Rate the Unit, Day 2: My Unit!

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Also: Since My Unit can have his/her class picked, Tell me what your favorite class is for My Unit. Your Favorite, Not the Best Class! Your option whether to say this or not!

Ah Yes, My Unit! The most broken character in the game...

I use her as a Female Sage to Utilize Aura and Nosferatu. My Unit's Growth's are amazing, His/Her bases are decent and you can even choose what they are like!

An easy 10/10 From Me

Averages:

Marth: 8.70

Edited by *Narshen*

My Unit. There's a reason the ladies call him a 10. Single-handedly destroys the prologue turn counts, best availability in the game, access to the h4x male physical classes, the ability to optimize growths, and the opportunity to be extremely flexible with gaining weapon ranks. MU can break early-mid-game even on Lunatic -- I'm afraid what he is capable of in H1, and for how long. Draco!MU could probably trash everything up to like reclaiming Altea, or beyond. There's nobody better in FE12...or frankly, even close.

10/10

My Unit is absolutely ridiculous. Stats and growths aren't *that* amazing, but his/her availability and chances for EXP leads to him/her being an absolute monster. I remember one time my (admittedly RNG blessed) MU was able to ORKO the chapter 2 boss with a steel sword, and no other enemy on the map was even capable of damaging him with a use of the Rainbow Potion. PEMN and all, but the point is that with a little bit of luck MU can trivialize the game. Without that luck MU is just the best unit on your team basically forever. 10/10

Its a 10/10 for MU here. He's broken, is more broken with RP use, and his/her contributions in Lunatic and Lunatic` are much more than whatever Seth or Haar do in their game's respective hard modes.

10/10

How can you give yourself anything else? Especially when you are the most broken unit in the game who can excel in every class and use every weapon, use horses/pegasus, and just be amazing?

I go male cavalier > hunter after prologue > sniper. This is not an optimal setup by any means. This is still a really fucking easy 10/10 to make.

You have to try really, really hard to make MU bad, and on H1 you're still going to fail even if you make a Female Archer MU or something. Growths are good, and MU has more experience gain opportunities than absolutely anybody. Assuming you actually try - and it would be stupid not to assume that - MU is just tops at whatever field you've thrown him/her into. And possibly many, many other fields, because MU has full access to Class Change and all the incredible versatility that goes with it. Level up as a Pirate, swap over to Dracoknight? Yup. Switch to Sniper, leverage that (probably) crazy offense? Yup. Turn your Cavalier into a Wrymslayer Swordmaster where necessary? Yup. Be a Mage with existent MAG and SPD and magic rape everybody? Yup. He/she does everything well if built right, or does one or two things better than anyone could possibly do them if built specifically.

And if you go whole hog min-max class-merge optimized male MU? Well let's just say the guy can go toe to toe on H3. On H1, it's not even going to be a contest how badly he stomps the game.

10/10. Anybody who says otherwise, especially on freaking H1, is insane or can't build a good MU.

As a joke, I started as a Myrmidon, then went Cavalier, then Pegasus Knight, and then nabbed an Elysian Whip and promoted to Falcoknight. I basically have a Swordmaster with wings who laughs at everything (she killed the ballista on Chapter 15 with a Spirit Dust and Levin Sword).

10/10

Yeah, the reclass rule should be gone. Its there to be used and some characters are a lot better when reclassed. Heck, ryan stops being so good in H1 if he suddenly cant become pirate/cavalier/hunter/dracoknight/pally/horseman. We should assume they are being used to their full potential. Anyway, onto My Unit: well, when you can go mage and still destroy the game, you know something is wrong. Has the best availability in the game, optimizable growths/bases, good weapon ranks coming out of prologue and is extremely amazing. I give MU a 10/10.

Best by far, it'd take the rainbow drop to get anyone as good or better than MU. Can fufill any role, has amazing growths and base stats to the point even early promoting him or her has them beat out most units by max level/end game while absolutely dominating the mid-game. Only Catria, Palla and Sirius are anywhere near as useful in H1.

10/10

Set it up right and it's ridiculously broken. Even if you fuck it up it's still a solid unit. Unless it's female mage. Fuck female mage MU, she's hard to use at the beginning.

Still, 10/10

Yeah, the reclass rule should be gone. Its there to be used and some characters are a lot better when reclassed. Heck, ryan stops being so good in H1 if he suddenly cant become pirate/cavalier/hunter/dracoknight/pally/horseman. We should assume they are being used to their full potential.

But then the only real thing people will be based on is availability and weapon ranks. Growths in this game are ridiculous and just about anybody can go cav/peg knight/cleric and start being incredibly useful.

Edited by Machis the Renegade Knight

Set it up right and it's ridiculously broken. Even if you fuck it up it's still a solid unit. Unless it's female mage. Fuck female mage MU, she's hard to use at the beginning.

Still, 10/10

But then the only real thing people will be based on is availability and weapon ranks. Growths in this game are ridiculous and just about anybody can go cav/peg knight/cleric and start being incredibly useful.

Reclassing still exists and I would guess Intelligent Systems put it there to be used. And besides, isnt the purpose of these threads figuring out how good a character is/can be? I dont like sandbagging units just because they all can go cleric or w/e. There are some who do curate/cleric better than others you know? For example, Yubello fails as a curate because of low staff rank and no mag at base. Yumina is a good cleric since she has good staff rank. Everyone being able to go cleric/curate does not mean everyone is automatically equal and that only availability matters...

Reclassing adds another layer of strategy. Sure, I can reclass Gordin to Pirate, but he'll be stuck with an Iron Axe for a very long time. If I leave him as an Archer, he'll be able to wield better weapons. Thanks to the throwing weapon nerf, archers are pretty damn good in this game.

I play reclass on a chapter-by-chapter basis. Like character x can be a myrm for this chapter, cav for the next, peg for the next next, and archer on the next next next because I need to shoot flying dragons.

Reclass is a part of the game, and banning it makes no sense whatsoever. If a person wants to rate them on reclass or no reclass, let the rater decide.