Rate the Unit, Day 5: Bors

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Wolt: 2.16

Roy: 3.54

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

man, wolt got more votes than alance even though i made people work more

this pleases me pretty greatly

only a couple of you were a little borderline (ein, mekkah) but i'm generous today

note: his name is totally bors but today's thread title brought to you as a special present <3

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shit move

Mediocre bases

Lance lock in axe-fest

3 base spd sucks, and 40% spd growth is wtf on an AK.

Still, 2/10, he can meatshield swordies/bows.

oh wait, wendy's his sister, so -1

1/10 for Bors.

he gets 3RKOed just visiting houses

lawl

I remember seeing something similar.

Maybe a demotivator?

Edited by Metal King Slime

Earlygame is important, but yes, I suppose it should be lower :P
If earlygame is important and bors performs like utter trash in earlygame...why the high rating? Does not compute...

lawl

I remember seeing something similar.

Maybe a demotivator?

I remember painfully watching an FE10 LP to get a low quality shot of Nephenee visiting houses, just to make that demotivator.

1.5/10 that's a pretty bad unit you got there, every attempt by GJ to hype him (and rename him) makes my blood boil

2/10. At least he can wall swordies and bowmen, which is more than certain armors can say (we'll cross that bridge when we come to it).

I once calculated what units most likely reach the most of their caps. IIRC, he got 1st place.

either way, I decided to use him for the first time. He capped speed midgame, got doubled that same chapter.

bad bases + good growths + bad caps = 2/10

All the above comments speak for itself. 1/10 Because he can triangle attack, but who would ever want to train 2 other bad knights up for that job?

Barth may be worth using, get him one lvl up in his starting chapter, and promote him for 5 move and axes for isles.

Pros:

Exists for free for while game

Cons:

Doesn't do anything in his free chapters

4 mov sucks.

His stats aren't decent.

Lancelock in axemode.

Special triattack with crappy Wendy.

At least Wolt chips. Bors misses all the acton.

Worse than Wolt, difficult to train if you're masochistic enough to try (I am). I have a soft spot for armors, but in this game they are especially irredeemable. He just can't go anywhere, doesn't double ever, and has problems hitting right off the bat as well. No thank you.

1.5/10, and .5 of that is for availability.

Boris is a pretty cool guy. Eh tanks the western isles and doesn't afraid of axes.

You know what? I'm a big armors guy(and normally I would defend Boris), but in all seriousness, Boris sucks. Earlygame, his 3 base speed does a lot of injustices, as fighters in his joining map have a good chance of doubling him for a 2RKO, which ruins what could've been a decentish tank, as he gets 3RKO'd otherwise. And this is on top of perpetual WTD and not being able to hit the broad side of a space barn. Now, I guess he can be decent if trained, but that's only for people who have enough patience(like me). Oh, and while Oswin/Gilliam's 4 move syndrome is bad, it really doesn't hurt them as bad as in this game, as maps in this game are huge.

Oh and he can tri attack with his sister and his bro(Barf isn't really his bro, but let's just say he is), but gl getting THREE armors, one of them ultramassive sucking, to surround an enemy.

borisisnotasgoodasoswin.jpg

2.5/10

+1 for bias

P.S: My badge is now Boyd.

Edited by darkandroid125

1/10

Bors makes Wolt look good -- and that's sad. Both will be dropped around the time you get a deployment screen, but Wolt can chip enemies without being countered (and doubled) and has more MOV. Bors might end up killing something like 2-3 enemies total in LTC.

Doesn't even do anything on his free chapters and is terrible at tanking the enemies in his free chapters anyway except loldiers

1/10

Even against the Soldiers he is fairly bad. Remember that this is not FE7: Soldiers in this game have an abundance of HP and STR even if they have very little else. Chapter 3 Soldiers, for instance, have 17ATK so they 4HKO Bors=.