[FE4] Rate the Unit XX

Caliban of Sycorax

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 20: BEOWULF

____

He's a pain to recruit because you sacrifice hard-earned gold. He's on a horse, but he's not the best horse rider in my book. He has Pursuit which is a plus, and he's the best father for Delmud. but i prefer fin

It's also much easier to bypass him and kill him rather than recruit him, although he does give a much needed stat boost to good old Lachesis.

He's just not the best when he's surrounded with horses like Sigurd, Lex, Cuan, and Ethlin. Also, you recruit Fury really shortly after.

6/10

Hey at least he keeps the gold for his own use instead of just making it disappear like the other pay-to-use characters.

Decent unit, swords on a horse, cool skillset for a dad. Passing down A swords is pretty nice anyway and Delmud likes that.

Not sure how much that is worth in my book really probably like a 7.5 or so

but as I realised I underrated fin numerical-wise sorry guys you're all going to be shifted down from this point on if I don't think you're better than Fin for the sake of consistency :B

6.3/10. 6.8-.5 because his face irritates me.

he kinda irks me for some reason.... he's not a bad unit, but he has the tendency to suicide on Sigurd, which makes him a pain to recruit. He's kind of like Noish with pursuit, and slightly better stats

but I don't like him, so 6-1 = 5/10

He's okay, if expensive, but 10k isn't really that big a deal for Sigurd. Uses good weapons, has good stats and skills, but is mostly just "there" in your mounted force, doing his thing and not being too exciting about it. This is a role Delmud fills better since he's also a Charisma-Bot, but Beowulf is perfectly capable of handling whatever he needs to and so I can't rate him poorly.

I'd say 7/10. The horse means a lot for a merely average combatant, and he's got a lot better offense and skills than Alec/Noish, so he does sort of outshine at least them. Plus when Fin and Cuan leave, you gotta have somebody out there with Sigurd. Okay, well you don't, but it's nice to have.

In my personal experience I've never had a good Beowulf. I've tried several times but he's just sub par for me. I'm not sure why, maybe bad rng? Personally I don't like him. Moreover, I don't like him getting in the way of the FinXLachesis pairing. Prick! I was happy they didn't add him in the O-sawa Mitsuki FE4 manga.

4/10

Really only good for pairing with Lachesis, his combat's better than Alec's and he's more reliable than Noish. Now if only he didn't want to kill himself on Sigurd.

4.5/10

His growths are kind of bad but his promotion bonuses are hax enough to the point where you can call him RNG proof. The 10k to recruit him doesn't vanish, it just transfers to him, no big deal. His main problem is just that his Atk is a little on the low side and it takes a while for him to promote.

7/10

fuck beowulf -5/10

wait no he made fergus 8/10

I dunno, Beowulf just isn't particularly good. He's a competent enough horsie who shows up in the middle of fluxing nowhere and is okay, I guess. I'm going to be generous and not horrendously penalize his recruitment so

6.5/10

Beowulf is fine enough, and he's mounted. He's a good father for passing down swords, killer strength, and pursuit. His promoted class is not a good one, but his skillset is definately cool. Better than Noish and Alec though.

7/10

Forrest Knight isn't a bad class at all. A rank swords, innate continue and better skill/speed caps than Paladins. They do have one strength less and not as much magic/res, but who wants lances anyway?

I find he's better than Alec and Noish, no lances but he's got both high strength and pursuit. The 10,000 he gets from whomever helps him get some of the swords from the Pawn shop. A-rank swords on promotion is also good for passing down swords like the blades or the other Silver Sword to Lachesis or Ayra's sons.

7/10

His bases are actually very similar to Sigurd's from 2.5 chapters ago. That's really not so bad, and I think he's ultimately better than most of his competition. Easily superior to every nonmounted combat unit almost by default, the money Sigurd gives him for recruitment completely doesn't matter. He'll put it to better use than crap like Lachesis anyway.

7/10. Solid combat on a horse. Lex doesn't use his money for anything anyways, so the only trick in his recruitment is keeping him alive, which isn't that difficult. (Amazingly enough, the last playthrough I went through, he actually managed to kill Sigurd, until I walled Sigurd off by Lex and Cuan so that none of the merc squad would attack because of impenetrable defense AI shenanigans sending them south instead.)