• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:21 AM

Post*

#722 Kaoz

Kaoz

Mr. Elite

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Bizz/Shinori didn't mean the "gift" thing literally?

Well, what do you think it is then?

#723 Shinori

Shinori

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:46 AM

I used my djinn on her which resets the djinn cooldown of whoever i use it on, which means it allows someone to use their djinn two cycles in a row.

#724 Iris

Iris

hi

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

1. Do you think we should lynch Manix this cycle?
2. Assuming we couldn't lynch Manix, who would you lynch this cycle?
3. Do you think Spike getting kidnapped by Rapier makes him more likely town/mafia?

1. Not in particular. We could lynch him next phase if he continues to act up and

2. I'm suspicious of Snike, mostly. I think we should have lynched him over Rapier last cycle, subbing be damned. After him, eclipse, and then Joshua. I guess while I'm at it, I have little to none / neutral opinions on Kay / Strawman -- could possibly go either way. Spike's true neutral. BBM and Shinori seem town to me.

Oh, and:

##Vote: Snike

3. No opinion; Rapier was suspicious of Spike C1 and Rapier is town.

#725 Iris

Iris

hi

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

1. Not in particular. We could lynch him next phase if he continues to act up and

my computer hates me and decided to post this without me finishing. I feel like we could do better by lynching someone else scummier, but whatever.

#726 eclipse

eclipse

Balcerzak

• Section Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Shadow Dragon

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Apparently, if I'm not leading everything, I am scummy. Thanks, everyone.

Shinoriplzstopvolunteeringinfokthx.

I'm in a. . .different role this game. I'm still trying to figure out how to leverage it properly. Maybe I'll get more inspiration when I'm actually awake.

#727 Snike

Snike

Chicago Secretary

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

What is with me and my wonky scumdar as of late? I mean, Touhou OC, KRRM, and now this. I still have to trust it, but, >_<
I earnestly believe that he is an excellent option to hang this cycle, if only because I find it highly unlikely that the mafia would get a redirection/roleblocking role and a jack role with a roleblock as an option. Djinns be damned, seeing as whoever the hell is post restricting is almost certainly not town-aligned. :/
2. Assuming we couldn't lynch Manix, who would you lynch this cycle?
Iris, IMO. This may sound like an OMGUS, but with all due respect, I feel that she's using the pending sub request as an excuse to both be inactive and slip under the scumdar. The fact that she isn't backing up her opinions with these nice things called explanations doesn't help her case.
3. Do you think Spike getting kidnapped by Rapier makes him more likely town/mafia? I don't think that it makes him any particular alignment. What I think is that Rapier's kidnap was a very poorly-thought out move by the player, which hampered our chance to gain deeper reads on Spike. I would go on, but I imagine that the SF Mafia community would rather not have to read a stream of profanities.

Anyways,
##Vote:Manix

Avoiding the OMGUS accusations. For now.

#728 fuccboi

fuccboi

Queer Catboy Love Triangle Disaster!!!

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

It's been a toughish week. Yeah. I didn't actually read much of C2, so I asked for a recap. I'm sorry, bros :/
Also, had a rugby match earlier today. I'm fucking devastated. I need to get some rest and I'll probably come back and reread later.
I think at this rate I'll need a sub. Gah.

#729 Kay

Kay

Journey before destination

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

Well, what do you think it is then?

I used my djinn on her which resets the djinn cooldown of whoever i use it on, which means it allows someone to use their djinn two cycles in a row.

I know it's easy to say so now, but that was exactly what I had guessed.

I earnestly believe that he is an excellent option to hang this cycle, if only because I find it highly unlikely that the mafia would get a redirection/roleblocking role and a jack role with a roleblock as an option. Djinns be damned, seeing as whoever the hell is post restricting is almost certainly not town-aligned. :/

Now why on earth would Manix claim Reviver, when he wasn't really in much danger, as mafia? A few people said he would be a good lynch for the next day, but I'm pretty certain he wouldn't actually have been lynched based on C1 stuff. If he was actually a Mafia Reviver, yeah, that would make some sense, but then why wouldn't his role have worked? He would know he'd be likely to get lynched if he didn't do anything. There would be no good reason for a townie to block/redirect him that I can think of, unless it was to redirect him to Prims just in case of that crazy scenario of him reviving Marth. (If some townie actually did mess with Manix, please say something.) There's no way he would be scum who just claimed Reviver and did nothing.

Also, I just realized how insane that Marth-revival situation is. Why would Manix claim if he was gonna revive Marth? I know he's a noob, but he's not brain-dead. Maybe he would be lynched if he didn't claim, yeah. But he'd still be able to claim if people started voting for him, and he would be dead for sure if he revived Marth after claiming that way. Sure, maybe the numbers would make reviving Marth a good strategy even if it revealed Manix and we could just lynch both of them. But there's no good reason why Manix wouldn't have at least tried to stay quiet in that case.

I know I'm at fault for not seeing how absurd this was before, but now I'm kinda suspicious of everyone who actually argued that this would happen. Noobs I understand. But Kaoz, I want a really good explanation of why you think this makes sense.

##Unvote
(Spike)

##Vote: Kaoz

Spike, my vote is going back to you later if you don't either post more or actually sub out.

Also, anyone else think we should get some of the scummy people to claim characters? Maybe Manix too, since I doubt it can make him any more of a target than he already is.

#730 fuccboi

fuccboi

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Is nobody willing to give me just a really short recap on C2? Please, bros.

#731 Snike

Snike

Chicago Secretary

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Now why on earth would Manix claim Reviver, when he wasn't really in much danger, as mafia? A few people said he would be a good lynch for the next day, but I'm pretty certain he wouldn't actually have been lynched based on C1 stuff. If he was actually a Mafia Reviver, yeah, that would make some sense, but then why wouldn't his role have worked? He would know he'd be likely to get lynched if he didn't do anything. There would be no good reason for a townie to block/redirect him that I can think of, unless it was to redirect him to Prims just in case of that crazy scenario of him reviving Marth. (If some townie actually did mess with Manix, please say something.) There's no way he would be scum who just claimed Reviver and did nothing.

Bold: So he claims this power role that's pretty amazing, but mysteriously 'fails' whenever he can prove it. So, if we believe him, we can't lynch him due to the factor of bringing back the dead. Thus, we lynch other people. Which is exactly what the mafia wants.

Now, here's my theory of what happened. Manix is not actually a reviver, and just claimed roleblocked to last longer. The reason he did this was for WIFOM purposes. Namely, to bring up comments like the one bolded. I mean, apparently we now have three methods of revival, if we are to believe Spike and Manix. I find it highly likely that one or the other is lying.

#732 Kaoz

Kaoz

Mr. Elite

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:49 PM

If he was actually a Mafia Reviver, yeah, that would make some sense, but then why wouldn't his role have worked? He would know he'd be likely to get lynched if he didn't do anything.

So he claimed reviver and didn't do anything, and that's why he has 10 votes on him right now... oh wait, he doesn't.

Why would Manix claim if he was gonna revive Marth?

Why would he claim at all? It's a bad move regardless of how you look at it. Although that brings up an interesting point. As I explained before, I find it unlikely that, based on what we know, he would get blocked (so either roleblocked or safeguarded) without getting any actual flavour like Prims did, which would leave the redirect as possibility. Now you said yourself that a townie wouldn't do that, hence it would have to be an anti town role... this makes me wonder though why they would redirect him to an invalid target as opposed to Marth.

I know I'm at fault for not seeing how absurd this was before, but now I'm kinda suspicious of everyone who actually argued that this would happen. Noobs I understand. But Kaoz, I want a really good explanation of why you think this makes sense.

Specify what exactly you want me to elaborate on please.
If it's the thing reviving Marth thing, you just said yourself that it might have been a good idea even if it revealed two mafia (although you could argue about redirectors again), and claiming a strong role like that certainly is a good way to make sure power roles like a Doctor aren't elsewhere. We don't know how the situation is and in my opinion it would be foolish not to consider cases like that, unlikely as they may be.

#733 Kaoz

Kaoz

Mr. Elite

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

this makes me wonder though why they would redirect him to an invalid target as opposed to Marth.

Actually Martyr would be a possibility I guess.

#734 Snike

Snike

Chicago Secretary

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Actually Martyr would be a possibility I guess.

Why the fuck would a martyr be on Prims' corpse?

#735 Kay

Kay

Journey before destination

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

Why would he claim at all? It's a bad move regardless of how you look at it. Although that brings up an interesting point. As I explained before, I find it unlikely that, based on what we know, he would get blocked (so either roleblocked or safeguarded) without getting any actual flavour like Prims did, which would leave the redirect as possibility. Now you said yourself that a townie wouldn't do that, hence it would have to be an anti town role... this makes me wonder though why they would redirect him to an invalid target as opposed to Marth.

Specify what exactly you want me to elaborate on please.
If it's the thing reviving Marth thing, you just said yourself that it might have been a good idea even if it revealed two mafia (although you could argue about redirectors again), and claiming a strong role like that certainly is a good way to make sure power roles like a Doctor aren't elsewhere. We don't know how the situation is and in my opinion it would be foolish not to consider cases like that, unlikely as they may be.

But it's a worse move as mafia. He said wanted to clear himself by reviving Prims, and didn't want to deal with a counterclaim. This kinda makes sense. I mean, it's not great, but he is new. Why would he claim as mafia if he was going to revive Marth? I just said myself that reviving Marth might have been a good idea even if got him lynched, yeah, but why would he claim right away if he was going to revive someone other than Prims? It's also reasonably likely that roles like a Doctor would target someone else to WIFOM, and keeping them off of townies wouldn't be worth claiming a role like that and then being unable to prove it. Considering cases like that? Sure, great, it's good to do that. Trying to lynch someone based on them? That sounds pretty foolish to me.

#736 BBM

BBM

not just a pretty face

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

It's possible that the person didn't have the ability to choose who it would be redirected at.

#737 Iris

Iris

hi

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

Boy, this Manix business is confusing.

Can someone tell me what a Martyr does?

Also, anyone else think we should get some of the scummy people to claim characters? Maybe Manix too, since I doubt it can make him any more of a target than he already is.

I think this is a good idea. Actually, I was going to suggest for a mass-character claim, but I think Kay's idea works better. BTW, I think it was Kaoz who suggested the 10 town / 5 mafia, but it's probably more likely that it's 10 / 4 / 1 or 11 / 4, since (my Golden Sun canon knowledge is pretty good, but someone else more familiar like BBM can clarify), but there are four guardians IIRC? IDK why he was talking numbers in the first place, but just wanted to point that out for those not familiar with Golden Sun canon.

#738 BBM

BBM

not just a pretty face

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

When you say character claim, you mean the name of the character, and not the role, right? I'm okay with the former.

Yes, there are 4 Guardians in GS. Initially, it didn't make sense to me how all 4 could be Guardians with the 8 playable Adepts and the 4 antagonistic ones, but upon seeing that even Hamma was a character, I think Proto just picked and chose which Adepts he wanted to use to make up the Town, which means that there can be any number of them.

#739 fuccboi

fuccboi

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

I know fuckall about Golden Sun. Hahah.

Anyway, about the Manix business. I think voting him would be silly. He did claim he would revive Prims at almost the start of the cycle (which was incredibly stupid btw ಠ_ಠ) so the mafia had tons of time to react and might have done something about it. I'm not too sure though. Apparently he got no feedback on what happened?

Also, I'm confused about the Kaoz business. Did something notable happen with him at C2?

#740 Iris

Iris

hi

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:56 PM

When you say character claim, you mean the name of the character, and not the role, right? I'm okay with the former.

Yes, there are 4 Guardians in GS. Initially, it didn't make sense to me how all 4 could be Guardians with the 8 playable Adepts and the 4 antagonistic ones, but upon seeing that even Hamma was a character, I think Proto just picked and chose which Adepts he wanted to use to make up the Town, which means that there can be any number of them.

Yes. For future reference character means the name --- role claim is the role. :) I was going to suggest a mass character claim, but obviously having the most scummiest people character claim first is smarter. Thanks for confirming, I agree -- it's probably the four guardians, and then random adepts.

@Spike: Kaoz is apparently the one who pushed for a Manix lynch hard or something and had some weird numbers for town vs mafia or something. But mostly the former. At least that's what I remember from C2.