Rate the Unit, Day 26: Saleh

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Dozla: 4.28

L'Arachel: 4.31

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

funny story

the difference between me voting 4 and me voting 3 is the difference of dozla > l'arachel and dozla < l'arachel

have at, saleh time

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Saleh time!

He is simply FE8's version of Pent; with okay bases and having good weapon ranks although minus one at a staff rank which is C; but having rank at Light magic.

I'd give him...

Incredibly useful in Sethskip with his warping and competent combat and half decent DEF. Not enough avoid for my tastes though.

9/10.

Blows everything up with Thunder and doesn't give a fuck. Also joins on the chapter where you get BARRIER when he has C staves

FUCK YEAH SPAM THE HELL TO WARP

I mean that mag

it's like Pent all over again except a little bit of work to get to A but who cares man BARRIER

8.5/10

Saleh is absolutely amazing. Starts off with pretty OKish durability, but his offense turns him into a wrecking ball, and he has pretty good access to staves. Needs a little bit of work to A staves, but nyeh.

8/10 because I don't believe he should be better than Vanessa, Gerik is debatable.

7.5/10. Like Pent, only he needs some work to get to A staves (but whatever).

Probably the most durable mage along with Moulder.

Well, Moulder's luck is much too low for my tastes, but that's just me (I SO hate eating crits). At least Saleh has enough luck that it usually won't be much of a concern, which means I'd give him the edge.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Well, Moulder's luck is much too low for my tastes, but that's just me (I SO hate eating crits). At least Saleh has enough luck that it usually won't be much of a concern, which means I'd give him the edge.

Iron Rune shouts at Moulder.

And Saleh Warps like a boss.

Iron Rune shouts at Moulder.

Personally, I'd think there are better candidates for the Iron Rune...

Saleh is absolutely amazing. Starts off with pretty OKish durability, but his offense turns him into a wrecking ball, and he has pretty good access to staves. Needs a little bit of work to A staves, but nyeh.

8/10 because I don't believe he should be better than Vanessa, Gerik is debatable.

Saleh saves more turns than the both of them put together.

great healer if you didn't feel like training one before. combat isn't all too great in compare with other units, but in compare with the enemies he's still great.

a great healer who can protect himself very well.

7.5/10

Iron Rune comes in Chapter 15.

Moulder has already been critblicked more times than I can count.

Anyways, isn't there some Goddess Icon earlier on that you can give him?

Edited by Refa

I dare you to name some because they don't exist

And here I thought we just got through rating one of them...

I like Saleh, as a character and as a unit. I've liked him more since he somewhat salvaged my turncount in my first draft. (Mind you, it was still horrible, but without him and his warping, it would've been far worse.)

Saleh comes as a low-leveled sage, kind of like Pent. He has good enough bases so that low growths don't hurt him so much. Those bases are at least doable for FE8. He comes in at C staves, so it's going to take a little work to get him to use Warp. But once he does ... man, oh, man that thing will save you so many turns! His combat is okay, too, although I was disappointed to find out that he was a little less durable than I imagined him to be. Don't do what I did and throw him into a horde of enemies and expect him to be unscathed. As long as you don't do that, he provides decent combat.

7.5/10, because I think he should be higher than 7 but not quite an 8. Decent combat, less effort to get him to warping staff level, and you don't even have to give him a Guiding Ring.

Saleh's job is to destroy stuff, and he does that very well. He's the best candidate for Excalibur (because it weighs Lute down like crazy, lolEwan, and good luck getting your staffbots there). His Physic/Warp/Fortify range is amazing. And if that wasn't enough, his affinity's made for blowing stuff up further, and you're free to do whatever you want with his supports.

9/10