 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hm, yes I see what you are saying. I didn't plan on keeping these sprites forever.

I'm just not asking around for spriters because I need to get more progress before I do that.

#23 I have opinions

I have opinions

Wyverns are so cool!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Hm, yes I see what you are saying. I didn't plan on keeping these sprites forever.

I'm just not asking around for spriters because I need to get more progress before I do that.

... I like you.

Keep up that attitude. You might actually get somewhere with this.

#24 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:57 PM

Thank you. I really hope you are not being sarcastic.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you dislike Cross Over hacks?

#25 I have opinions

I have opinions

Wyverns are so cool!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'm not being sarcastic. So many hackers are so gung ho about their ideas that they just rush in and make requests for mugs without getting anywhere. You're actually trying to make progress, and that's a good indicator that you're not an idiot.

And I just dislike most fanfics in general. The idea that someone is taking characters and writing them together bothers me. There have only been a few times where I, personally, think it's been done well, so I'm not a very big fan of them. Most of the time, and I'm not saying this is the case for yours, the characters in the cross over are very out of character, and it really kills the experience. But that's just my two cents/opinion.

#26 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Yeah I see what you mean by that. I've kept that in mind. The text I have in right now is just a "backbone" I would say, because I want to keep the characters in personality.

One problem I will face are for characters that never talk i.e. Link and Isaac, but I think dealing with that won't be so hard. But that won't be a worry until I actually release a patch.

#27 I have opinions

I have opinions

Wyverns are so cool!

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

Isaac talks in Golden Sun 2 and Dark Dawn. Use those as reference points ' 3'

#28 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

I guess I should have played those games in the series. Even then Isaac's character is pretty straight foreword. I'm not worried about it.

#29 Hamlet

Hamlet

Now is the winter of our discontent.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

Good thing I stopped hacking because if we both had Haar as Jeigans this would be awkward

I'm not going to comment on the mugs only because, well, I'd rather someone better than me make comments. But Haar's battlesprite needs pallette work. The image is kind of small so I can't pinpoint it, but it does need some work.

#30 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

Yes it does. So does Zappa's. I knew that for the most part that everything was black so I just kinda went with it. I need to get my hands on a wyvern lord with axes battle sprite eventually.

#31 Jubby

Jubby

derp

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

... I like you.

Keep up that attitude. You might actually get somewhere with this.

Seconded. TBA told me when I asked him for permission, "When you absolutely need them, have progress, and everything else is done, then ask." Paraphrased. Anyway, that's always struck me as the best way to do things; that way the spriter knows they will at least get a patch or something out of it :3 The fact that you also subscribe to this kind of thinking shows that you're not a dumbass, unlike most people starting hacks. :) So more power to ya!

Edit: oh yeah and if you're planning on doing any more FE9 & 10 characters, I'm working on resizing most of the portraits just for spriting practice (and so that I can use them to get more interesting splice pieces for my own hack) so hit me up :3

Edited by Jubby, 19 February 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#32 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

Thank you :) A few months back when I discovered ROM hacking and Serenes Forest, I saw all of these posts from new hackers about their ideas that were told to show some work. I learned fast that I needed to have some work done before going to the forums.

#33 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

Well learning fast is another good thing :3 The fact that you have progress without asking for sprites once is quite good. Sooo keep it up, I guess, I haven't played any games other than FE that are featured here but I might give it a try when you release a demo :P

#34 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:38 PM

Thanks again! But you are wrong on one point. A little while back I had seen the Haar sprite on a sprite topic with, "This is old I don't care if you use it." So I asked and got permission for that one, but that's it.

#35 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

Weeeell yeah, but that's kinda public domain :P Are you planning on having any other FE characters?

#36 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Lots of them! They actually account for about half of the cast of the game, I'm just introducing them in slowly.

#37 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Are they mostly from earlier FE's, or later ones? (If you can say, I'm just curious :P)

#38 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Characters from FE7-10 will be in this.

Characters from Zelda, Golden Sun, Lost Magic, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross and few miscellaneous games as well

#39 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

Okay, lol well I know FE7-10 and Zelda, and I played MK404's hack so I guess I'll know some of those other characters too :P Will give it a playthrough when you have a demo then!

#40 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

Cool! Thanks for the support!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users