151 replies to this topic

#61 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

And Chapter 1 is complete!
Posted Image

Isaac Riku and Zappa arrive at Fort Vale only to find it under attack with Sheik, Jenna and Laura outside defending it. After finishing off the attackers, they find that they are soldiers of the mysterious Twilight Empire. The enemy commander tells them about how the Emperor is unknown, but that he knows of the 7 generals of the Twilight. Based off of the descriptions Riku recognizes Ansem, Isaac recognizes Satorus and Zappa recognizes Viper. They return to the castle and tell Jenna everything. Glenn arrives with reinforcements and orders from Link. Zappa, Sheik and Laura are to accompany the three to Renais Castle, and gives Riku and letter for Ephraim. Glenn is also filled in with info and everybody goes their way.

Sorry Chrono Cross/Golden Sun fans! Glenn and Jenna are not playable yet.

Edited by fuzz94, 20 March 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#62 Dr.Sholes

Dr.Sholes

I ain't even mad, bro.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

It does appear you're in need of mugs, good sir. PM me with some details and I could probably get a few of them done. :):

#63 Tangerine

Tangerine

Ethereal Citrus Archon

• Administrator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

You need to work on your text formatting/structure. Some of your message boxes are too long (basically right at the limit).

And I really hope the "Twilight Empire" is not going to be what I first envisioned it as :P:. Or maybe I hope that it will be, because I might play if it is going to be campy as hell. Camp is love.

Edited by Tangerine, 20 March 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#64 HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

we need more camp hacks anyways.

too many of these take themselfs far too serious

#65 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 21 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

@ Tangerine: I'm going to guess that "campy" is goofy and completely a joke, like the zombie hack. I am sorry to say that this hack is far from campy Posted Image And If you are assuming that by Twilight I mean those stupid little vampires you are also sadly mistaken. As much as I'd love to have Hector and Ephraim obliterate Edward Cullen, this game will not feature that. And as for the text stuff I am going to release a demo patch at chapter 5 and then completely fix and perfect the first chapters before progressing.

@Makalov If you feel like there is not enough of them, then make one.

#66 HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

@ Tangerine: I'm going to guess that "campy" is goofy and completely a joke, like the zombie hack. I am sorry to say that this hack is far from campy Posted Image And If you are assuming that by Twilight I mean those stupid little vampires you are also sadly mistaken. As much as I'd love to have Hector and Ephraim obliterate Edward Cullen, this game will not feature that. And as for the text stuff I am going to release a demo patch at chapter 5 and then completely fix and perfect the first chapters before progressing.

@Makalov If you feel like there is not enough of them, then make one.

i'm not insulting your hack...

besides when i had freetime and wasn't bogged down with college i was in the making of doing a rather Camp hack filled with bromance.

#67 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

I don't think he thought that, he's basically saying if you want a camp hack go make one. People take hacks seriously, cause for us, they're like, actual video games that we spend many many hours developing, creating, testing, spriting for, etc

#68 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

and Jubster hit the nail right on the head! Didn't have to give an explanation either.

#69 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

So Chapter 2 is oh so close to being done and I got this idea. I want to get a few beta testers to send the first 2 chapters and the prologue to, to see how I am doing.

It would mainly be to see if I was keeping everyone in character, but also any event bugs that I missed.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'll probably take like, 5 people.

#70 Hamlet

Hamlet

Now is the winter of our discontent.

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

I don't see Sheik swearing like that. Not only is it not in the language of the region, but I can't see the character swearing in the first place.

#71 Klokinator

Klokinator

HAIR FLIP ASIAN GIRL IS BACK BABY

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

So alliek

In my free time, I fix up dialogue for hacks. I'm like, really amazing ith FEditor and all that crap. This entire hack looks mediocrish, but that text is actually making me feel ill. If you want, send me all your custom text and I'll rewrite it, fix it up for you, allthatstuff.

It's a dollar per line

#72 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

gaaaah That would add up quick. Very quick.

I was more or less just hoping for people to play it and just tell me where I've been out of character, lacking detail, or just flat out wrote it bad, so I could fix it.

#73 NICKT™

NICKT™

NICKT

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

This entire hack, makes me sad. :dry:

#74 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

umm, why is that?

#75 Subieko

Subieko

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

So Chapter 2 is oh so close to being done and I got this idea. I want to get a few beta testers to send the first 2 chapters and the prologue to, to see how I am doing.

It would mainly be to see if I was keeping everyone in character, but also any event bugs that I missed.

If anyone is interested let me know. I'll probably take like, 5 people.

If you're looking for beta testers, I could play through it. I've been looking for a hack to play. ^^

#76 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Cool! I'll PM you about it

#77 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

Chapter 2 is complete so screens should be up soon.

Im still looking for another one or two beta testers so if anyone out there is interested send me a PM.

#78 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Ch-Cha! Chapter 2 is complete!
Posted Image

I think I have too many screenshots

So the group arrives in the village, just so happens to be named Kakariko. Some bandits show up and try to attack the gaurdless village. When Isaac challenges the bandits the leader Seed runs away. Second in command, Darren, takes charge. Marle (Chrono Trigger) and Gatrie (FE9-10) come out of an Inn and join the battle. Marle and Isaac converse and she joins his group, and then proceeds to tell Gatrie to join. After the battle, Darren tells Isaac to meet him in an Renais village to prepare for an attack on Seed's base. Marle tells Isaac that she needs to deliver a package to Ephraim so she and Gatrie join Isaac's party in their travel to Renais.

I've had a few beta-testers but I could use one or two more for these first 3 chapters, if anyone is interested let me know. This is the last time I ask this at this point

#79 fuzz94

fuzz94

Squad 76

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:55 AM

My original plan was to go up to chapter 5 from here, but I've realized how much better my spriting skills are now (compared mostly to that Isaac mug)

So I'll put up a poll, should I continue with what I have til chapter 5 and put up a Demo Patch, or should I fix all of the sprites I have now and really smooth out all of the issues and then progress from there

#80 Celice

Celice

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Don't ruin it by going back and stalling on old content. go forward until you believe you're content with your direction, then you can go back. Are you going to stop writing your thoughts just because you had an improper punctuation or a bad misspelling? Lose your momentum, interest, or desire in the process--no, it's better to get what you want out, so that you can see everything you've gotten done, then go back and edit where need-be.

I'm not sure what some fans seem to think, but most game development is not concentrative on getting every last element of the first "thing" done before moving on to the next. Polishing is reserved as an after-phase, not during.