Rate the Unit, Day 3: Leonardo

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Edward: 6.316

Micaiah: 6.5

Someone who almost isn't debatable.

lol in Spd

Great Res though and a fair amount of Str. Mostly will only chip than to finish off his enemies. Unless u bonus EXP abuse him. Lughnasadh is the only way that he is going to keep from getting doubled in Part III. Even if u seriously use him. If your going to seriously use him, he should have that bow along with the Brave Bow. In Part IV, your already going to have Rolf/Shinon surpass him. Might as well go with them at that point. Honestly for Leo, if your going to try to use him in this part. Then better give Leo your Spd Wings; and bonus EXP abuse him.

So.....

3.5/10

Edited by リンダ

2/10, almost completely worthless despite how he oft winds up good for me, worthless compared to Shinon/Rolf, but at least he can chip in the DB chapters, and plug those pegs in 1-6

Edited by Onmi

Lebronardo, almost a bro.

Let's see, archer syndrom with like, no spd. No thanks. Lugh bow is nice to have in part 3 though. Beastfoe can make him almost usable, though everyone else wants it iirc.

Obligatory free archer can chip for the Dim Brigade's early-mid chapters.

like Gordin, he earns a 2.5. If he weren't free, he'd get a 0.

2/10

He has his own personal bow. But he has many problems. For one, he is bow locked. Two, speed, what speed? Third, he usually can't kill much and is stuck just doing a bit of damage. You have to really bexp abuse him and give him all your speed wings if you really want to use him.

Leonardo

Chip. Steal kills. Pray for him to survive, lol base sp, los base hp, lol base str. Water affinity :awesome: , Lughnasadh is an attempt on making him a bit better. The marksman with highest dmg with str capped + A Support with fire, water, dark affinity. He's a bit of a pita in NM specially in P1 early chapters, but in HM it's worse. Poor Leo :(:

3/10

His HP is the same as Micaiah's. Yeah.

Earlygame chip and then he needs to stay the fuck away from everything because of his lolfailstatus. Personal bows are cool but what's the point when you suck

Come on, Rolf is better.

1.5/10

4/10 including +.5 bias. Doesn't kill things very well with his low speed. Not really a good candidate for longterm use, since you have to Bexp Leo to get him to not suck. He has chip though, and a bow that helps one of his problem areas.

His bow is pretty awesome. He, however, is not. Really weird growths, really bad bases, and he's an Archer in a game where he must suffer through not one, but two tiers of relative suckage for the juicy payoff. Will he get there? Generally not. You have to try really freaking hard to get him to that point.

That said, at least you know he ain't gonna be missing with his chips.

2/10

Leonardo, that other guy in the DB with no backstory.

Pros:

Lughnasadh (omg i cannot spell that.)

Early game chip.

Cancel skill.

Cons:

All the things.

Bad speed.

Super low HP.

Bow lock.

Leonardo is not that great. Even on easier modes. Sure he gets his own bow later but really, hes not worth it. His speed growth sucks so bad for his class and...omg...Most of the time, hes not even doubling anything. Its like hes Micaiah without the perks of being Micaiah. I just dont even.

2/10. 3/10 bias because hes a nice guy with a cool Link-style hairdo.

Terrible HP, terrible durability, bad speed and average str. He isn't even worth the time. Lughnasadh is awesome but it doesn't fix him. 1/10

Leonardo, that other guy in the DB with no backstory.

Pros:

Lughnasadh (omg i cannot spell that.)

Early game chip.

Cancel skill.

Cons:

All the things.

Bad speed.

Super low HP.

Bow lock.

Leonardo is not that great. Even on easier modes. Sure he gets his own bow later but really, hes not worth it. His speed growth sucks so bad for his class and...omg...Most of the time, hes not even doubling anything. Its like hes Micaiah without the perks of being Micaiah. I just dont even.

2/10. 3/10 bias because hes a nice guy with a cool Link-style hairdo.

Basically this. Except I don't like his haircut, so I'm keeping it on a 2/10.

I find all of the DB's useful even if only a little bit ^^' none of them compete for slots in Part 3 so I can have them all do something. Leo's always going to chip in a LTC run ^^' and he's one of the best at it especially because of his bow. I've used and needed Leo a lot more for chipping than somebody like Rolf or Soren. In Part 1 he'll chip or shove for several chapters and part 3 the same maybe but better. I appreciate his chipping because sometimes my units need it and theres only so far Sothe can do and the late jeigans arrive late. 4/10 for Leo.

Edited by Queen_Emelina

lolspeed

lolHP

lolbows

Earlygame chip that isn't even that helpful, yay?

Oh and he's lame.

1.5/10 - 1 bias because fuck him.

.5/10

He has a nice chippoke in the early chapters which allows others to kill more cleanly. This however makes it so that he doesn't get kills himself to grow and he falls behind horribly.

If you do get him to part 3 trained Crossbows + Beastfoe rips though laguz. Sadly this will be PP ony since he cannot tank at all.

Statistically he's pretty meh with too low SpD to get to doubling reliably.

3.5/10