Rate the Unit, Day 3: Luke

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Luke... Not so crazy about this guy. He has good bases to get through the Prologue and has decent Potential. I shall give him a 7.5, including the -1 point bias because i despise his personality!

Averages:

Marth: 8.70

My Unit: 9.99

Hahahahahaha, i kicked the perfect ten out of everyones face. xD

Anyway, luke, he has better bases than rody, has prologue, and even when untrained is still pretty clutch when not trained, he catches up quickly, gets great classes. 8.8

He does alright. I guess he'd prefer his weapon ranks switched, but the elevated sword rank means he's that much closer to Armorslayer. His stats will usually turn out decent. Just. . .don't give him a staff or a book.

8/10

Having a better sword rank allows him to use steel swords. He might want to use them in chapter 1 because of all the axemen around. He can reclass to pirate for the ridiculous growths and for seawalking in chapter 3. Hes a very good unit with a lot availability. 9/10

I actually think it's a good thing that Luke has a better sword rank. There are so many good units in this game that use primarily lances and competition for Dragonpikes in particular is fierce.

I agree with dondon here; he can make good use of the wyrmslayer, which is all too unused. His sword rank is also nice because his growths as a SM are nice -- good SPD growth while not having a bad STR growth. Anyways, on to my rating:

I like Luke as a unit. Personally, I think he's the best of the three initial Altean cavs, with better bases with Rody (more of a big deal in H3 than H1, honestly) and usually equal or better growths in stats that matter, IIRC. Cecille can give him a run for his money (largely because she's a female, which gives her Lady Sword access for silver sword offense in early chapters and without needing B swords, and because she has access to the Falcoknight promotion, which lends itself well to a sword user), especially in H1 where her durability loss compared to Luke doesn't mean you're struggling to keep her out of OHKO range much more than him. Luke does decent as a cavalier but works better imo as a myrm or a merc, which allows him to reliably double; his high personal STR growth means he doesn't suffer the way some FE myrms with poor STR growth do (Guy, for example) -- it's easy enough to get him C swords for those neat early killing edges and the Wo Dao, or B swords for that amazing Master Sword you get from C11. And he always does decent going back to cav when you need higher MOV or to pad his already decent durability.

He has the third best availability in the game (tied with Rody), which means plenty of opportunity to grow sword rank/level, and honestly he doesn't have any crippling weaknesses in H1, which is always nice. So I think I can justify a:

9/10

MU got higher than Sigurd what

I shouldn't be surprised but

anyway

Yeah, Luke's a masculine man with the hair to match. And ... the sword rank? I guess? Anyway, he's a powerful swordfighter, and one of the best myrmidons in the series due to his tanky personal stats. A solid 9/10, 9.5/10 after bias.

The better of the cavaliers. Has Prologue for some experience, which is nice to pack in for him alongside MU. Good class, good Sword rank to start allowing for Steel Swords, good growths, and he class changes pretty well if you want to do that. But even if you don't, he's very solid for most of the game.

9/10

MU got higher than Sigurd what

I shouldn't be surprised but

anyway

only because darros is a truculent jackass who rates lex more than sigurd

Anyway Luke is pretty rad.

He's good at swords which are a lot less competed for than lances, so he can go to town with that and he's got most of the game to utilize his rather good growths. I don't think a 9/10 is unreasonable.

Luke is a useless Replica who over the story evaluates the meaning of human life and his life, while starting off as a complete jackass, he grows and tries to become a better person and eventually-

Oh wait, FE Luke.

Ah...

7/10

Doubling issues >_>

Luke's a bit of a tool, but he's harmless for the most part.

Luke having a better starting sword rank is a good thing btw because axe users are common in this game and he can get access to Master Sword, Wyrmslayer, and Armorslayer, which are pretty epic. Pretty flexible in Reclassing too.

9/10