Rate the Unit, Day 8: Dieck

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Ellen: 5.73

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

okay guys a whole lot of your votes yesterday were looking a little too close to "ellen sucks because saul/clarine"

since it didn't seem to be changing the scores at all i let them slide but watch it for the future

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Manly bases, decent growths, great availability. All he needs now is a pony and he's set! Dieck's usually very reliable, and doesn't really wane for the entire game. Either him or Ruttles should be eating that first hero crest.

8.5/10

Hmm... lesee.

Dieck has great bases and ok growths, With an Armorslayer he could be a valuable early boss-killer and he usually he stays that way til the end. He gains axes upon promotion which means partly weapon triangle adavntage. However, he is still a foot unit and probably won't be able to keep up with your team on an efficient playthrough, But on a standard run, he's beast and should be used at all costs. He can also support triangle with Clarine and Rutger; two very good units

8/10 because he is strong early game but might be stat screwed by endgame due to sort-off sub-par growths. Then again, all you need are some random scrubs that have an S in their weapon rank to deal with dragons...

Dieck. I don't find him as good as everyone makes him out to be. I've ended up dropping him despite his good bases, simply because his growths are sub-par. 40% Str growth? For a guy like Dieck, you'd imagine him to have at least a good Str growth, if nothing else. His speed isn't really on top of it either, so if he's doubling only a handful units now, that pitiful 30% Spd growth will more than likely hinder him later in the game. If you are lucky with his level-ups, he will remain a top unit, but he can so easily get screwed, and that is why I tend to drop him towards the middle of the game. If he does promote, it should be after Rutger.

Personally I find Fir to be a better Hero Crest candidate than Dieck here. Especially in Hard mode.

55%.

Dieck. I don't find him as good as everyone makes him out to be. I've ended up dropping him despite his good bases, simply because his growths are sub-par. 40% Str growth? For a guy like Dieck, you'd imagine him to have at least a good Str growth, if nothing else. His speed isn't really on top of it either, so if he's doubling only a handful units now, that pitiful 30% Spd growth will more than likely hinder him later in the game. If you are lucky with his level-ups, he will remain a top unit, but he can so easily get screwed, and that is why I tend to drop him towards the middle of the game. If he does promote, it should be after Rutger.

Personally I find Fir to be a better Hero Crest candidate than Dieck here. Especially in Hard mode.

55%.

Who do you consider good if Alance and Dieck are just average to you?

Who do you consider good if Alance and Dieck are just average to you?

As I said somewhere before, I could probably count the number of units I consider good with the five digits on one of my hands. For Hard mode, at least.

He's good but a tad overrated like others have stated. His bases can only carry him so far, because his growths are sub par. Better than trash like Bors I suppose.

8/10

Edited by Mage Lord

As I said somewhere before, I could probably count the number of units I consider good with the five digits on one of my hands. For Hard mode, at least.

Good thing the game lets you deploy more than 5 units eh? Maybe we should rate with that in mind and not "ohlololollolol not Rutger, Marcus, Miledy, or [insert other 2 characters here" eh?

lol his name looks like dick 6.9/10

He IS dick.Anyways, 7.5/10.

lol you two are funny but no. get some explanations down.

EDIT: @Refa: Raven seems to be (hopefully he'll correct me if I'm wrong) rating Dieck on an individual basis. Rutger/Fir only come up in his post regarding Dieck's promotion.

Edited by Integrity

Nicr bases, competant growths, epic promo gains, high con, can use axes well.

Only slows down later on.

Supports awesome units for nice gains.

Lacks mount.

9+1/10, so I'm giving him

10/10, because bias power.

Dem bases make him an early/mid game hulk, but he is likely to get outclassed by endgame, especially in ltc/efficiency.

If you bulk him up with Rutger support and plop him some axes, he is more usable EG, but the isn't necessary.

Dieck always gets my first Hero Crest. Because Rutger actually gets to max level in Lumi runs might as well milk it for what it's worth but that's irrelevant

Great bases and a great help in earlygame. Can get some bosskills using ARMOURSLAYER (C2-3 bosses, to be exact). He does reliable damage against a lot of things, and he;s just really useful overall.

He's got good skill, so that helps with his secondary weapon aka axes. As hit rates are actually worth a shit in this game, that is useful. After promotion he can axe things fairly accurately. Iron/Hand is all he really needs, anyway, as far as axes go. And he has pretty good con for most axes, too.

He does have some pretty fast support options, like Lot and Thany. Lot isn't all that useful after like, C8, though, and Thany usually is off ferrybotting. I do like his support triangle with Rutger and Clarine since it's super hax, but it's really slow so that point cancels out too. Oh well, FE6 supports are super slow in general and there's a cap per chapter so not having the best options shouldn't be a point against, at any rate.

He does have a few problems. His growth rates are a bit subpar by growth unit standards, so he eventually hit a point where he will be shaky in doubling. But even so he can still axe something that has a lance in the face and not give a crap. He lacks a horse, too so that's a point off in efficient runs (not ranked though. You get 600+ turns for ranked haha fuck)

7.5/10+1 for SUPERMANLY SHIRTLESSNESS <3= 8.5/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Dieck eats the enemy, he has nice growths for FE6 (the game where everyone sucks) and great bases, he'll definitely be fighting for that first Hero Crest with Rutgar, but being able to not only support him, but keep up with him stat wise when he DOESN'T get HM Bonuses, Dieck is really lacking in 1 thing.

No mount, but he's a top tier combat unit.

10/10, +1 Bias point so really 9/10

His growths are a bit lacking, but his bases are pretty good, and since he can actually dodge things, he's probably your most durable non-Marcus unit early-game. Plus, he helps give Rutger 100% crit. :O 8.5/10 + 1 bias because he can take hits to the chest WITHOUT EVEN WEARING A SHIRT.

Dieck is so badass that entire armies flee at the mere sight of him.

Anyway I like him. He had great bases, meh growths, but not low enough to make him lose his edge. His con is another advantage, it makes him one of the only units who can wield blades without trouble.

Not having a horse sucks, but I don't penalise units for it, unless we're talking about fe4.

8.5/10

He's arugably the second best earlygame unit, after HM!Rutger. His advantage is he comes two chapters earlier, and promotes to use Axes, and can 1-2 Range the shit out of everything.

8/10