Official site update + Famitsu 15/3

VincentASM

In case anyone misses it, the official site has updated again.

You can view the character profiles for Marth and 6 other characters. When I have time, I'll translate them or kindly ask TheEnd to.

Additionally, for those still dying for the latest Famitsu images, Malas from ChinaFE has uploaded them again, here: Page 1, Page 2, Page 3.

Some observations:

* Krom is carrying a Rapier and Leaf's Treasured-sword. The Binding Blade Falchion is strong against dragon-type enemies. Meanwhile, My Unit has a Bronze Sword.

* Magic (at least Elemental Magic) is still combined into one Tomes category (seen in My Unit's stat screen)

* Skills can be learned by leveling up

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donnie seems to be much higher leveled in the last image, having 43 HP, yet he keeps the farmer-like appearance. It's probably not tied to some trainee-level class in that case.

I'm not sure about that observation. I have a Level 20 General Amelia who still looks like a rookie soldier.

The units being showed in the Dual Tag are trained units, like Sage Liz.

EDIT

Oh, you mean in battle? That is pretty funny...

Edited by VincentASM

You can view the character profiles for Marth and 6 other characters. When I have time, I'll translate them or kindly ask TheEnd to.

I won't let you!

Marth - The mysterious swordsman who names himself a legend

A mysterious swordsman who names himself as the Hero King of ages long past. Holding another Falchion, which was supposed to be unique in this world, he appears during Krom's hour of need.

Sol - Amiable young (adult) knight

A knight in Krom's vigilante force. He has a gentle, trusting personality. His class is Cavalier.

Soware - Reliable female knight

A female knight in Krom's vigilante force. She prizes martial arts (... as in fighting in general, not karate) and has a daring, strong-willed personality. Her class is Cavalier.

Miriel - Cool and composed magic researcher

A member of the vigilante force. Perfectionist and methodical, she is harsh towards those who act thoughtlessly. Her class is Mage.

Veik - Self-proclaimed "Krom's Rival"

A fighter in the vigilant force. Being Krom's childhood friend, they kind of have a bond. His class is Fighter.

Richt - The short young mage

The youngest member of the vigilant force, he's like their mascot. He acts and speaks like a child, but dislikes being treated like one. Is attached to Krom. His class is Mage.

Mariabel - Haughty young lady ('ojou-sama')

A member of the vigilant force and Liz's best friend. Daughter of a (the?) most important noble family of the Holy Kingdom of Iris. She has a proud and domineering personality, but is sweet to her friends. Her class is Troubadour.

I should get the rest covered eventually

Maybe

>Heart mark between Krom and Veik! Proof of a deep bond between men.

Why IS

Why

And now, carrying units gives bonuses instead of penalties

Such easy mode

Edited by TheEnd

Damn it!

Thanks man

Also, any clue if the support conversations look generic? It's hard to go off 3 screenshots >___<

Mwahaha!

Where's my reward

- "Characters can't support with everyone." (page 2 scan)

- In the game system -> bonds part of the site, you can see two shots of Ronku and Liz, clearly implying some romantic development.

I don't think we'll be getting FE10's generic convos again. It seems more like FE9's system, from what I can see.

Edited by Sirius

Mwahaha!

Where's my reward

- "Characters can't support with everyone." (page 2 scan)

- In the game system -> bonds part of the site, you can see two shots of Ronku and Liz, clearly implying some romantic development.

I don't think we'll be getting FE10's generic convos again. It seems more like FE9's system, from what I can see.

You're being sarcastic right

Krom and Veik are looking pretty gay right there

Never mind that what do you guys think of the music ? I even heard the Fir Emblem main theme in one of the video....such a high quality midis they are using...totally loving it.

Magic is all one type again? Disappointing.

Carrying units gives a boost? Okay, so just in case early game pegs weren't good enough they can now fight well while carrying your lord to the finish. Just what they needed.

Learning skills through leveling up sounds cool. I wonder how transferring skills will work then? FE10's capacity system wouldn't really work here.

Carrying units gives a boost? Okay, so just in case early game pegs weren't good enough they can now fight well while carrying your lord to the finish. Just what they needed.

Actually, it's a part of the support system, not the regular rescuing. But still, it allows a character to protect other and gain stat boosts while both units gain experience from combat.

* Magic is still combined into one Tomes category (seen in My Unit's stat screen)

Bah.

* Skills can be learned by leveling up

Yessssss

Actually, it's a part of the support system, not the regular rescuing. But still, it allows a character to protect other and gain stat boosts while both units gain experience from combat.

And they both occupy the same location on the map? Sounds like the squad system in SRW L, which is definitely good news for those that have lower movement.

So is it a girl? the "Marth" character?

Marth - The mysterious swordsman who names himself a legend

A mysterious swordsman who names himself as the Hero King of ages long past. Holding another Falchion, which was supposed to be unique in this world, he appears during Krom's hour of need.

Odds say it's a male.

And they both occupy the same location on the map? Sounds like the squad system in SRW L, which is definitely good news for those that have lower movement.

Apparently, you set an unit as main and the other as support, the main unit getting bonuses to regular stats and taking all hits.

Odds say it's a male.

That text is actually gender-neutral. A previous scan did refer to Marth as a mysterious boy, though.

Apparently, you set an unit as main and the other as support, the main unit getting bonuses to regular stats and taking all hits.

That text is actually gender-neutral. A previous scan did refer to Marth as a mysterious boy, though.

Any note on whether or not you can swap their role? As in, have a squad with a Pegasus Knight and Armor Knight, usually have the Peg as the main unit and be able to switch this role over to the Armor Knight during the same map?

Including the "who names himself a legend"? I figured that there's still the possibility of this new Marth being a chick but chances are that it'll be male.

Edited by Sirius

but the support unit also gains exp no? so they've given us a better way to train frail units

Any note on whether or not you can swap their role? As in, have a squad with a Pegasus Knight and Armor Knight, usually have the Peg as the main unit and be able to switch this role over to the Armor Knight during the same map?

Naturally. However, it's still unclear whether it takes a turn or not.

Including the "who names himself a legend"? I figured that there's still the possibility of this new Marth being a chick but chances are that it'll be male.

Japanese allows writing that without a gender reference. English? Not as easily.

but the support unit also gains exp no? so they've given us a better way to train frail units

That's something they actually say about the system, though I'm still unsure whether the support units always gets exp, or only if they use a support attack/finish with the support attack.

Edited by Sirius

I'm not sure about the meaning of the words in the 4 videos under 'Battle' but...peggies are now extra resistant to magic while being weak to bows while armours are extra resistant to normal weapons but weak to magic? Does this mean Armours take x2~3 damage from tomes now?!

Or is it the same old, those two classes just have crazy polarised Def or Res?

I'm not sure about the meaning of the words in the 4 videos under 'Battle' but...peggies are now extra resistant to magic while being weak to bows while armours are extra resistant to normal weapons but weak to magic? Does this mean Armours take x2~3 damage from tomes now?!

Or is it the same old, those two classes just have crazy polarised Def or Res?

Just same old.

Armors taking even more damage from magic would've been just hilarious.

Edited by TheEnd

I was thinking Armours have some sort of ability to reduce weapon Mt of enemies by half...then again they tend not to take much damage anyways. Magic damage seems to look very poor so far.

>Heart mark between Krom and Veik! Proof of a deep bond between men.

Why IS

Why

Because they need to be able to show their true feelings, no matter what ails them on the battlefield.

TRUE LOVE SHINES THROUGH.

Or maybe it's just some Ross/Garcia situation, where they just recognize each other as true men.

Edited by Sirius