Rate the Unit, Day 19: Zealot

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Lot: 5.40

Sue: 5.61

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Chad: 6.42

Saul: 7.18

Clarine: 7.78

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Rutger: 9.61

did NOT expect sue to be a controversial topic

@some of you, if you're on this list, kindly go here

リンダ

Edited by Integrity

Already edited my post if you don't mind...

But eh...

*shoots self with a .357*

ZEALOT!

What can we say about Zealot? Well, he's pretty at least usable; having a second Marcus isn't bad if you ask me. He has utility when he arrives; chipping in some potent damage so your lower leveled units can take it or... can join in your crazy rescue chain shenanigans and does not die to Horseslayers (Chapter 8, I AM LOOKING AT YOU!) unless that is in lategame; of course.

He starts to pale out by roughly around midgame (Etruria chapters says hi!); and that's nearing to the recruitment of our next prepromoted Paladin with WTF bases later on...

But still; again... Having a second Marcus isn't bad; and if you say he's bad; then you must be a mad horse hater or a prepromote hater.

Edited by Frostbite

Zealot is pretty good. He can help with rescuing Roy to the throne while other units (like Alance) can kill off enemies for EXP. He can hold his own for the Western Isle but he may start fading away in usefulness by Etruria, which isn't really bad considering your other units may have gone up to be better units. Its like there is one Marcus for the earlygame and another for midgame. But, since the chapters he's in are pretty damn important, He receives a good score.

7/10 + 1 for bias so 8/10 because his name starts with Z! and uhh hes got a hawt wife you know.

Edited by Racer

I like Zealot, as a character and as a unit. No his growths aren't pretty and his bases will quickly lose steam in Hard Mode if you aren't going for LTC. But I really do my best to bring the guy around. He has an alright affinity, since no one really needs more crit but the extra evasion and hit can't hurt, especially when using Axes. His support list actually grows pretty quickly and he can pretty much benefit from all the affinities (Wind, Anima, Light, Ice) by his nature as a paladin.

Unfortunately wont get good stat ups unless you RNG abuse the hell out of him, but what the hell I do it anyway

8/10 That's with a bias point. And now a picture of the Ilian Knights

[spoiler=picture]33w45ee.jpg

Edited by Onmi

I mentioned it in the other thread, I wasn't really giving her credit, actually making a crack at him also being Shin.

Zealot is a spare Marcus! He's pretty important on HM, since a lot of your guys are still weenies. I actually kept both in my squad until the end of the western isles. Zealot provides much needed support.

8/10

Marcus+, who shows up when you need him to. Who doesn't want another Jeigan?

Since Banzai's thread, I don't like him anymore.

Still, a respectable 8.25 from me.

Edited by Elieson

all he is to me is replacement for Marcus. taking over his Roy ferrying duties.

He gives the benefit of allowing a defensive unit to shuffle Roy around, while Zealot deals dmg (and vice versa), rather than Thany, who is pretty susceptable to pain.

Okay, I've come to an impasse WRT PKL, and I'm going to (uncharacteristically) consult the thread before I do anything rash.

I'm sorely tempted to not count his votes based on the principle that he hasn't even played FE6 on any difficulty, let alone HM. Theorycrafting is nice and all, but only to a point.

Help me, thread. Convince me if this is a bad idea.

oh shit

I have Zealot under both 7 and 8 on my list! now

now

now I don't know /what/ to do

I'm giving him a 7, because while he's good, he's not around for /that/ long, really. And his stats are kind of embarassing later. A 10/1 Tate beats him in most stats, for instance.

Integ, if he has done his research, then theorycraft should be acceptable. I mean, he isn't throwing our random numbers, they tend to fall within the median anyway.

2nd Marcus.

And fe6 HM isn't gentle like fe8/9 HM, and having a 2nd Marcus is always nice.

DID I REALLY FORGET TO POST MY DAMN VOTE?

anyways 8/10, clutch here.

Edited by The Insane One

Honestly, he fades out kind of quickly, as his bases tend to become insufficient faster than Marcus' do, but hey, he's good for a few chapters at the least, and is important for survival on his joining chapter. He also landed Yuno, which gets him some bias.

6.5 + .5 = 7/10

oh shit

I have Zealot under both 7 and 8 on my list! now

now

now I don't know /what/ to do

I'm giving him a 7, because while he's good, he's not around for /that/ long, really. And his stats are kind of embarassing later. A 10/1 Tate beats him in most stats, for instance.

Too lazy for reasoning today so I'll use this.

Except if I don't know what to give between 2 scores I just average them

so Zealot gets a 7.5 from me.

Also WRT PKL

While I personally stay away from rating units I've never used (like FE4 subs) I agree with Elieson in that as he did his research and his scores aren't outlandish, he should get the same treatment as everyone else---if the score's reasonable, take. If the reasoning is shitty, ask to revise.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

He's useful for roughly the same things Marcus is, and it's no shame to rely on him because he's quite handy. He's not around as long as Marcus is though, and has a similar role. Still, remains relevant in gettin' Roy to where he needs to go and punking the occasional dude. You may want to replace him with a flyer at some point, however.

7/10

Ive watched dondon's 0% growths run and have seen the main page's info on growths/bases and stuff. So I have an idea of who is good and who is not. But if you want to throw my votes away then sure.