If You Could Wipe Out One Game Genre Off The Face Of The Earth...

Randoman

If you could wipe out one game genre off the face of the earth (so all games of that genre would suddenly disappear and game companies would never be able to make a game of that genre ever again), what game genre would you pick?

I'd pick First Person Shooters in a heartbeat.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pick First Person Shooters in a heartbeat.

Yep same here. Thats all people play where I live and a pain having to hear only shooter games. I honestly believe that I'm the only one in all 3600 students at my high school that doesn't play them. People need a bit of variety to call themselves real gamers.

People need a bit of variety to call themselves real gamers.

And yet you'd wipe a game genre off the face of the Earth. Yeah. That's. Kind of really fucking stupid.

this is a theoretical discussion, you can contribute your opinion instead of picking random person to flame you twat

i'd eliminate RPG's, as much as i love them, if we didnt have them i think a lot more people would be productive and see the sun more instead of spend 8 hours a day raiding as a night job in some online guild full of strangers that doesnt appreciate you

shit, if it werent for RPG's, i might have actually had a decent career by now

This thread is retarded lol. I think the only genre worth eliminating is movie based games, but who am I to make that call? What if over a million people enjoy playing Barbie Twilight Faerie Nights based off the awesome Barbie Princess Adventure movie, but I utterly despise it? So, because I hate it, it should be removed from existance, even though a million other people like it?

The same thing of FPS's. Millions of people love FPS games for whatever reason, and while I prefer more stealthy FPS games, I still play them anyway and like them a lot. But hey, maybe I despise SRPG's for whatever reason, should those be eliminated too? And maybe I hate black people, should they be eliminated too?

It's just stupid, there's no reason of any decent sort to remove an entire game genre from the face of the earth. Now, POLITICIANS... those mite b worth removing, do feel free to discuss those.

And yet you'd wipe a game genre off the face of the Earth. Yeah. That's. Kind of really fucking stupid.

Or really smart.

JRPGs by the by.

Not the actual SMT games and EOs. Those are good RPGs from Japan. :Knoll:

I'm afraid not. But that would be one of my picks if it wasn't just one. Also, game companies don't count as genres either.

Damn. Well if games like Mass Effect and Uncharted aren't considered FPS, then im gonna go with FPS

None. What the hell would be the point of destroying something people enjoy? The people that play only FPSes for example would not be playing anything if they didn't exist.

Pretty much every genre has at least one fun or worthwhile game to offer.

I mean you can't tell me you'd end

FPS? And never play Timesplitters again? Or Tribes? Or have a silly Quake 3 LAN party? 64 Goldeneye? There's a legion of kickass FPS games that you dudes are shamelessly casting to the void here. I mean shoot, I uh "enjoy" the company of the average obnoxious cawadooty/halo player as much as the next guy but I still have a grand old time playing those games with bros.

Rythm Action? I don't want to live in a world without the Elite Beat Agents or DDR.

Sports? I don't care for any of the annual offerings associated with the genre (I dont even follow sports) but I'll be damned if I didn't have a good time playing stuff like Blitz: The League or NBA Street or most importantly, the Monkey Soccer minigame from Ape Escape 2.

and it goes on. I honestly can't think of a genre that is full of nothing but so much irredeemable horseshit that it should be banished from existence. Probably something really niche like rape simulators I guess? No wait, that means no monster girl quest

...yeah I'm drawing a blank here

mmorpgs.

Nobody needs to pay for a second job.

Yes, indeed~!

And IIDX is awesome. It's a music game that forces people to play against themselves.

EDIT: Gitaroo Man~! Esau, you are awesome~!

Edited by eclipse