Rate the Unit, Day 23: Marisa

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

silver ein to differentiate you from other ein

if you're going to keep posting in these threads, quit being a dick to everybody

please

Edited by Integrity

Gerik and Marisa

Gerik remained a mercenary, and Marisa

became his company's fencing instructor.

Gerik returned the affection she gave

him, although he was troubled to learn she

was clumsy at everything but fighting.

She's clumsy at fighting too sad.gif

+1 because she's still cute and being bad at everything is moe 4/10

Edited by tiff

urgh, I'd hate to give her a bad score, I like her a lot. But I have to admit, she isn't really any good.

anything she can do, Joshua does better. swordlock means no good 1-2 range options. annoying to recruit on both routes.

3/10

Joshua-lite, but in female version; she can crit alright but she comes in underleveled and gets easily offed a.k.a KO'ed which is sadfais; add to the fact that she is annoying to recruit too!

Her support pool is even good, a fast one with Gerik and Tethys.... Shame about that... :(

I'll be generous to give her...

Oh come on joins with the same base level as Joshua about 5 chapters later with worse bases and rank are you fucking serious IS

And hell the other myrm like this (Fir) at least had AXEFEST to train herself, Marisa doesn't even have that

Swordlock in FE8 goddamn

crap move

etc

1.5/10 because while she has shitty durability and shit she at least doesn't die in 1 hit to most thing unlike SOME OTHER PERSON (hence the .5 over)

Also Shamshir is nice for Eirika or something

Edited by Luminescent Blade

It takes forever and you have to bait her with someone who doesn't have any weapons equipped, otherwise they'd kill her.

It's easier, but it's not easy.

I never found her recruitment either route to be much of an issue, really. Just check ranges meticulously and it's not like Gerik's gonna die if you're smart about it @ Eir route. Eph is obviously the easier recruitment, but a even dickishier time of training due to harder maps overall.

Training her is such a pain in general though

I've done it once on a run for Eirika+Jehanna characters and the effort I expended on her just got me an inferior Joshua.

Not cool.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

No, you just recruit Ewan, kill the Cyclops, and then Marisa decides to join you in a post-battle conversation. It is as easy as it gets as long as you have the manpower to kill the Cyclops in one turn (not one round).

Oh boy... Marisa. I'm not a huge fan of Myrmidons to begin with, and she's... well she's just not as good as Joshua, and in this game you get so many characters with partial or full WTC that swordlock is not pleasant even if it is not unsurvivable.

Before promotion, Eirika is just flat better than her, and almost certainly outlevels her (and after promotion, Eirika has a horse, what up now?). Joshua has better HP, STR, and DEF, and they basically tie SPD as Swordmasters, so what's the point? She has better potential than Colm or Joshua as an Assassin, but solely because she's better with Silencer. In terms of actual fighting, Joshua still wins, and Colm is not nearly bad enough as a Rogue to recommend Marisa over him. At least then he could do something thiefy (however generally unnecessary that may be).

She also comes late even in the best of cases and is underleveled. Support-wise she's good on paper, as she wants Attack but doesn't give it and many of her options do, but realistically her most probable support is Gerik, who is defensive, and he most likely doesn't want her because he could have Tethys or - here he is again - Joshua. They all happen to support each other, but Marisa is the fifth wheel in this case and is probably the one getting left out in the cold even if all of them are being used at once.

Still, she is capable of killing stuff and is fast, and being the best Assassin choice is at least something for flavor I guess. If you're one of those weirdos who insists on having one of every promoted class you could make Josh the Swordmaster, Marisa the Assassin, and Colm the Rogue or something. But satisfying compulsive disorders being one of her better features doesn't speak well for her other traits.

So about a 3.5/10. Not useless as a combat unit, but decidedly below-average.

Tethys: 8.30

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Gerik: 8.29

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

Order should be (top to bottom) Ephraim, Vanessa, Gerik, Tethys, Franz, Seth. Funny that Tethys beat Gerik by .01, at least that will calm the rage about Gerik being overrated, as the top three remains Seth, Little Seth, and Dancer.

1/10. I never saw the point.

Eirika is a Lord Myrmidon, Joshua is an earlier gained Myrmidon. she will always be locked to swords. and will be worse than other sword locked units.

She has the tower. But even then why waste the time when Joshua is easier to train and Eirika promotes as part of the plot?

Edited by Onmi

3/10. She's not good, but I think she deserves a higher rating than Gilliam. And.... I wonder if she can even fry an egg. (Probably not. Also, most of the reasoning I would've used was pracctically used up.)

Marisa is basically a trainee but with fourteen fewer levels to stop sucking so much. AKA she doesn't even get good if you use the tower, and she doesn't even have the chance if you don't.

1/10.

These words. exactly.

Marisa's a level 5 myrmidon who comes in at a time when you don't need a level 5 myrmidon. She's locked to swords, frail, and her strength and strength growth are low (as all GBA myrmidons). There's really no point in training her. She doesn't have a unique ability that only she can do, she can't get people to places faster, and ... well, what does she do again? At least she doesn't come in as late as Nino. -_-

2/10, because if you had her in a draft or something then perhaps she could contribute. But she's usually better off not hampering your party.

Order should be (top to bottom) Ephraim, Vanessa, Gerik, Tethys, Franz, Seth. Funny that Tethys beat Gerik by .01, at least that will calm the rage about Gerik being overrated, as the top three remains Seth, Little Seth, and Dancer.

hahaha

It was early, I was grumpy, and I slotted her in at 8.03 instead of 8.30. Cheers on the spot.