[FE4] Rate the Unit XVI

Caliban of Sycorax

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 16: HOLYN

____

Oh, hey Holyn. How ya doin'?

Holyn's one of the best foot units. He comes not too far from promotion, and has incredibly high HP and Skill growths. His Strength isn't horrible, either, and he has Pursuit. Expect a lot of ORKOing later. Oh, and he has Moonlight Sword, which negates defenses.

He's a good parent for Swordtwincest, Leen, and Patty, but no one else would inherit any Skills from him, just a crapton of HP and Minor Odo (which would only be useful for Fee and promoted Arthur/Tinny, in all honesty, but Levin, Noish, and Claude say hi).

Lack of a horse hurts, and his defenses aren't the best. He can take a Magic Sword and tank the Cross Knights on a Forest tile really well, however. Especially if he promoted beforehand, which isn't hard to do.

7.5/10

Similar unit to Ayra really except less overkill offense and better durability and does the same job basically. Doesn't rape the arena as well as she does, but does it well enough so still no issue getting his own damn exp on ranked and stuff. Pretty hawt too. Good husband for Ayra, Briggid, and Sylvia if you wanna pair her.

So basically Ayra but a dude and isn't my goddess but is my preferred dad for my other goddess anyway since I'd rather Lex on someone who does have issue getting exp and Balmung Glitch is hilarious later haha but I'm not counting that

Anyway what did I give my goddess again? Orite

-3 for shit move wait fuck that puts him at equal to Fin before I gave Fin the entire point of favouritism because I fucking love Fin

well I either rated the dude too low or something so I'll just dock another .5 then

I guess I can't take off the 1 more for durability since his durability actually isn't ass

+.5 for being a character I like that isn't Ayra, Fin, or Sigurd. Only those three get full points.

so uh 7/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I couldn't remember what I gave Ayra, so I had to look it up. They get the same score because they're functionally identical, except Ayra comes a little earlier, and Holyn's higher base level means he doesn't need to be feed/steal as many kills as she does to cap out. He's also a bit more buff on defense and usually strength in exchange for a little less speed, IIRC. He'll still have enough, though.

Holyn is as good as a 6 move combat only unit can be in this game, which unfortunately isn't very. Better than Ayra thanks to some useful bulk, I'd put him on a par with the weakest mounted units. If there's anyone on two legs I want Sylvia to send forward to the main party, it is Holyn.

In Gen 1, if you're lagging behind the mount troop, it doesn't matter how good your combat is; Sigurd will do your killing for you. I know you can slow down for foot units, but you don't need to, and can't always, so they just have much less opportunities to be useful.

Awesome combat when he does get to fight stuff though. 4/10

5.5/10, which is one point below Ayra's unbiased rank from me. Holyn doesn't get bias points.

So, Luna isn't really that awesome compared to overkill Astra. Holyn also promotes to a worse class than Ayra, and joins right after axeland. I'd say he's worse than Ayra in almost every way and still. He has a slight durability lead (9 HP and 4 DEF at level 30), yay?

Well, like Ayra he faces the problem that he is too slow to get a piece of the action. How much However he suffers less from Ayra's lack of canto because his durability actually surpasses the qualities of sandpaper, so that it doesn't matter all that much where he stands at the beginning of the enemies turn. This is thanks to his high bases and with his high Hp growth it just becomes better from there.

Holyn has less of an edge in the arena though. She and her Astra clearly win here. His promotion also kind of sucks in comparison, since the class is simply inferior to the Swordmaster stat-wise, having lower speed in exchange for...well nothing.

However if he is a father, his kids will love him for their Odo blood and more importantly for their unequaled HP which I think is really neat since you can never die hard enough and HP doesn't hit it's caps all to easy anyway.

5/10

What'd I give Ayra? 7.5/10? Alright then, guess I'll go with 7/10 on Holyn. Good bases, easy to deal with, not quite as Arena-capable, worse promotion, and still no horse. But like Ayra he's very solid in combat when he actually gets to do it and is quite survivable. Also he's probably my favorite Patty Daddy other than Levin.

Not being on a horse doesn't bother me. Like most people said he's another sword user and is imo a little under Aira. He also loses points points for only being able to pass his skills on to certain people. However, this is rank him and not his children. Honestly I find him useful.

7/10