Possible Sprite Theft...?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Trails in the Blaze

Trails in the Blaze

Blazer the Trails Fanboy

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Just thought I should bring this to attention since I think someone's sprite has been used and no mention of credit was there and usually people say to at least mention whoever made the sprite, so yeah...

http://forums.feshri...?showtopic=5167

Sorry in advance if I'm wasting time and the guy had permission to use the Link sprite in this topic, more specifically this image:

Posted Image

but it reminds of The Blind Archer's work and... meh, I just thought I should be safe and not ignore it...

#2 Celice

Celice

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

If you thought it was his, you could've just pm'd him first and asked, and then if nothing came about, made a thread.

#3 The Blind Archer

The Blind Archer

Rocket Peace

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

Yeah, that's mine.

And considering that I don't recognize the guy or give out my sprites willy-nilly, I'm damn certain I never let gave him permission to use it.

Please to be having him remove it.

I also think a PM would've been best since it was just my stuff, but whatev.

Edited by The Blind Archer, 29 February 2012 - 09:54 PM.

#4 blackophantom of the decks

blackophantom of the decks

every morning, she'll knock me off my feet about it

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

i could swear Posted Image is someone else's sprite from FE as well. i want to say kopfjager (you guys know him as Wen,) but i'm not entirely sure. it's just that most of the sprites i see are from him because he's always linking them for us to critique on in ip chat

#5 Freohr Datia

Freohr Datia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

Well whoever it belongs to really needs to work on those colors.

#6 Trails in the Blaze

Trails in the Blaze

Blazer the Trails Fanboy

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

It looked a little familiar but meh, I can't really tell anything about recolors...

@Celice & TBA, I didn't know if it was his for sure since I'm not too familiar with sprites and I don't have time to go chasing people around so I took the second step first, it's enough of a waste of a time for me to look into this just so I can have the guy remove it or whatever, going through the best process to finding a solution would be like torture. Maybe if I had 6 more hours in a day... >___>

@TBA I'll have him remove that ASAP... actually if he stole the Harken sprite too I may just ban him completely, people tend to recommit crimes quite easily and multiple instances of sprite theft is... probably ban worthy, unless he begs and apologizes because he didn't know and then removes everything. >_____>

note: I'm really tired right now so take everything I say with a grain of salt... or something... <_______<

#7 I have opinions

I have opinions

Wyverns are so cool!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Gaiden

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

@TBA I'll have him remove that ASAP... actually if he stole the Harken sprite too I may just ban him completely, people tend to recommit crimes quite easily and multiple instances of sprite theft is... probably ban worthy, unless he begs and apologizes because he didn't know and then removes everything. >_____>

Oh, let me tell you, there is no "if" about it. That is, definitely, Yeti's Drifter animation.

He's never given anyone permission to use any of his animations outside of FEXP, so, it's rather safe to say that it's stolen :E

#8 blackophantom of the decks

blackophantom of the decks

every morning, she'll knock me off my feet about it

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

kid probably took the sprite and recolored it horribly; the character + hair just looks like something i think wen linked me awhile back

nvm it's not wen's cause i just checked his topic. but i swear i've seen it somewhere else on SF as someone's original work

Edited by black.witty.kitty.ops, 29 February 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#9 Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson

Loki no

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

That's just a Karel recolour ' __ ' no splicing's been done to it as far as I can tell.
It's just a really bad Karel recolour.

#10 Celice

Celice

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

It looked a little familiar but meh, I can't really tell anything about recolors...

@Celice & TBA, I didn't know if it was his for sure since I'm not too familiar with sprites and I don't have time to go chasing people around so I took the second step first, it's enough of a waste of a time for me to look into this just so I can have the guy remove it or whatever, going through the best process to finding a solution would be like torture. Maybe if I had 6 more hours in a day... >___>

note: I'm really tired right now so take everything I say with a grain of salt... or something... <_______<

How do you even know it's in the game, though? Given the blatant fake in the first post, I wouldn't be surprised if he just put up further edited shots, and just backed off the blatancy of the edits so they seemed more authentic. What I mean is does he actually have the capability of ripping that animation from FEXP and getting it imported into the hack--has he actually stolen something and put it into his project, or is it just a mock-screen that will go nowhere.

Edited by Celice, 29 February 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#11 Skitty of Time

Skitty of Time

pamplemousse

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

I don't really think it matters Celice

#12 Onmi

Onmi

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sword of Seals

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:41 PM

"I can't get the animation to work" reads to me as "I don't have anything but a mock-shot"

Still the intent of theft is there, I say fry him.

#13 Klok

Klok

Back to being Klok I guess.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

How do you even know it's in the game, though? Given the blatant fake in the first post, I wouldn't be surprised if he just put up further edited shots, and just backed off the blatancy of the edits so they seemed more authentic. What I mean is does he actually have the capability of ripping that animation from FEXP and getting it imported into the hack--has he actually stolen something and put it into his project, or is it just a mock-screen that will go nowhere.

That's one thing that should rather bother the uptight FE spriter community, nothing is secure in FEXP. All of Yeti's animations, his map sprites, etc, not safe in the slightest when it's in FEXP. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3, decompile. For this reason, Romhacking holds a very significant edge, to say nothing of FE7xNA which is probably even more secure.

/inb4rage

I have to say that he has commendable patience to decompile the game, grab the sheet, rip the sprites and put them in order, animate them all himself, etc. If nothing else, he would have made a pretty decent romhack animator, assuming the screenshot wasn't faked.

good thing I was going to release all scripts and additions I made in FEXP anyway or this might bother me

Edited by Klokinator, 29 February 2012 - 10:55 PM.

#14 deranger

deranger

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

That's one thing that should rather bother the uptight FE spriter community, nothing is secure in FEXP. All of Yeti's animations, his map sprites, etc, not safe in the slightest when it's in FEXP. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3, decompile. For this reason, Romhacking holds a very significant edge, to say nothing of FE7xNA which is probably even more secure.

Ignoring everything else you just said, can't you take animations and Portraits from Romhacks as easy as Feditor

#15 Klok

Klok

Back to being Klok I guess.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Ignoring everything else you just said, can't you take animations and Portraits from Romhacks as easy as Feditor

It's a lot harder if someone repoints the array for either of those. Tedious, but makes it noob proof at the least.

#16 Elsa's Hair

Elsa's Hair

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'd also like to poke at that Golden Warrior guy. His Link looks like a horrid recolor of one of Uther33's older TP Links.
Edit - Eeyup. *digs stuff outta oblivion* Posted Image

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ, 29 February 2012 - 11:46 PM.

#17 NICKT™

NICKT™

NICKT

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

You guys really do approach things like this like idiots. *sigh*
Blazer, ever heard of a PM? Wouldn't kill you, posting a topic was unnecessary.

Also, I pray hope that you do something about the guy who posted this too, cause it's just pathetic, not to include pointless, unnecessary and essentially flaming;
Spoiler ()

You people are funny. Still reckon this should have just been done behind the scenes, mass thefts or second/continuous offenses are more the thing for public conversation, but a first offense, an obvious one, should really have been dealt with quickly and a ton more efficiently.

Also, bad day for Link.

Edited by 暁, 01 March 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#18 Elsa's Hair

Elsa's Hair

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:10 AM

LOL Good ol' Furet. I gotta say, he keeps things ragingly funny.

#19 Parrhesia

Parrhesia

"It's Mewt's fault for being so lame!"

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Also, I pray hope that you do something about the guy who posted this too, cause it's just pathetic, not to include pointless, unnecessary and essentially flaming;
(something I said)

Oh, no! I treated an incompetent, pathetic sprite thief with contempt!

(as for using parentheses for Cs, FEShrine has an autocensor.)

#20 NICKT™

NICKT™

NICKT

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

There was no need for you to do so, it was up to the Staff who handle the Forum, and only them.

There was no need nor call for your comment, whether you feel the need to "lay contempt" on someone for something they've done, it doesn't give you the right, nor responsibility, nor authority to do so.

Edited by 暁, 01 March 2012 - 12:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users