Rate the Unit, Day 12: Chad
Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:58 AM
- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.
- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.
+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.
- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.
- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.
- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.
- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.
- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.
haha thany is .15 worse than vanessa
okay time for chad
rate him low because he's stupid and a dillweed
Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:05 AM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:26 AM
Horrible combat but pulls in like 30000 gold and desert items.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:35 AM
Pair that with the swag he keeps on getting! Unfortunately; by midgame to lategame... Not much of use cause he can't promote; enjoy risking him when you meet Siege tomes!
5.5, for an added kick in the nuts for him; he's unlikely to support anyone; forever aloneeeee~! -1 for him... Hahaha!
Edited by Frostbite, 15 March 2012 - 09:38 AM.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:39 AM
His combat is pretty pathetic frankly, his durability is pretty bad and he tends to scratch enemies twice if he inflicts damage at all, but that's not why you're using him, is it? His thiefing is his main selling point, and the fact that he's the first gets him major brownie points. You'll get a few chapters of use out of him, which is more than can be said for some other earlygame units, but once his level 10 compatriot comes around, unless you've been training him, he'll probably get benched. But Astohl can't get every chest in a reasonable timeframe, because Etruria and Ilia are assholes who can't even put their country's most valuable treasures in a single room so I can steal them easily, and using Cath is a special torture reserved for those in the seventh circle of Hell, so Chad can make himself useful. Just don't expect him to be swinging Durandal around.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:55 AM
I give him a 6/10 because theoretically he can turn into a great combat unit but cannot be used in the late game because of all those Wyverns running around. But, he steals shit so that's good.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:35 AM
6.5/10. What he contributes, he contributes well, he's just a utility character 90% of the time. Lack of promotion hurts any long-term combat potential, but on the other hand he doesn't require you waste a promo item on him. Then again, it's not like his contributions wouldn't be able to justify shelling out the money to get him one... but he can't anyway, so it's academic.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:37 AM
Meh bases aside from speed.
Nice utility, availibility, and support pool
Nice earlygame and isles.
8 base attack-
still, useful until Asthol comes around
Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:39 AM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:53 AM
But like we all know you don't rate thiefs for combat. He's your first thief so he has a little monopoly when he joins and while Astor is a better choice to use later on, he still does job well enough.....unless there are siege tomes.
8/10. 7.5 for being a good thief and 0.5 points for chipping at axe users.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:06 AM
He has only one role, and he's able to do it adequately for the most part. Still, no promotion, forgetable combat use, FragileSpeedster archetype, and is made effectively obsolete by a higher level unit later on altogether keeps him from being more than a situational use character.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:29 AM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:40 AM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:55 AM
Too bad he is stuck a thief, but at least he isn't Cath.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:19 AM
Sucky combat and durability and does not promote. Thief utility is awesome though.
75% - no bias points.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:19 AM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:29 AM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:34 AM
Edited by Luminescent Blade, 15 March 2012 - 09:34 AM.
Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:00 AM
Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:18 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users