Rate the Unit, Day 2: Edward

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Micaiah: 6.5

Well Eddy is the first Myrmidon you get and he comes with Wrath, the second hardiest of the early Dawn Brigade. Stick Cancel on him in 1-4 to increase his hardiness, And he thankfully has dibs on the Wind Sword for distance damage.

I'll say... 7.5/10, Though I'm not too hot on Hard Mode so my ratings may be off, I'll probably adjust them mid-thread.

Max availability, Caladbolg, and good growths without a jeigan to keep him from being used, Eddie is good.

A rocky start, but the Wet Tissue Brigade all is anyway, bar the 2nd half of em.

He's pretty good. But if you fall behind in the DB you're doomed in hard mode. Just hope his first few levels are good so that he can keep up, and while he's strong fir a Myrm, he's even frailer than most of them.

8/10

Edited by Serious Bananas

I'm sure someone will make that joke, so I won't.

Edward is a unit that needs some favoring and generosity to level, but he at least pays it off with good offense, something the DB can be sorely lacking at times. Wrath is handy early on (because he will be taking hits, and exploiting Wrath can make some kills much easier), and his good growths allow for some early promoting if necessary to keep ahead of the curve without massively gimping him by third tier.

Pretty handy in Part 1, decent in Part 3, kind of your average Swordmaster/Trueblade come Part 4. He does what he needs to do though. Problem is that if he falls behind, like most of the DB, he's going to have a hell of a time catching up and becoming useful again. That's a disadvantage that pretty much only the DB has, unfortunately. Shame.

Also his support's kinda weak but hey, he could use the Defense so you may as well slap him together with somebody.

6/10

He looks good on paper, but in practice, he's rather mediocre, especially if his speed can't keep up. He's undeniably clutch for the first chapter and probably needs two procs to keep on doubling everything in the second chapter (and by then he's running into plenty of enemies who cleanly 2HKO him if he doesn't proc enough HP and DEF); he's much better in the easier modes, but Hard Mode really slams him hard with its mechanics changes. 4/10

A great offensive character. But -for being not well defensive and being hard to train and have to baby which u don't have to do with Zihark at all. Also the only Swordmaster to get pathetic Res which u need alot of towards the end of the game. He just will only unravel his usefulness until Part 4...unless u bonus EXP abuse his Res. His personnel weapon is a plus though to give him a boost in more dodge and having chances at searching for treasure. He also will compete in getting a Master Seal too. With his good Physical defenses after enough growing makes him worthy of getting one of the seals. It is suggested to pair him with Zihark to give him more dodge if u want to really use him beyond Part III. But he just won't be any good in the final three chapters in the game. I would advise to bench him after the BK battle to save alot of headaches. Because those Whisps and Asura, Sephy and Dhgesie will clean him out so easily. Since their attacks hits every character on the map. I doubt if putting him on a Mag defending tile will save him. The AI will just love to target him for his low Res. So...

3/10

Edited by リンダ

Edward is pretty okay.

He needs constant Speed levelups to keep up with the enemies and with the low exp-gain in hard mode this is already a problem. The fact that axe users hit him pretty reliable and 2-RKO him makes his enemy phase pretty bad.

If he does get through I'dd imagine he's a pretty solid unit that can wreak some havoc among the enemy lines. To get there he'll need to be babysat and fed exp leaving the options for your other team members pretty low. You'll probably have to go with just Eddy/Nolan/Jill leaving the others behind.

Enfin, he's probably one of the better members of the Derp brigade.

7/10

A great offensive character. But -for being not well defensive and being hard to train and have to baby which u don't have to do with Zihark at all. Also the only Swordmaster to get pathetic Res which u need alot of towards the end of the game. He just will only unravel his usefulness until Part 4...unless u bonus EXP abuse his Res. His personnel weapon is a plus though to give him a boost in more dodge and having chances at searching for treasure. He also will compete in getting a Master Seal too. With his good Physical defenses after enough growing makes him worthy of getting one of the seals. It is suggested to pair him with Zihark to give him more dodge if u want to really use him beyond Part III. But he just won't be any good in the final three chapters in the game. I would advise to bench him after the BK battle to save alot of headaches. Because those Whisps and Asura, Sephy and Dhgesie will clean him out so easily. Since their attacks hits every character on the map. I doubt if putting him on a Mag defending tile will save him. The AI will just love to target him for his low Res. So...

NM

6/10

HM

3/10

Heh, Id say hes better in the last 3 maps if anything. Vague Katti and doubles Auras. Res really doesnt matter that much in this game. Specially since mage enemies are so uncommon. And its not like his RES is THAT bad. Your vote for NM is too low, he deserves like, a 9/10 there, not like it matters since this is not NM.

He tends to have a lot of trouble in HM due to non-existent WTA and getting 2HKO'd by axes. As well as a shaky spd base (he needs constant spd procs to keep doubling). If he can get out of his earlygame rut, hes ok for the rest of the game. He needs a lot of babying to get there though.

7/10

Ahh Edward. That guy in the Dawn Brigade that has like, no backstory.

Pros:

High speed because myrm.

Innate Wrath for some murder.

Decent growths.

Prof weapon later on.

Cons:

Bit of a rough start.

Can get outclassed by Zihark.

Edwardovich is actually one of the better DB characters. Hes got room to grow and can be a bit of a spammer. Caladbolg is pretty sweet too. Plus he blocks shit with his face! he gets pretty quick. However, Zihark happens and Edward may or may not be able to match him. He isnt a bad endgame character if you raised him. I dunno i dont really have much of an opinion of Edward. I can take him or leave him. But overall he gets:

6.5/10.

7/10 He has a great personal weapon, fantastic growths , wrath and early access to a nice support with Nolan . However, he has awful durability until well into second tier . He's never quite dodgy enough to have reliable avoid and he's defense is mediocre, and without the relief of the weapon triangle he just gets wrecked early on . Once his growths kick in he does fortunately turn into an acceptable unit . Sadly hard mode isn't forgiving to units who require babying and it will take alot of resources and time for Edward to shine . +1 bias point

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

He's vital for the early Dawn Brigade chapters, but if he doesn't get good levels he's going to be getting hit HARD by the start of chapter 2 and may not be able to double anymore. Support him with Nolan and you can negate his defense problems and he does get Caladbolg to help out in Part 3. Like the rest of the Dawn Brigade he has trouble keeping up XP wise and is a pain to take to Endgame.

Edward gets a 5/10 from me with a negative Bias point because I really don't like his personality

7.5/10

When I am playing NM, he may possibly be my favorite swordmaster. Not that great in HM though. His main problem is he likes blocking axes with his face in the beginning, but his growths help fix that. He also supports Nolan which helps. And he has a personal sword.

7/10

Try soloing 1-P without Edward ^^' Miccy will at least need the dracoshield for the boss. He's also very useful for many maps even in part 3 he's useful with minimal tasks as a scrub but all of DB can be because their slots aren't in competition for part 3. Eddie is one of DB's easier to train units and he can hold his own, on hard mode he's outclassed by Zihark ^^'.

I wanted to vote for Miccy ^^' I would of given her an 8/10 because she's always useful

Edited by Queen_Emelina

Goddamnit I missed the Micaiah vote.

Ok, so Eddie. He's one of the best sword users. He comes early, has good stats, wrath, and a personal weapon. He can claim most skills easily, and is crucial in earlygame HM. He gets faded later on, but he's still very important and can still function in mid and lategame.

7/10

Ah, Edward. One of my favourite chars in RD.

His offense is darn good and his durability is pretty bad until like, halfway thru 2nd tier. Nolan support REALLY helps him a lot, and he and Nolan are better units to train... I think only Jill really has better usage. If Edward reaches SM! by part 3, things start to get awesome with Caladbolg. In fact his only major problem is earlygame, where he needs constant spd procs to double.

7.5 + 1 for bias, 8.5/10