Rate the Unit, Day 22: Tethys

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Gerik: 8.29

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

thank you all for keeping gerik's thread very civilized

you did me proud

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gives Seth more turns to rape shit up, and allows more rescue drop shenanigans.

Never faces WTD.

8.375/10

Edited by Elieson

She is the reason why all of the crazy and WTF characters in this game (I am looking at you High-MOV people in particular) can easily stomp shit due to her refresh ability.

She also gets a fast support from Gerik; and he benefits from it by getting full CRIT! While she, gets some nice bits of DEF and AVOID, nice!

Verdict?

Easily a 8.5

Edited by Frostbite

7/10 while she can dance any unit, she also can't keep up with any high move units, I tend to find she just falls behind to much to be consistently useful. then again I look down on ALL "Move again units" on the other other hand, I can't deny the utility.

The only individual characters who can save as much turns (or more) than Tethys is Seth. No, being a Warp user is not actually riding on your own merits unless you're Saleh and thus THE Warp user. Therefore, Tethys deserves at least a 9/10.

10/10.

Tethys shaves turns and can get with Gerik. Makes Seth go twice, etc.

And when Seth is too far ahead she can still refresh slower-moving people with good combat. Like Gerik. This is useful for the abundance of routs on Eir route, especially. 9/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Single-unit dancers are a waste of time if you're not doing something stupid and overly fancy.

...is what I like to say, because I am biased like hell against Dancers. However, a Dancer can never be below-average because she's at least as good as your best unit, and if your best unit is below-average, you're terrible at the game and a Dancer can't save you. Thus she has to be no lower than 5, so that will be my baseline.

Tethys has really good supports boosting any unit near her, and most match movement and one is Gerik, so that's +1. She has poor mobility and may have trouble keeping up with Seth et al if she rocket boosts him into the Danger Zone, so that's -1. Her durability is utter ass, but she's at least almost fast enough to avoid doubling sometimes so that's -1. She can make Seth go twice, which is the only way any unit who isn't Franz can contribute anything comparable to a single Seth turn, so that's +2.5. Also I'm biased against Dancers and she clearly didn't beat her little brother upside the head enough when he was little and that's probably why he sucks so much, so -1 bias point.

Sssssssoooooo in summary... 5.5/10?

Shaves off turns from most chapters very easily. Because she is a dancer she doesn't even require any EXP to perform as well as she ever will which means you can field her whenever you want really. Low durability(though it's a rare issue because she's around to shorten chapters) and a bit limited by 5 movement.

8/10

Gives Seth more turns to rape shit up, and allows more rescue drop shenanigans.

Never faces WTD.

8.365/10

elie

8.375 is 8 and 3/8

just so you know

in case you want to change your vote

@renall: to refute your argument about Tethys' speed, she's fast enough at base to avoid being doubled by everything except one unit (and she's one point from that) in C14Eir. Even only a handful of the promoted units in C17 double a base Tethys. Tethys also has a titblasting 70% SPD growth. When's she "least almost fast enough to avoid doubling sometimes"? She's almost never doubled.

@renall: to refute your argument about Tethys' speed, she's fast enough at base to avoid being doubled by everything except one unit (and she's one point from that) in C14Eir. Even only a handful of the promoted units in C17 double a base Tethys. Tethys also has a titblasting 70% SPD growth. When's she "least almost fast enough to avoid doubling sometimes"? She's almost never doubled.

Talking about a Dancer's growths is absurd. She also has 18 HP and a jawdropping DEF lead (of 2-3 points) on base Amelia and Marisa, two units not exactly praised for their survivability. One can quibble over the specifics of the justification for the claim of assy durability and what constitutes "sometimes" getting doubled or avoiding it, but the foundation is solid and the fact is not in dispute.

She does get Defense from all of her supports (except Rennac but who cares about him), but it's not going to be enough to tank hits. And she's probably not going to have anyone but Gerik, not that this is a bad setup for either of them.

Edited by Renall

Talking about a Dancer's growths is absurd. She also has 18 HP and a jawdropping DEF lead (of 2-3 points) on base Amelia and Marisa, two units not exactly praised for their survivability. One can quibble over the specifics of the justification for the claim of assy durability and what constitutes "sometimes" getting doubled or avoiding it, but the foundation is solid and the fact is not in dispute.

She does get Defense from all of her supports (except Rennac but who cares about him), but it's not going to be enough to tank hits. And she's probably not going to have anyone but Gerik, not that this is a bad setup for either of them.

Defense this, Defense that, I don't recall ever mentioning Defense. I only talked about her Speed, which is frankly fair.

You talked about her getting doubled like it was a problem, when I showed that the subset of enemies is remarkably small. Even if we carry it to other chapters, a few Myrms and Rangers can reach 16 SPD in c15; only the Swordmaster has the requisite 16 SPD in c16, so on and so on. And while she levels slowly (dancer), she does level and her Speed does grow at a good rate to continue not being doubled, considering that everything I mentioned (except c17 valks) is borderline (literally one point from not) on doubling her at base.

EDIT: I'm literally only here to nitpick that point - I cannot refute things like "she's 1hkod at base by some enemies starting in c11eir".

Edited by Integrity

Have you played FE4? Let's just say that Tethys inherited the "Holy Blood" of the family.

Edited by Refa