Florina tries again to play this game.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Sangyul

Sangyul

SF mafuiya

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

I haven't played FE6 yet, so I might not be too helpful, but from what I've heard about Sue and seen from averages, her biggest problem is her strength. It's ... pretty bad. 5 base and 30% growth isn't always cutting it. If I ever get around to playing this game, I'd use Sue just because she's Rath's daughter and I like nomads. But otherwise, it's probably best to treat her like Guy: if you want to use her, do so. But if she starts trolling you in strength and doesn't seem to be keeping up, it might be best to drop her?

#22 Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson

Loki no

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

I've had a Sue with around 12-13 str on HM by C21, which is under her averages (she was 19/7 or 8 I don't remember at the time and 13 is her 20/3 average) and she did alright regarding the right enemies. I had to throw her a few high-end bows like Killer and Silver, but it wasn't that big of a deal. The most common high-defense enemy types she's up against, she happens to be effective against as well. Granted, Dorothy ended up beating her in most stats since I wasn't going fast or anything (all girls run for fun), but due to the abundance of fliers, (Pegasi all over Ilia is where I went, and Sacae has a ton of wyverns as well, and C21 is wyvernland too) she still had pretty good use there. Sue is nice to have on C7, anyway, against those annoying ass wyverns.

On NM she should be even less of an issue as her stats aren't even dependent on HM bonuses.

Edited by Luminescent Blade, 11 March 2012 - 09:53 PM.

#23 Sangyul

Sangyul

SF mafuiya

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:54 PM

Well, I know that Sue pales in comparison to Shin, who comes only a few chapters later and has better bases and strength growth than she does. His speed and con are also good enough so that Sue's speed lead matters little, and I figured that most people who pick units on how well they fare statistically would rather have Shin than Sue.

#24 Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson

Loki no

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

It doesn't really hurt to have both should the player want to. By the time Shin joins, while Shin will have statistical superiority, Sue might outspeed him as this is NM and she'd likely to have a rank lead if in play. FE6 is fairly good towards bow users. While they still don't have the best EP, the abundance of fliers and the need for accuracy does make up for it.

Just if you wanna go to Ilia, it's best only to train one. If you go Sacae, by all means, they can even support each other. I personally like Sacae better since I take issue with Ilia's terrain and I hate its C20 more and the pegasi aren't the best fighters so it's annoying for me to feed them kills in the first place, but Ilia is generally the more popular route.

Plus, I like Sue. She orders Shin to stay back when he got hurt in their supports unlike the good little "princess" she's supposed to be. I thought that was pretty badass.

Edited by Luminescent Blade, 11 March 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#25 Sangyul

Sangyul

SF mafuiya

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

Well, I'm personally biased towards the nomads and I like them better than Elibe's pegasi in general, so I'd probably pick Sacae every time (except for when I wanted Juno's supports). And yeah, I like Sue because she's Rath's daughter ... but she's definitely awesome in her supports! Sue and Shin have pretty good interactions. But, yeah, if a person wanted to go to Ilia and/or only wanted to use one nomad, Sue is probably going to be dropped in favor of Shin, unless the player in question just has a bias towards Sue.

#26 Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson

Loki no

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:08 PM

Likely. Although again, Normal Mode so most characters shouldn't be a pain to train anyway. I find NMs good for playing fairly suboptimal characters that you just like as characters, since it's easy for most units to excel there. On HM, definitely go with Shin. He has sexy bonuses.

#27 Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

Deceiver Of The Gods

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Well I'll be damned...Roy...isnt....sucking...
Hes doubling! Hes at level 8 and has 11 speed. His defense is 8. Not too bad considering the other Roy i had...His strength is not good but not bad. He looks a lot like Eliwood! I'll...be damned.
I just got Sue. (sucks she comes with no weapon.)
With the way Thany is looking, i might end up in Sacae after all. Omg shes just becoming a pain in my ass. Shes gaining very little strength and speed with levels. Meh.

#28 Raven

Raven

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

On NM at least, training weaker units shouldn't be so hard.

I'd also advise using Gonzales. He's pretty dangerous after he eats a Secret Book.
I also like Miledy. Still a good force, even without those nice HM bonuses.
Same to Fir, who takes full advantage of the number of enemy axe units in the following levels after her recruitment. Best and easiest unit to baby in this game ever.

#29 Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Dragon Reborn

• Global Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

I also like Miledy. Still a good force, even without those nice HM bonuses.

Considering her caps can get in the way of ORKOs on HM, she's arguably better on NM than on HM (same caps, reaches str/skl/spd cap anyway, enemies suck more).

#30 Just call me Al

Just call me Al

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Sue is good, you just need to load up on killer bows (Killing Edges as well if you wanna use her as a swordie post-promo)

Doesn't Sue have to completely use up two or three Iron Swords before she can even use a Killing Edge in the first place?

Edited by Little Al, 12 March 2012 - 09:27 AM.

#31 Merry Sioux

Merry Sioux

Crack is wack

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Doesn't Sue have to completely use up two or three Iron Swords before she can even use a Killing Edge in the first place?

Well yeah you do have have to build up her sword rank 1st

#32 dondon151

dondon151

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

Considering her caps can get in the way of ORKOs on HM, she's arguably better on NM than on HM (same caps, reaches str/skl/spd cap anyway, enemies suck more).

Better relative to the enemies? That's arguable. Wyvern riders get some of the best HM bonuses, so I think Miledy actually loses out in this exchange. Relative to the player units, she's a lot worse, but still salvageable if you give her a Speedwings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users