Rate the Unit, Day 25: Dozla

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

L'Arachel: 4.31

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

l'arachel scored higher than i thought she would

cool

he's strong, I guess. but I can't find any reason to use him. if I want a berserker that badly, I'd use Ross. and Ross would've passed Dozla in stats by the time Dozla gets into play on either route.

he can fight, just not very good.

4/10

He's kinda like a seesaw, a bad seesaw that is. His physical durability is okay but his RES is "eh", he also faces chances of getting critted and all he has is high HP/STR with meh SKL and SPD.

Things get worse cause he also starts with an inaccurate weapon.... WTF Battle Axes really?

He gets a....

Edited by Frostbite

Decent enough Beserker, worth using if you don't plan on using Garcia or Duessel with S-axe rank. He suffers from the same speed issues as Garcia, but 9 base is high enough to not worry about him getting doubled by the majority of enemies in the game he also has has 40% speed growth and Garm's Speed bonus when you get it.

6/10

2/10. He has good HP and Strength. But everywhere else... ...Ugh. I'm tired of how overdone the "good HP and Str, not so good everything else" axeman crap is. I will, admit, however, his personality's pretty great.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Garm was built for him, but he isn't spectacular by any means. Still, he has the Con to wield his Ballet Axe quite well. I just give it to Hero!Gerik (though he doesn't have the Con for axes)

9 spd is a safe number, and although he is a prepromo, he should gain a bit and Garm's innate +spd helps him thrive.

I give him a GWAHAHA/10 (which translates to a 3.5)

He averages out. He's a brick wall but his RES isn't great, he's strong but growth units are stronger, but he's a goddamn Berserker so as long as his SPD is shored up somehow (lucky/RNG'd growths, Speedwings, or Garm) he's pretty radical. Unfortunately that SPD means I can't give him an average score... unlesssssssss I give him a bias point for being completely awesome and having amazing support conversations, a great sprite, and a manly beard, which I shall henceforth do.

5/10, with bias point included. In a game where so many awesome units exist, his averageness just can't really be overcome. Still, he is awesome and hilarious to pair with Hero Garcia and/or L'Arachel if you're into that. Anything that gives him Attack and Crit, basically. It gets brutal. Plus I mean, who else is Garcia gonna take? Ross? Gilliam? Neimi? He's sure as hell not getting Seth. Might as well go full-on Beard Buddies and Axe it up.

Dozla is powerful, tanky, and gets a crit boost. From joining in Ephraim route, he has a 50% crit chance on most enemies with a Killer Axe. Garm fixes his speed issues if you get him to reach it. He has manly con, which is a mixed blessing.

6+1 for bias = 7/10

Edited by Serious Sam

Dozla is pretty cool. He has speed issues (like it seems to be the norm for axe users for whatever reason), but he can actually become pretty tanky if he's used seriously, and due to an okay-ish Spd growth, his Spd can actually somewhat catch up if he gets a speedwing or something. And even if he doesn't get a speedwing - Eirika's route primarily consists of monsters with terribad AS, allowing Dozla to have manly combat regardless of his bad Spd. And even when he doesn't double, a killer axe gives him pretty nice Crt, allowing him to OHKO roughly half the enemies he fights. That's not particularly good, but not terrible either.

5 points, +1 bias point for being a tanky berserker as well as a cool dude, so he gets a 6/10 from me.

As far as a unit goes, 3/10. Crit bonus is nice, and he can kill stuff, sure, but he can't hit the broadside of a barn and is going to leave a lot of enemies alive. On top of that, he can't double or take too many hits. He has pretty bad growths, and pretty bad base stats. But he has a nice beard and a great laugh.

3+.5 bias point for a 3.5/10

I swear I'm the only person that can't stand the Rausten gang. . .

While the crit bonus is nice, not being ferryable isn't. His Speed bites, and 14 AS isn't very impressive by the time it matters. If I want this class, I'll use Ross instead (because the competition for his promotion item is COLM). The only massive advantage Dozla has over a 10/10/1 Ross is 7 HP; the rest are either relatively small differences (2 SKL, 1 DEF), or Ross wins. Bias point being called again (-1 for not liking him).

2/10

I swear I'm the only person that can't stand the Rausten gang. . .

I find L'Arachel strangely endearing, for reasons I went into detail in her own rating thread. I can go either way with Dozla and Rennac's personalities.

While I would love to rate Dozla like the rest of you ... I never use him, so I can't. O_o

6/10, counting a full bias point. He's strong, he's tankine, he's manly, and really he doesn't need to be much else. Crit bonus is nice.

You just wish they could've seen fit to giving him just a smidgeon more speed...?