Photo

The Adventures of Young Marcus and Old Marcus!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Kloknihater

Kloknihater

Bolm Lhef Arol Zenf Elda, Ixxo Tiev!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sword of Seals

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

Disclaimer: this fan-fic was created by General_Banzai of the Nintendo Forums and is allowed to be reused here through his sole permission. I, Klokinator have had no part in the creation of this fic whatsoever, but i am posting it here on the behalf of General_Banzai for your enjoyment. If you want to view his other Fire Emblem themed Fan-Fics, then click on one of the following links. If you wish to contact him, then pm him a message on the Nintendo forums or give it to me to relay to him. Thank you, that is all.
http://forums.ninten...ssage.id=132653
http://forums.ninten...ssage.id=153939

This is only the first 6 chapters. There may be a character limit per post so I split them up into multiple posts, just to be safe.

The Adventures of Marcus and Old Marcus:

Two Wimps Against the World

Spoiler (Chapter I: Marcus' Wish)

Spoiler (Chapter II: Old Marcus)
Spoiler (Chapter III: Marcus Versus Lowen)
Spoiler (Chapter IV: Canas is Kidnapped!)
Spoiler (Chapter V: Marcus on the Run)
Spoiler (Chapter VI: Marcus on the Dread Isle)

Edited by Klokinator, 16 March 2012 - 03:37 AM.

#2 Kloknihater

Kloknihater

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

Spoiler (Chapter VII: The Same Jokes Never Get Old!)
Spoiler (Chapter VIII: How Many People Will this Chapter Tick Off?)
Spoiler (Chapter IX: Marcus Sets Sail)
Spoiler (Chapter X: Leviathan!)
Spoiler (Chapter XI: Cameos!)
Spoiler (Chapter XII: All Your Base Are Belong To Us!)
Spoiler (Chapter XIII: Renault Explains How to Kill a Mockingbird)
Spoiler (Chapter XIV: A Really Long Chapter! - The Matrix)

#3 Kloknihater

Kloknihater

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

Spoiler (Chapter XV: Where's Waldo-er, Karel?)
Spoiler (Chapter XVI: Jeigans!)
Spoiler (Chapter XVII: Grand Theft Auto: Bern Edition)
Spoiler (Chapter XVIII: Owned!)
Spoiler (Chapter XIX: Marcus the Assassin)
Spoiler (Chapter XX: Crazed Inaudibilities)

This is the final chapters. I hope everyone thought this story was humorous. It's the only fanfic I ever thought was worth reading, and it comes from ye olde FEW days.
Edit2: Just noticed the broken apostraphes, I'll fix that tomorrow.

Edited by Klokinator, 16 March 2012 - 04:04 AM.

#4 CrashGordon94

CrashGordon94

*pop* *pop* Kaboom!

• Exiled
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:37 AM

The links are broken.

#5 Kloknihater

Kloknihater

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:48 AM

I copypasted from SOS, which was copy pasted from FEU, which was copypasted from FEW. A lot of things are broken, I gotta repair them.

I also just realized Banzai goes to these forums, yay.

Edit: Those links aren't broken, they're 5 years old and dead. I also fixed the random spelling issues it was having. I'll need to run a spell checker on this sucker.

Edited by Klokinator, 16 March 2012 - 04:05 AM.

#6 Othin

Othin

Trapped in Biden's time machine

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Might want to ask him about this...

Regardless, this is interesting. I recall Banzai saying he thought MAOM was lost when Oldsider went down years ago.

#7 General Banzai

General Banzai

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:25 AM

Man, this is... 6 years old. At least. I feel like we've unearthed some kind of ancient artifact.

Anyways, if anyone is wondering, I really did make these, on Nsider1. They were written as a parody of all the ridiculous Marcus-bashing that went on on the forums. I'll have to reread them to see if they're decent or not.

#8 Othin

Othin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:31 AM

You joined Oldsider at most six years ago. I forget whether you joined in March or May.

I remember I thought it was funny five years ago, but then, that was five years ago. We were what, 13? If it's not decent you'll have to post FESDUV to show how well you can write now, and then you'll have to finish writing it, finally!

Edited by Othin, 16 March 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#9 General Banzai

General Banzai

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

You joined Oldsider at most six years ago. I forget whether you joined in March or May.

I remember I thought it was funny five years ago, but then, that was five years ago. We were what, 13? If it's not decent you'll have to post FESDUV to show how well you can write now, and then you'll have to finish writing it, finally!

I joined Oldsider May 2, 2006, so I would have been 13 then.

I don't think I wrote this until I was 14 though. Still... a looong time ago. I'm amazed anyone still remembers it, let alone thinks it's brilliant enough to warrant a demidecade reposting. I wonder if he has FEUV

I'm thinking of writing a ThraciUV over the summer. I thought about posting FESDUV here but it kinda requires having read FESSUV to get, and I'm not posting FESSUV here because 1. formatting issues 2. questionable quality and 3. too many inside jokes.

#10 Othin

Othin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Yeah, FESSUV wouldn't work. I'm sure you could find a way to work things out to bring FESDUV over, though. Maybe adding a sort of prologue with an explanation and relevant excerpts?

Edited by Othin, 16 March 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#11 General Banzai

General Banzai

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

Yeah, FESSUV wouldn't work. I'm sure you could find a way to work things out to bring FESDUV over, though. Maybe adding a sort of prologue with an explanation and relevant excerpts?

Well Ogma kind of explains everything in Ch 2 anyways, but the Gerik Mercenaries show up halfway through. What am I supposed to do to explain them?

#12 Kloknihater

Kloknihater

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:12 PM

xD I always thought this story was worth keeping. The randomness is lame sometimes, but some parts of this truly deserve to be memes, yanno? Not only that, but it'd make a hilarious game if you cleaned it up and interpreted the script into a game in such a way as to actually be funny and cohesive.

Edit: And what are all of those acronyms? I have a couple other fan stories but I'm not sure about what "FEUV" is.

Edited by Klokinator, 16 March 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#13 Othin

Othin

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

Well Ogma kind of explains everything in Ch 2 anyways, but the Gerik Mercenaries show up halfway through. What am I supposed to do to explain them?

I'm sure you can come up with something.

Edit: And what are all of those acronyms? I have a couple other fan stories but I'm not sure about what "FEUV" is.

FEUV is Fire Emblem: The Unedited Version. Banzai made it around the same time as MAOM. He also made versions for Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon (FESSUV and FESDUV). FESSUV was finished, but FESDUV only goes up to Ch20 so far, I believe. FEPoRUV was even stranger than the others, and didn't work out. I recall one of the problems was going too far to differentiate it from Radiance Theatre, an FE9 story which someone compared to the UV series. If you're familiar with it, Banzai gave a quite apt comparison along these lines:

Radiance Theatre sticks mostly to the plot of the game, whereas I pillage and rape the plots of the games.

Edited by Othin, 16 March 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#14 General Banzai

General Banzai

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

PoRUV made more sense than FESSUV, which was the problem. I should have made it stranger in order to break away from the Radiance Theatre comparisons.

#15 Kloknihater

Kloknihater

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Well in that case I don't have any of those, just ome other fan stories that are kinda funny but yet not. Anyway, I've been preserving MAOM for like 7 years, so you're welcome I guess, unless you're ashamed it's seen the light of day again xP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users