#41 Star-Lord

Star-Lord

I don't learn. One of my issues.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

His durability is suck.
His growths are not that great.
He can't double at first.
Has a shit ton of competition for promotion items.
His offense is ok.
His sprite looks like an ugly you know what.
And he's overrated.

4.5/10 -1
3.5/10

#42 Duff Ostrich

Duff Ostrich

The Great Gonzales

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sword of Seals

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

6 AS at the start of chapter 4? With 10 AS nomads? No thanks. Lugh's bases are very weak, and while he has good growths it is difficult to justify the babying needed to get him to a point where he's holding his own. He's great once he can reliably double, but that goes for a lot of people who don't start out so bad.

Once upon a time we used to justify using him because he was the "best" offensive mage, but that wouldn't have been a meaningful distinction even if it was true (and its not!).

He's still better than Lilina and Ray and Hugh, but if I want offensive magic I'll aircalibur with Cecilia or else use a promoted Saul.

#43 whase

whase

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

I'm really missing the high mag Lilina has whenever I use him. furthermore all around good early mage.
7.5/10

#44 Sunwoo

Sunwoo

This is the Monado's power!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:37 PM

바나나

:3

You're Korean? Because I could read that. :P:

To keep this on-topic, once again I haven't played FE6 so I can't rate Lugh. He ... kind of functions like Erk, though, doesn't he?

#45 Ether

Ether

Something something words

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

He isn't durable, his chip is mediocre due to low mag, he doesn't double without work, and even then he isn't worth it.

3.5/10 -1 Bias because goddamn shota bitch

2.5/10

#46 Hamlet

Hamlet

Now is the winter of our discontent.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hits craptastic RES, first non-healing MAG user in the game, doesn't get absolutely overkilled like Lilina.

Oh, yeah, he's Nino's son. +1.

6.75/10

#47 Raven

Raven

3DS FC: 2535 - 3850 - 1061

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

Lugh. He starts off pretty weak, but with some babying and kill-feeding, he has never really disappointed me. He does however have a tendency of getting screwed in important stats like Mag and Res. Defense and HP are crap also. However most enemies have zero res so he is always capable of doing some sort of damage, and maybe even doubling those armours to bring their HP down a good chunk from the safety of 2-range.

55%

#48 Titamon

Titamon

Soldier of Doom

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

The Lugh hate is strong.... Posted Image

Let Banana boy be great

#49 SB.

SB.

BADASS DINOSAUR

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

5/10

He kills armors, which are a pain, but he's sort of hard to raise. Once he gets going he's pretty good though.

#50 Bee

Bee

Bee

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

5/10

He is an ok unit, but not very durable. Has good growths (except for magic, which he needs) and comes at a good time. However, he is very very weak in his first few chapters and has to be babied in order to survive. Also, he tends to have poor magic growths in my games.

#51 eclipse

eclipse

Balcerzak

• Section Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:19 PM

I don't get this banana thing, but whatever.

Lugh's got the right affinity, but the wrong people to take advantage of it. His most viable supports are Ray's Ice (which helps Lugh's durability, but not his offense) and Chad's Thunder (which also doesn't help with damage output). He does recruit his brother, and hitting RES ain't too shabby in this game.

6.5/10 (bias point thrown in for his conversation with Miledy)

#52 Renall

Renall

The 14th Amendment Does Not Bar Dancer Discrimination

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

He's an average early unit who has the advantage of hitting RES, which pushes him over a little bit as he can chip some things inexpensively that otherwise require anti-Armor weapon use from Dieck or Marcus. Occasionally he can save you a use of those things which isn't terrible. Has decently quick supports with Ray and Chad, which is worth something if you use them (if nothing else, Chad appreciates the quick C when they're both seeing heavy use early on). However, I've never had him turn out too well on HM. Good? Yes. Or at least decent. But something about him always seems to turn up lackluster. His MAG growth is just average, his SPD growth is okay, and he has about the amount of HP you'd expect (not enough). Getting blessed in all three makes him a mainstay, but getting screwed in any one is a real problem and not impossible to see.

6/10

#53 Reinfleche

Reinfleche

The future comes one day at a time.

• Location:Walking through time because faith is for the transient people
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Gaiden

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

why the fuck is chad so high wow

4.5/10. He doesn't double reliably enough for his offense to really stand out, and he gets left behind because he has a horse. He's pretty much just magic chip damage, I guess.

#54 Star-Lord

Star-Lord

I don't learn. One of my issues.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

....Lugh has a horse?

#55 Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

We built Mute City on Rock and Roll

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

I don't get this banana thing, but whatever.

Im assuming it has to do with the bright yellow mage robe.

Lugh, that kid Nino popped out.

Pros:
Early game mage.
Decent growths.
Staff use upon promotion.

Cons:
Bad magic base.
Meh speed base.
Durability issues.

This kid isnt a bad unit. My failure of a previous run, he rocked things. His magic has a tendancy to be assy at times. But overall, Lugh is alright. 7/10

#56 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Ehh, 7/10.

If you can manage to train him earlier ingame, he can actually pwn his way through most of the rest of the game. He has good availability, and since you get him closer to the beginning, he doesn't need to be babied much. However, if you train Hugh for the small amount of time you have him, he ends up as a better endgame unit, in my experience.

But

Lugh's colors are so pwnage-ly bright.

#57 Fallenite

Fallenite

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:29 PM

As far as mages go, Lugh's pretty solid. From personal experience he's gotten to doubling within a few chapters from recruitment, he has had less than stellar Magic gains, but he's early chip and a clutch armor killer, which otherwise decimate Alan and Lance with horseslayers. I've always liked Anima magic, as well.

8.5/10 without bias because bias is just bad.

#58 Culpa

Culpa

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:39 PM

Chip damage at the start when its nice. One of your only early game units that can actually hurt armors. Good but not great evasion with very accurate 1-2 range attack. Can take A hit and rarely doubled. Can take two hits if he is over leveled. Hits resist which is great since it almost never grows. Bad speed base which makes him not double anything but armors until enemies weigh themselves down with steel. Bad Mag base with a 40% growth meaning he will not grow out of it, but gains 4 mag on promo so it becomes good. He can be leveled fairly safely early on if you sit him in a forest and tank hand axe fighters.

7/10 with one bias because i love magic users.

#59 Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson

Starfish Crusader

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

5/10. For all the talk about him being better than Lilina, in actuality, that doesn't seem to be the case, considering it takes him a good while for him to start doubling...

Lilina never doubles on average, though, except /maybe/ the slowest of things. And she has a lower base level. She has 20 spd at 20/20 and that ain't cutting it in FE6 especially since she won't be at 20/20 likely ever so on average her spd will be lower than that for the entire game.

I mean, I personally prefer Lilina to Lugh as I dislike Lugh a lot, but she does take a lot of babying to get going and I usually get pretty lucky with her speed so eh.

#60 Levant Caprice

Levant Caprice

Mad RF fan. And maybe mad in general due to Einst influence.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

Lilina never doubles on average, though, except /maybe/ the slowest of things. And she has a lower base level. She has 20 spd at 20/20 and that ain't cutting it in FE6 especially since she won't be at 20/20 likely ever so on average her spd will be lower than that for the entire game.

I mean, I personally prefer Lilina to Lugh as I dislike Lugh a lot, but she does take a lot of babying to get going and I usually get pretty lucky with her speed so eh.

True, but even though he is better than Lilina, is he THAT much better than her? I don't know... She does have a C rank to his D, which means she can instantly use the Elfire in her joining chapter, but...

Edited by Metal King Slime, 16 March 2012 - 09:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users