Rate the Unit, Day 28: Cormag

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Ewan: 1.74

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Dozla: 4.28

L'Arachel: 4.31

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Saleh: 8.04

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

fun fact, ewan got more votes overall than any other unit bar seth

Wow looking at that starting strength, lets see he starts off a bit underleveled, but can still fight well, if you dont feel like catching him up 6-8 levels you dont have to, hes that good

Later, his strength will definatley cap, great defense as well, high HP and movement, with solid skill and speed (his speed will be good enough to double almost anyone, great candidate for Vidofnir I might add) His only weakness you ask? Bows, thats about it.

Seriously one of the best units in the game, great starting stats great growths, but loses one point to being slightly underleveled.

9/10

Cormag is a Wyvern Rider who joins halfway through the game and is better than Vanessa and Syrene put together. His only issues are crap RES, a somewhat slow start (can't doubl off the bat, crappy hit), and coming a bit late.8/10

Edited by Refa

all thats been said, plus a quick Tana support gives you a reason to run 2 fliers.

9.1/10. Why the .1? That manly scar across his face, that's why

Pretty fucking good at fighting

Not a dick to recruit on Eph

Tanky too

only downside is res but who the fuck cares that's Seth's job (trained Nessa qualifies too)

Even has the courtesy to come with his own goddamn promoitem

Wish he existed for longer

8.1/10 +.1 for reason Elieson stated while I was typing aka MANLY SCAR

This doesn't factor into his rating but even on his worse route, he can at least instapromote right there for gloriousness.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Never recruited in eirika/10. Ok, in the case that i do recruit him...he always has trouble catching up to the team and even when he does, i dont find him that useful. 5/10 and -1 for bias and u get 4/10. He flies i guess but vanessa and tana already do and dont cost a billion turns to recruit or force u to go that jerk's route...

Never recruited in eirika/10. Ok, in the case that i do recruit him...he always has trouble catching up to the team and even when he does, i dont find him that useful. 5/10 and -1 for bias and u get 4/10. He flies i guess but vanessa and tana already do and dont cost a billion turns to recruit or force u to go that jerk's route...

PKL, you know this isn't going to go over. Try again.

I have nothing else to state; as they are already mentioned by the users.

A really good flier that you'll definitely need! You'll want Seth with Audhulma or Vanessa around though if you want to smack Mages or those Mogalls/Gorgons to death!

Also gotta love that starting killer lance too!

8.6, cause that 0.1 is due to DAT SCAR! That makes us four now~!

Edited by Frostbite

Not a dick to recruit on Eph

I'd actually contest that somewhat. Doesn't Cormag start moving on turn 4 or something? And while Tana CAN recruit him, she's fragile, which leaves... Duessel... who you might not get to before Cormag starts attacking your units short of ferrying Ephraim to him.

That aside, I'll say 8/10.

I'd actually contest that somewhat. Doesn't Cormag start moving on turn 4 or something? And while Tana CAN recruit him, she's fragile, which leaves... Duessel... who you might not get to before Cormag starts attacking your units short of ferrying Ephraim to him.

You forget how my playstyle is right

Everyone else break a path through the starting point enemies

Seth grab Eph and charge towards Duessel

How hard can that be I mean things SUICIDE onto Seth and Seth doesn't even CARE that he has 1/2 of his actual speed

Takes no effort and a lot of suicidal enemies and because it's Seth things DIE and I LAUGH AT THEM

And seriously just check ranges or something enemy range check does actually exist

Edited by Luminescent Blade

@ Integ- but thats what i sincerely think. He is a pain to recruit in both routes. Costs turns and has meh availavility in eirika and i dont do ephraim route often. The reward is a unit with decent combat and flight but vanessa and tana already fly and the combat can be handled by seth and/or franz. Meh. I give him a 6/10.

You forget how my playstyle is right

Everyone else break a path through the starting point enemies

Seth grab Eph and charge towards Duessel

How hard can that be I mean things SUICIDE onto Seth and Seth doesn't even CARE that he has 1/2 of his actual speed

Takes no effort and a lot of suicidal enemies and because it's Seth things DIE and I LAUGH AT THEM

And seriously just check ranges or something enemy range check does actually exist

I'm actually laughing at the part where enemies SUICIDE into Seth and that because it's Seth, things DIE because it's true.

@ Integ- but thats what i sincerely think. He is a pain to recruit in both routes. Costs turns and has meh availavility in eirika and i dont do ephraim route often. The reward is a unit with decent combat and flight but vanessa and tana already fly and the combat can be handled by seth and/or franz. Meh. I give him a 6/10.

Yes but you keep mentioning Eirika route and frankly I have the right to throw out your vote (clearly outlined) if you do that much if I feel spiteful.

You're also talking about a "unit with decent combat and flight" whose only problem is that his role is filled by other units, which ALSO falls squarely under Rule 7. It's like you're trying to break all the rules.

You get one more chance. If you blow that (or if I'm not 100% satisfied anyway) I'm not letting you revise your Cormag vote and it's going to be tossed.

has no permanent 1-2 range, still javelins are a nice option. stats are quite good, wyvern knights are awesome with pierce. weakness for arrows are kind of bad, and I don't give high move any plus points. Not a big fan of FE mounts, but the wyverns finally being wyverns is great!

7/10

That aside, I'll say 8/10.

Tana can recruit him without too many issues, right after she's recruited him you can have Cormag rescue her and move to a safe distance and you can have almost any unit(due to her low con) drop her off if necessary.

But yeah Cormags a great flier, solid stats, only thing is his starting speed but with 0.45 he grows out of that pretty quickly and in Ephriams mode he's dealing with monsters the chapter after recruitment so it becomes even less of an issue.

9.1/10 (.1 for the scar as well)

9/10. Not just from personal experience (though the latest playthrough had him capping strength at 16 so that helps) but because he's a flying wall who will crush everything and tank everything that ISN'T a mage, unless he lucks out. Perfect candidate for the Fili Shield, best flyer you will recruit, has a support with the second best flyer and Seth. Not to mention he can actually keep up with the Paladin, flies, has a Con of 11 so he can use most lances with no AS loss. Has decent speed so the AS loss he does take is negligible. Easily fits into your team, doesn't need to be babied. and I've never struggled to recruit him so I don't see where this supposed difficulty comes from. He's a unit you will definitely rely on, comes mid-game, stays strong. Loses a point for Archery Weakness until the Fili Shield and Poor Res. If he hasn't killed all the mages/archers anyway

Edited by Onmi

He's a flying tank with excellent combat parameters. While you'd generally be inclined to use Vanessa as a taxi, Cormag's role is clearly to fight anywhere he wants to go. And he does that pretty well, honestly. So for the time when he exists, he can easily kick ass, take names, and level up. His promotion options are not exciting, but they get the job done either way you want to take him.

8/10 for his RES problem and lower availability than a lot of godly units in the game. He fights about as well as Seth eventually, but he doesn't do it for as long as Seth does. But once you do get him, he easily contests for a permanent spot on the roster as one thing Seth cannot do is freakin' fly. Oh also he has pretty godly caps for Creature Campaign if you're into that. 27 STR/28 DEF or 25 STR/28 SPD. Just watch him around magic.

Cormag is easily one of the best and coolest characters in this game. Awesome strength which he always cap. Awesome defence. Awesome support with Tana which adds another reason to use Tana over Vanessa if you are using 2 fliers.9.5/10