Famitsu 15/3 (no pictures yet)

VincentASM

Seen some rather small images, hope they haven't been doctored. Nothing as exciting as the new trailer which I still need to check out.

Marth's voice actor is Yū Kobayashi.

Soiree, the red knight, is a girl.

Vake is a Fighter.

Girl with classes is Miriel the Mage.

Other characters include Rihito, another Mage, and Mariabel, a Troubadour.

Some stuff about support conversations and, I think, the "Double" function.

(Evidentally, expect a follow up when better quality scans appear later.)

Edited by VincentASM

Female voice, then? Interesting. Has Original Marth ever had a female voice?

Games

Final Fantasy Type-0 - Yuzuki

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Marth

Koumajou Densetsu 2: Stranger's Requiem - Ran Yakumo

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - Cécile Cosima Caminades

Steins;Gate - Ruka Urushibara

Street Fighter X Tekken - Nina Williams

Relevant?

Here's a link to this week's Famitsu scans -

http://0taku.livedoo...es/4141036.html

It looks like we're getting more info on "Marth", Vake, Sol, Soiree, and are introduced to what appear to be 2 new mages and a new female.

Hopefully we'll get clearer shots of them when the site updates later today, but it's good to finally get more info on my man Vake.

Can any Translators out there make out anything noteworthy?

Edit: Beaten by Vincent. Sorry about that!

Edited by KeasbyKnight

so that means marth is female?

Females voice males all the time in Japan, if you're using his voice actor as reference.

Either way... I suspect that even if this Marth is female, they wouldn't spoil that in magazine previews.

Females voice males all the time in Japan, if you're using his voice actor as reference.

Either way... I suspect that even if this Marth is female, they wouldn't spoil that in magazine previews.

your right.. theyd probably use that as the shocking plot twist..... every good game should have one...

your right.. theyd probably use that as the shocking plot twist..... every good game should have one...

Hold up, are you implying that the plot twist of this game is a discovery when someone lifts Marth's tunic/skirt?

Would actually be one hell of a twist.

In other news, mage hats are awesome, and Sorie is the most androgynous character ever.

Women tend to voice younger boys to get that pre-puberty higher pitch, and Japan tends to use masculine-sounding females for certain guys who are not particularly macho.

Hell, Kenshin's seiyuu is a chick. When I had to watch a dubbed version of Rurouni Kenshin, the male voice actor in the American version took a bit getting used to since the female seiyuu in the Japanese version did a pretty good job IMO and I'm used to her voice to Kenshin's image.

Her voice wasn't particularly feminine, though.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Donny's been seen wielding Fin's Guardlance. How's Fin going to protect Leaf now?

Everyone who's already paired Fin with someone knows the answer to that: with an obscene level lead and an iron lance, or not at all.

Edited by TheEnd

http://imepic.jp/20120314/323690

http://imepic.jp/20120314/330770

The article shows the double system, which allows two characters to combine and move as one unit. Looks like Sumia can give other units a lift since there's a 'drop off' option. One of the other options is shift/switch, so it might be similar to alternating main pilots in SRW.

I don't think Marth being female would be any sort of a surprise. Yes, this is animu, but still; if you compare "Marth's" build to the other dudes we've already seen, he's especially short and slender, not to mention the more obvious hint of waistline and hip, as well as the girly fingers. I'm thoroughly convinced that Marth's a girl. He wouldn't have much reason to hide, otherwise (aside the obvious idea of being a fake) - especially if he already identifies himself as Marth.

I'm hoping for altuniverse fem!Marth. That is my desire.

Isn't that just the old rescue mechanic? That's what it sounds like.

Looks like it's being expanded on with the dual combat stuff. Quite an interesting change.

Isn't that just the old rescue mechanic? That's what it sounds like.

I think this time it's more about two units joining forces and fighting together. It shows Sumia and Callum combining; when Sumia is the main attacker Callum boosts her attack and defense, when Callum is the main attacker Sumia boosts his speed, and so on.

It says you can use the system to carry units with low movement, so I'm guessing you might be able to do things like charge in on a pegasus and switch characters to attack.

Well, considering how Marth already has a Seiyu in Hikaru Midorikawa and this 'Masked Marth' has someone totally different for a Seiyu...

YEah, I think that already made it clear (or at the least, very highly likely) it couldn't be the real Marth.

I think this time it's more about two units joining forces and fighting together. It shows Sumia and Callum combining; when Sumia is the main attacker Callum boosts her attack and defense, when Callum is the main attacker Sumia boosts his speed, and so on.

It says you can use the system to carry units with low movement, so I'm guessing you might be able to do things like charge in on a pegasus and switch characters to attack.

This could really help Callum and other low-Move units, while keeping high-Move units meaningful as part of the pair. Very interesting.

Edited by Othin

I like the big hat on the mage(s) ^^' and I think the ribboned girl is a troubadour. I can't believe Soiree is a cavalier, I thought she would be a thief based on her design ^^'. Is Soiree the first female with short hair? I can't remember others.

Edited by Queen_Emelina

I like the big hat on the mage(s) ^^' and I think the ribboned girl is a troubadour. I can't believe Soiree is a cavalier, I thought she would be a thief based on her design ^^'. Is Soiree the first female with short hair? I can't remember others.

Nah, there are plenty of short haired females. Off the top of my head I can say Wendy, Lute, Neimi, and Amelia(though she is inbetween short and long).