Photo

Anyone else worried about the u.s release ?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Helswath

Helswath

Because attack speed is overrated.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Yes, I'm worried. I like Nintendo's games, but NoA is a bunch of f***tards. Seriously. Read this.

After MOTHER3, Rainfall, FE12... Well, I guess they just don't want my money.

#42 H-Bastaki

H-Bastaki

Savvy?

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

well if they didn't announce anything by the end of 2012 then we must.....freak out!

but for now just chill guys :P

#43 Velth

Velth

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

so theatrhythm final fantasy is getting a summer release and it came out in february so if fire emblem comes to north america we'll hear about it at E3 so we get like a Q4 release (maybe europe will get it this summer or end of Q3 )

#44 Blademaster!

Blademaster!

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Rainfall

Aren't all those games being released in the U.S.A. now?

#45 Celice

Celice

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Yes, I'm worried. I like Nintendo's games, but NoA is a bunch of f***tards. Seriously. Read this.

After MOTHER3, Rainfall, FE12... Well, I guess they just don't want my money.

Because investing money into games that wouldn't turn a worthwhile profit is fucktard-worthy.

#46 The_Purple_Knight

The_Purple_Knight

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Gaiden

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Fe12 would have made a decent chunk of cash , with all the more main stream changes this game has it might make a crap load .

#47 Jediabiwan

Jediabiwan

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Because investing money into games that wouldn't turn a worthwhile profit is fucktard-worthy.

Yeah, this isn't one of those games that nintendo didn't waste (at least it would be in their eyes) money translating from Japanese. This is a game that will already be in english. Now I know there are a few games nintendo didn't release that came out in europe, but that list is much, much shorter.

#48 L95

L95

lol

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Gaiden

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Operation Emblemfall

I still have high hopes for this. I'll wait even if it comes out in EU first, to support teh series. or buy both, wasting money FTW

Edited by L95, 22 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#49 Othin

Othin

Trapped in Biden's time machine

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Did you read the list? Some of those stand out as appearing to require minimal if any investment: Mario and Wario, for example.

Edited by Othin, 22 March 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#50 Celice

Celice

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Did you read the list? Some of those stand out as appearing to require minimal if any investment: Mario and Wario, for example.

Marketing, employment of producers, translators, editors, production and manufacturing costs of cartridges, manual, and box--effort went into games that gave bigger dividends, from a projective-standpoint.

Mario & Wario is a pretty bland game. At the time, that would've been a bit of a cost to invest in, compared to something like Tetris or Dr. Mario, that already had recognizable audiences.

#51 Shun One

Shun One

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

To the person mentioning operation Rainfall, the only title yet to be announced for the US is Pandora's Tower.

For me, if they don't announce it at all this year, then I'll be concerned. Personally, I'm counting on an announce either at Nintendo's investor meeting or E3. The Ambassador Sacred Stones title for 3DS let's me know they haven't forgotten the franchise. Infact, the choice of Sacred Stones could be said as a way to warm players up to the idea's behind FE:A (world map, branched promotions).

#52 Bee

Bee

Bee

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

Well Rainfall actually only has one more game to get released (Pandora's Tower). They already got Xenoblade and The Last Story to come over so that means Nintendo may somehow listen. Also, Rainfall said that if FE13 isn't announced at E3, they are thinking of making it one of the games they try to bring over next.

#53 Jave

Jave

She came from Rainbow Road one night

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

I'm perfectly willing to bet my SerenesForest account that there will be confirmation of a US release before 2012 is over.

#54 Velth

Velth

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

if fe13 is going to be released in north america in 2012 it has to be announced in E3 or a summer nintendo direct(if they do one)if it doesn't all we can do is hope for 2013

Edited by Velth, 22 March 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#55 Shun One

Shun One

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

if fe13 is going released in north america in 2012 it has to be announced in E3 or a summer nintendo direct(if they do one)if it doesn't all we can do is hope for 2013

This. Though, the past few Nintendo Direct's have literally come out of no where.

#56 Velth

Velth

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

This. Though, the past few Nintendo Direct's have literally come out of no where.

true but through the last nintendo direct NoA's release schedule till the end of spring was revealed and e3 covers the summer/early fall releases and future projects so if we get a nintendo direct near the beginning of September we could see an late 2012 release like november/december which gives NoA more than enough time to localize it( april to december is enough time to localize it )

also since, in my opinion, the eu version will probably be out near the end of summer since it's already been announced for 2012 will probably help speed things up ( if they work together )

Edited by Velth, 22 March 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#57 Shun One

Shun One

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

I get where you're coming from. You're probably right about the timing of the next Nintendo Direct as well. Considering they have an investors meeting around that time, it's most likely they'll release another one to appease the rest of us.

I'd like to think they have both versions underway right now, but we'll see. If they do collaborate, I will be most pleased as it will lead to a speedier release

#58 Helswath

Helswath

Because attack speed is overrated.

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Well Rainfall actually only has one more game to get released (Pandora's Tower).

Yeah, I don't actually know anything about OR, so I just kinda threw that out there. My bad.

Also,

Mario & Wario is a pretty bland game.

I'd actually have to agree with this. I played it once, and it sucked.

A lot of the games Nintendo didn't localize in the past they had legitimate reasons not to. With MOTHER, the SNES was coming soon, and the market wasn't very big. (Actually, the market for FE probably wasn't very big in those days either.) Plus, the internet didn't exist--word didn't get out as quickly.

FE12 is a different story though. Also, MOTHER 3. Their loss, I guess, due to fan translations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users