Site Update 3/29

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Othin

Othin

Trapped in Biden's time machine

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

My only gripe with the "pretending to be Marth" thing is that most people in the game don't know who Marth is, or know that Marth should be long dead. . . unless he/she thinks that their Marth, and they are not. . . still a girl pretending to be Marth would be more interesting. We can always use another awesome bifauxnen.

You mean like how no one in America knows who George Washington was? It's thoroughly established that Marth, the Hero King, is an important historical figure in FE13's setting.

As Shun said, the problem is entirely different. If some guy were to show up today claiming to be George Washington, it's not a matter of not knowing who Washington was or that he died two hundred years ago, but that he'd better have some damn good explanation and reasons in order to expect anyone to believe him.

Edited by Othin, 29 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#22 Geriba

Geriba

Watch out, this bad boy wants to burn down houses and he doesn&#

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

I just noticed something. Marth's voice actor isn't even trying to hide that she's a woman voicing a guy. Could it be that this Marth imposter is female?

I've heard this theory elsewhere, and I really don't buy it for a minute. Plenty of young adult males are voiced by female VAs, and frankly, I don't know where you're getting the idea that she's "intentionally" trying to make things seems gender-ambiguous.

You know what does make sense? Marth being a zombie. Red eyes -> mask -> suspicious.

#23 Othin

Othin

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

I've heard this theory elsewhere, and I really don't buy it for a minute. Plenty of young adult males are voiced by female VAs, and frankly, I don't know where you're getting the idea that she's "intentionally" trying to make things seems gender-ambiguous.

Female VAs can be capable of voices that sound less feminine as necessary to suit their characters. I've heard male characters sound that feminine or more, but only with a damn good reason.

#24 Reinfleche

Reinfleche

Courage

• Location:Chilling in the Lifestream because faith is for the transient people
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Gaiden

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:33 PM

Good growths - +20% to all growth rates when leveling up
Lightning Speed - act again after defeating an enemy (once per turn)

what the actual fuck
This game seems to have a lot of things that are just significantly more powerful than in other FEs. I mean damn, an assignable skill that does 4 times more than Afa's drops? How broken does this shit get?
And something that works similar to movement stars is back... Wow.

Edited by ♈Aradia Megido, 29 March 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#25 Othin

Othin

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

"Effective" doesn't have to mean "broken", just "relevant". Skills should matter - a lot - just as long as the game as a whole keeps them in check.

Speaking of skills, reading the new info Vincent added regarding the Change Seal system (need to be 10+ unpromoted to use it at all, 10+ promoted to access promoted classes), I'm going to withdraw my insistence that some skills will be class-tied. Let's say Gaia has Archer as a Change Seal option. In order to become a Lockpicking Archer, he'd first need to level up to LV10+, then either drop down back to LV1 as an Archer, setting him far back from a real promotion, or level up, promote normally, and then level up to being a LV10+ Assassin or Trickster in order to turn directly into a Sniper or a Horseman.

Meanwhile, for Callum to learn Lockpick as a Knight or a Priest, he'd need to get to LV10+, use a Change Seal to switch to Thief, level up to LV10+ again, use a Change Seal again, and be back at LV1 again, needing to get to the equivalent of LV30 in order to promote. To switch around directly from the promoted classes, he'd need to promote normally as a Knight, get to a LV10+ General, use a Change Seal, get to a LV10+ Assassin or Trickster, and then use another Change Seal to bring the abilities into one of his other promoted classes.

Either way seems like it would require enough work to earn what would function as a custom class, even if it's a weird custom class. All this leveling up needed certainly seems to thoroughly manage the Change Seals' effectiveness, such that they can only be used with care. It certainly cements them as a positive addition to the game.

Edited by Othin, 29 March 2012 - 03:54 PM.

#26 OldMan

OldMan

UnsympatheticEnd

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

what the actual fuck
This game seems to have a lot of things that are just significantly more powerful than in other FEs. I mean damn, an assignable skill that does 4 times more than Afa's drops? How broken does this shit get?

It isn't that absurd when you can just level forever, though.

#27 Shun One

Shun One

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

@ Othin: I agree. I was wondering on how the Change Seal would be handled and it seems this is one of the better methods. It may also, dare I say, give most of us who ignored bonus battles an extra incentive to go out of our way to gain that extra EXP. It seems this game will have some very diversified unit teams from player to player, and that is most certainly a good thing in my book.

Edited by Shun One, 29 March 2012 - 04:05 PM.

#28 Ciarre

Ciarre

sold my soul to the gay swimming devil

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

I just listened to Sumia's voice, and damn. I imagined her with a lot deeper voice... >___>

#29 Geriba

Geriba

Watch out, this bad boy wants to burn down houses and he doesn&#

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

It isn't that absurd when you can just level forever, though.

It will be for efficiency plays. Besides, I'm not sure I buy this argument. Final Fantasy Tactics, for example, has random battles, meaning that you can grind for JP if you'd like. Would you really argue that an item which gives you infinite JP with the press of a button isn't a "big deal"?

#30 Hikarasuman

Hikarasuman

aka most kawaii

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

Just a reminder before complaining about any skills they show off that you have no idea how often and on what they even show up. I mean, if it was like z2-1 where you could give every unit Continuous Action for 300 PP that might be a bit ridiculous, but that probably isn't how it's going to work.

Edited by R-1 X Valhawk, 29 March 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#31 grandjackal

grandjackal

u mad breh?

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:36 PM

Haven't we learned by now that growths hardly matter in the long run in an efficient mindset? Besides, a lot of this game seems to be more in skill builds. Sort of a play to a character's strengths deal. So, this skill Good Growths would be good on someone with a relatively fast leveling speed since they would actually benefit from this skill within the year. On a trainee like Donny who if he's like an FE8 trainee will level like every 3 hits or 3-4 every 5 kills, then he could reap a benefit in a map or 2.

That is of course assuming that Donny has good growths already under that, or good base stats in tandem to his base level. If not, well then that kinda defeats the purpose.

Edited by grandjackal, 29 March 2012 - 11:37 PM.

#32 Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson

Starfish Crusader

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:45 PM

From the magazine scan, looks like Donny's bases are shit. But since apparently joins really early and is level -9 (unless IS is crazy enough to make him 20 levels of villager or something) pretty much, it might not be /terrible/ for his level and he might actually benefit a lot if it came early enough.

#33 pegasusmage

pegasusmage

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Is the read head girl with the spear Taimo?

Everything is looking great !
Does anyone have a name for the girl with pale skin dressed in black?

#34 grandjackal

grandjackal

u mad breh?

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

From the magazine scan, looks like Donny's bases are shit. But since apparently joins really early and is level -9 (unless IS is crazy enough to make him 20 levels of villager or something) pretty much, it might not be /terrible/ for his level and he might actually benefit a lot if it came early enough.

Uhhh...What scan would that be?

Is the read head girl with the spear Taimo?

Everything is looking great !
Does anyone have a name for the girl with pale skin dressed in black?

It's all on the main site. Speaking of which, I should look for my scan here.

#35 Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson

Starfish Crusader

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Thracia 776

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

http://serenesforest...img/290312B.jpg
In this week's updates. Midway down the page on the right hand side. Roughly says something along the lines of "starts worse than average (aka shitty bases), but what about his potential...?"

I mean look at that tiny chart

Edited by Luminescent Blade, 30 March 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#36 grandjackal

grandjackal

u mad breh?

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/290312B.jpg
In this week's updates. Midway down the page on the right hand side. Roughly says something along the lines of "starts worse than average (aka shitty bases), but what about his potential...?"

I mean look at that tiny chart

Would be nicer to have actual numbers, but I should have figured nothing solid was out on him yet.

#37 Othin

Othin

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:12 AM

Those aren't his character bases; they're his class bases. His class bases are all 0, which just means that he'll gain huge promotion gains when he finally reaches LV10, since stat changes from changing classes are equal to the difference between the two classes' base stats. For example, from the Cavalier's stat wheel shown with Sol in one of the earlier scans, we can see that it has these base stats:

Str: 6
Mag: 0
Skl: 5
Spd: 6
Def: 7
Res; 0

What this means is that those stats will be added directly to Donny's own stats when he promotes, at least for whichever class he promotes into. His own base stats are almost certainly higher; they could be pretty much anything, but they're probably still pretty bad. Regardless, the video shows him leveling up LV5 --> LV6 in Ch2, so it's unlikely he starts at less than LV4 or so. So that promotion isn't far away.

#38 pegasusmage

pegasusmage

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:27 AM

It's all on the main site. Speaking of which, I should look for my scan here.

You see I can't read Japanese.............
Ive seen the main site which is why I'm asking so………

#39 grandjackal

grandjackal

u mad breh?

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:33 AM

You see I can't read Japanese.............
Ive seen the main site which is why I'm asking so………

I meant THIS site. As in Serenesforest.net

#40 pegasusmage

pegasusmage

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:06 AM

I meant THIS site. As in Serenesforest.net

Oh...... Sorry
Bit of a blonde moment…………

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users