[FE4] Rate the Unit XXI

Caliban of Sycorax

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 21: FURY

___

Fury is my goddess. Fury is the First Generation's only flying unit, and goddamn it is she awesome. She starts underleveled but can use the Hero Lance and Hero Sword immediately, and she will probably get one of those by the next chapter. She's also an easy candidate for the Elite Ring so she can catch up with everyone else.

Fury also has Pursuit and gets Continue when she promotes for more attacking fun. She also can use Live, Relive, and Return for back-up staff usage.

But one of Fury's main redeeming qualities is her offspring. She mothers Fee, the ridiculous Pegasus Knight, and Sety, aka Mr. Broken Sage Sir.

She's a little weak but once she gets going she becomes one of the best units. She is easily a great replacement for Cuan, Ethlin, or Fin, considering they leave soon.

9/10 before bias, and then because Fury is my second favorite Generation 1 character, she gets +1. So 10/10

9.8/10

Great unit who can fly. Plus both her children have automatic pursuit, and are amazing almost regardless of the father. Plus she can heal upon promotion, which is always a plus. But she is a little annoying to train when you first get her.

8/10. Benefits include: Mounted staves after promotion, assisting Briggid et. al. in Ch3, saving villages from bandits, and killing Meteor Mages in the desert. Probably also triggering Monocle to start moving.

Slim lance is pretty OP, so even if she doesn't get the Hero Lance (which she has decent claim to) her combat is rather decent. Her low move, for a mounted unit, and inability to make use of roads is a strike against her though.

Flies and can use Hero Lance, esp. after Fin leaves

Takes a bit to get started though, but once Hero Lance get, is pretty good

Also doesn't she have like B swords or something

8/10 no bias.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Fury is pretty good but she can't use roads and FE4 has like no hindering terrain other than one small desert trail, so she actually ends up lagging behind your mounts if you send her with them. Still, amazing weapon ranks and speed, with two Hero weapon options.

8/10

She can fly, and has good claim to the Hero Lance! However, her stats are pretty mediocre. Flying isn't that useful in the first generation, but Fury can be pretty useful at times.

6.5/10

Stats are OK. Growths are not so OK. She can pick up a Relive after promotion and heal like aboss, and she can make good use of the Hero Lance (even though I'd rather have it on Fin/Noish) And her speed is ridiculous. Flying isn't terribly important in FE4, it's only really helpful for Endgame, killing those meteor mages. I guess also helping Briggid and Co., but that's Tiltyus training time as well and those three do fine on their own.

Oh and her recruitment is not fun.

6.5/10

Edited by Darros

I don't give either Hero weapon to Ayra. mellow.gif

You mean Fury right

Ayra isn't even mentioned in this RtU thread anywhere before this besides like her score or something ' _ '

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Oh and her recruitment is not fun.

Return (staff or sold/bought ring, machts nicht) Levin, send Levin into mountains, FurySqd suicides on Levin, Fury parks next to Levin, Talk, ???

Anyway, she gets an 8.5/10 from me. She's a solid enough unit with some utility, and she gets my full bias.

She flies, she can (and should) jack the Hero Lance once Fin's done with it (or possibly even before, if he turns out well), heals on promotion, is a badass mom. Having said that, there's times flying is not as useful and her durability has some bumps. Her weapon ranks are perfectly fine (anything she'd want to use is B rank or lower anyway), though her Staff options are highly limited by not getting them until promotion and only being able to use Live/Relive/Return. On the other hand, she can use them, which is something most classes can't say. Did I mention she can fly? Because that's important. There's a couple instances where Fury can provide some much-desired backup to isolated folks, and if only invisible walls didn't exist she'd be even better at doing it.

She's nowhere near as awesome as her daughter, but she primes Fee well thanks to her excellent innate Pursuit. This means you can slap just about any husband onto Fury and profit. She can take otherwise questionable prospects like Noish or Claude like a champ, not even giving a damn about their lack of Pursuit and passing the benefits on. Pursuit also makes it really hard to screw up her kids; you can try, with some success, but no matter what you do they'll be able to use Pursuit. Hell, she'll take Lex, she'll take Alec, she'll take freakin' Ardan, man. She's that easy to pair. And of course if you're just trying to get things done, she can insta-lover with Levin with no particular slowdown of your run, ensuring a Holsety user.

8/10 for goodness, flying, and being a simple and easy mom with lots of great prospects. Docked for some trouble getting started and a bit of fragility, but she can work it out.

EDIT: This is unrelated to her rating but now I really want to try Jamka/Fury. 15 MAG Sety with no inheritance and 5% growth? Hell yeah. Fee would get Pursuit/Continue/Charge... eh but Noish or Lex would still be better for Combat Fee. Ah well.

Edited by Renall

Staff use on promotion is the best reason to give her both elite and the hero lance. Her problems include bad offense (fixed by either hero weapon), terrible durability and not receiving a move point on promotion, but she still makes a positive contribution before promotion and becomes one of your best units after it.

Not to hate on Lachesis in yet another thread, but Fury turns out a lot like her without the irredeemanble awfulness of her prepromoted state. I'll trade ridiculous promo gains and weapon selection for ease of use every time, and that goes double where FE4 is concerned.

You mean Fury right

Ayra isn't even mentioned in this RtU thread anywhere before this besides like her score or something ' _ '

Man, I'm stupid.

Also I dunno why I posted that, must have been on accident, because I remember stopping and thinking, "Wait, I totally give her the Hero Lance"...oh well.

Also Ayra totally gets the Hero Sword.

Edited by Refa

7/10. Sety's mom.

Pretty good unit. If you aren't planning on pairing Levin x Tiltyu, you can have Fury pair with Levin instantly with only 1 convo, meaning that you don't have to slow her down any. Flies, heals, saves villages. She's good.