Rate the Unit Day 1: Marth

13th

Yeah, FE11 feels lonely.

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Rating to come

Edited by 13th

Marth iz boss. Average move and pretty much always gets the boots.

Not mounted which sucks, and a slow start, prone to rng hurt, but still all around average, especially with Rapier and all the enemy mounts. That is, until

Falchion!!!

Then murderfaces manaketes and feeds off of their innards.

A well deserved 6.75, including a .25 bias, for wearing a tiara and pulling it off.

Also, he visits villages. What do we rate that for?

Edited by Elieson

Without the prologue, Marth's offense is pretty underwhelming at the start, he never really can catch up to the other guys. He just lacks the durability and damage output to help too much. Still, the rapier is his, and he can do stuff with it.

5/10 - He was better when he was pantsless.

Marth is a decent fighter and he can use the rapier and Falchion as well as open chests and is the only one who can visit villages and is needed for throne capturing. If only he could go to lv 40

7/10

because he gets really good with a couple good level ups

Without prologue, his start is really bad. He doesnt double and does like, chip damage at best. Chip damage that he takes counters from, mind you. I guess he has rapier utility and is needed to be used obviously. 5/10

He gets the Rapier all to himself, and that thing can be forged. It's not particularly hard for him to catch up, and once he does, he's decent.

7.5/10

EDIT: The reason why is because enemies in H2 have more offense, but their defense doesn't get the same amount of treatment. Thus, weapon forging, especially the effective weapons, will help a lot in the long run.

Edited by eclipse

H2, huh. Oh, Marth isn't all that bad then. Swordlock and all but he does have Rapier and that's forgable and buyable. H2 isn't all that hard so the enemies aren't gonna rape him to death if he faces a few of them. 6.5/10

Forge Rapier & Profit. And there's multiple rapiers! His worst stat is skill, which is a joke.

8/10 because his start sucks

Each PRO is +1 point, each CON is -1 point

PROS

- Villages

- BIAS Has a personality, unlike the remaining 97% of the Shadow Dragon cast

- Rapier

- Goes Murderface with Falchion

- Give him a forged rapier ASAP, and he'll go BAHAHAHAHA for a while.

- Compared to a large number of lords (Micaiah, Lyn, Eliwuss, Roy...) surprisingly good DEF

CONS

- Lack of promotion aspects, but an additional 10 levels so it's not all bad.

- Swordlock

- Low SKL

So, that all adds up to...3/10.

Each PRO is +1 point, each CON is -1 point

PROS

- Villages

- BIAS Has a personality, unlike the remaining 97% of the Shadow Dragon cast

- Rapier

- Goes Murderface with Falchion

- Give him a forged rapier ASAP, and he'll go BAHAHAHAHA for a while.

- Compared to a large number of lords (Micaiah, Lyn, Eliwuss, Roy...) surprisingly good DEF

CONS

- Lack of promotion aspects, but an additional 10 levels so it's not all bad.

- Swordlock

- Low SKL

So, that all adds up to...3/10.

You do realize this is H2, right?

Yes...and? H2 isn't that bad. If it was H3-5, then he'd probably be somewhere in the negatives due to always being in a saddlebag somewhere.

How do you saddlebag in fe11 again?

6.5/10

No horse, no promotion, and is swordlocked. However, he has the Falchion and is the only one who can visit villages (or finish any chapter for that matter).

^this. And his bases are annoying(well I could say that about every char in C1 except Jagen and Caeda now)

How do you saddlebag in fe11 again?

Whenever I say saddlebag, I mean stuck in the middle of freaking nowhere behind a wall of useless meatshields. Years of FE9/10 have made me immune to not using the word.

a better way to implement that system would be to start it from 5 instead of from 0 (5 is "utterly average" because last i checked if you have an equal number of pros and cons you are not "absolute garbage")

not to mention that negative votes don't exist

and you can use saddlebag as it's defined in fe9/10 it's called "rescue ike with titania/haar and rush the seize point"

perhaps you're looking for the word "sandbag"

Anyway.

He's decent. He visits villages. He's a foot unit. He's nothing special.

5/10

Yeah, FE11 feels lonely.

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Rating to come

May want to fix this rule if you are going to Start and End it around 1300 to 1400. I noticed you copied the template from my FE12 RTU!

He is a meh unit, to be honest. He can become decent when trained but he is nothing special!

I shall give him a 7.25/10! No Bias!

He's decent. He's decent all around the board except in Skill and obviously Resistance.

Personal experience doesn't count typically, but he can end up on the lower speed side.

Meh, 6/10.