Rate the Unit, Day 11: Thany

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

- Any use of a male pronoun to refer to Thany past post #9 will result in a discarded vote. No exceptions.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Lot: 5.40

Ellen: 5.73

Dieck: 7.94

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

jesus ward got a shittier score than i imagined

also changed the timezone to edt because fucking daylight savings

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8/10 because rescuing and early flight, she really, really, REALLY needs some fucking strength growth though, great utility, terrible combat unless her strength gets up, still free deployment flight is too good to pass up, and Thite wont come for a while. Once Miledy and Thite hit though Thany doesn't tend to see use for me.

She does support Dieck though, which is always a plus (though why is Dieck not supporting Rutgar and Clarine) still her rescue dropping utility is undeniable. she will always have something to do on any map you bring her to. which is much more than I can say for... LOTS of units.

maybe -1 Bias point because I really just cannot into Thany. So 7/10

too lazy and tired to paragraph today

Combat isn't all that great. Durability of wet paper. Weighed down by everything not a slim lance before promotion.

But early flying rescue and that's pretty fucking important. Probably the reason why Treck even gets to live in HM. 8/10.

Early flight is always great, he has great base SPD, but the guy really needs some STR growths (which are not exactly guaranteed) to be useful as more than a taxi. But being a taxi is pretty awesome in itself at times. Plus the novelty factor.

7.5/10

Thany is great for ferrying, but his combat is pretty bad. Ironically, HM is sort of nice to him in the sense that his overkill speed isn't so overkill anymore. Too bad his durability is still crappy enough to keep him away from most combat.

7/10, +1 bias because he's the cutest little shota ever. So his total score is 8/10

Thany is great for ferrying, but his combat is pretty bad. Ironically, HM is sort of nice to him in the sense that his overkill speed isn't so overkill anymore. Too bad his durability is still crappy enough to keep him away from most combat.

7/10, +1 bias because he's the cutest little shota ever. So his total score is 8/10

That's still not funny.

too lazy and tired to paragraph today

Combat isn't all that great. Durability of wet paper. Weighed down by everything not a slim lance before promotion.

But early flying rescue and that's pretty fucking important. Probably the reason why Treck even gets to live in HM. 8/10.

this.

But blue hair, because you gotta have the blue hair

Earlygame flyer, pretty much your savior until Miledy comes along (and still useful afterwards).

9/10. Flying is way too good.

Also abusing my status as post number 9 to refer to him as a he.

Edited by Silvercrow

Thany flies early on, but her combat and durability are absolutely horrible and she can sit on a bench as soon as Tate/Miledy arrive.

7/10 because early flying is still super amaze.

Sure, her durability and combat may be balls (Ugh... weighed down by many stuff is sadfais); but... but...

DAT FLIGHT! DAT FERRYING! DAT DODGE!

Also, if you like to play bloody; she can blick off any easy or weakened targets. If you want to bring her around after Miledy/Tate arrives cause rescue chains are hilarious; you wanna might give her the Delphi Shield, if you want to that is...

So, my verdict?

8/10... But I shall use my magical bias powers to kick it up to...

9/10

Edited by Frostbite

ok new rule

Great, now some smartass is going to come in here and use gender-neutral pronouns instead.

Except it won't be me, I've already made my bed.

- Any use of a male pronoun to refer to Thany past post #9 will result in a discarded vote. No exceptions.

I just want to say, this is the best rule.

Well, Thany. Best flyer in FE6 besides Miledy has got to count for something, especially since she shows up on Ch. 2. She's a pain to level at first though, although if you get her to lv. 10 and early promote her for the Western Isles, apparently she's quite good. I've never done that! But she's also really awesome if you just wait till...a higher level and promote her. Because swords are actually useful in this game for making the hit rates of any axe users drop to as low as well....Ward's. Also her name sounds kinda like that awesome spell from FE10, so that's gotta count for something (well...not really, but w/e). Also she's like one of my favorite characters from FE6. So with that in mind...

9/10.

Can provide some chip damage, and if she's getting raised in level, then her dodge can only improve.

Great for rescuing and ferrying, great availability and utility up until other flyers come along to take her place.

80%.

7.5/10 for being a good ferry earlygame, but with shitty combat. She helps you get Treck, but eh Treck. -1 bias gives her 6.5 because you have to have good combat to get away with blue hair, damn it. Or you disgrace Sigurd.

Thany has very shitty combat and very bad durability forever (unless she's using swords in the western isles, in which case she never gets hit.) She still fills the void of an earlygame flier, and still has some advantages over Miledy once she shows up, namely rescuing proficiancy, and resistance. But flight is also pretty good. Also fun fact: he is the 1st playable male pegasus knight.

8.5/10

Edited by General Horace

Thany has very shitty combat and very bad durability forever (unless she's using swords in the western isles, in which case she never gets hit.) She still fills the void of an earlygame flier, and still has some advantages over Miledy once she shows up, namely rescuing proficiancy, and resistance. But flight is also pretty good. Also fun fact: he is the 1st playable male pegasus knight.

8.5/10

ok new rule

I don't want you to lose your vote man.

On that note, can someone explain why people are doing this?

Edited by Raven

I don't want you to lose your vote man.

On that note, can someone explain why people are doing this?

Thanks dude, I know full well what I'm doing though.

I don't really care that much for Thany, so I don't really care if my vote is thrown out anyway haha

8.5/10

I'd warn you but Raven already did. You know what you're doing, and you know the rules.

but c'mon man, at least have the decency to give her like a 11/10 if you're going to get it tossed

Edited by Integrity