Rate the Unit, Day 10: Ilyana

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#61 Colonel M

Colonel M

The Tyrant - Has Returned

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Siege tomes. They're kind of a big deal.

Training them. It's also kind of a big deal.

#62 Hawk King

Hawk King

Moving sucks.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

@Dark Sage-

The reason people have a problem with your vote is because it was FAR BELOW the average of the other votes and you didnt SPECIFY why you voted that way.

#63 Black Frost

Black Frost

Hee Ho

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

who cares if its below the average? why does it even matter?

#64 Rin Nakai

Rin Nakai

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

I would like to use this thread as an opportunity to ask if anybody knows how likely Ilyana's skill (hell, and Shinon's opposite) is to activate. It's saved her a couple times on my runs, but so did Miracle for Mist, and if it's anywhere as likely as that, then it's not something you'd rely on.

#65 Hawk King

Hawk King

Moving sucks.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

No one would care if you given her a 0 as long as you explained why!

And if dont care about RTU topics dont effin vote.

Quit acting like a child. If you dont want to follow the rules that are stated at the begining of the thread dont vote in said thread. Youre like that one kid in gym class who decides he is gonna run the bases backwords just cause he doesnt want to play.

#66 Black Frost

Black Frost

Hee Ho

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

No one would care if you given her a 0 as long as you explained why!

I did explain why. why is this so hard for people to understand.

And you still haven't answered my question.

Edited by Dark Sage, 06 April 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#67 Hawk King

Hawk King

Moving sucks.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

@Espinosa-

Shade IS unreliable. To this day, no one knows EXACTLY how it works

@Dark Sage-

The point is, because people DO care about this. PKL wouldnt have started this is he didnt care about it, no one would vote if they didnt care.

#68 Black Frost

Black Frost

Hee Ho

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

and why should people care?

#69 Snapdragon

Snapdragon

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Ilyana is like Soren but not content to simply be the same as him for a title of "really shitty unit", Ilyana outdoes him in that regard and manages to be even worse with terribad speed.

2/10

To be honest, I rather think think that that is a fair explanation for the rating. It implies she has much of the same problems as him but with even worse speed. If he did vote something like 3 on Soren and it was counted, there isn't any inconsistency, really, in Ilyana being given a two.

Edited by Snapdragon, 06 April 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#70 Hawk King

Hawk King

Moving sucks.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Really?! Youre acting like a 10 year old.
Personally I care because im curious to see how the other SF members feel about the usefulness of the characters in this game.

Clearly, you must care an aweful lot about this so let me ask you a question, "Why do you care about the reasons for why people care about this?

#71 Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Dragon Reborn

• Retired Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I didn't see you bitch at dondon for giving Lugh a 4/10 for "hitting enemies for 9 HP damage."

Did you miss the part where I don't care if sucky votes are close to the average? His 4 was within 1 of multiple recent votes but more to the point was within 2 of the ending mean.

Or even better, you can choose not to take these rating topics seriously in the first place. Seriously, some of you people take this too seriously and are just tools about the whole thig. "Oh he doesn't agree with me, THROWING HIS VOTE OUT!", "Not enough "reasoning" which I can use as an excuse to throw out votes I don't like", "Imma gonna scream at people who give Nino slightly less shitty rating than I give" etc.

Okay, that power that the first poster has could be misused, but it can also be used how integrity generally wields the power, with, well, integrity.

misread something =/= illiteracy.

Learn to read is a common phrase that doesn't really mean the person can't read, as if that was the case typing any words would be pointless. It's hyperbole, or something similar. It might be something close to flaming but I don't think it is considered that, yet, so it's still cool.

#72 Lord Raven

Lord Raven

FESSer

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Look at Narga, telling people not to take things literally. Because he's never ever taken a post literally before.

#73 Narga_Rocks

Narga_Rocks

Dragon Reborn

• Retired Moderator
  • Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Look at Narga, telling people not to take things literally. Because he's never ever taken a post literally before.

Don't read into things that aren't there. I wasn't telling him not to take things literally. I notice you didn't quote me, so it must be because you knew this was true and didn't want to make your post as obviously false. I was explaining what I meant to him, since he apparently didn't realize it.

Also, off-topic stuff needs to stop.

Edited by Narga_Rocks, 06 April 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#74 Anouleth

Anouleth

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

I would like to use this thread as an opportunity to ask if anybody knows how likely Ilyana's skill (hell, and Shinon's opposite) is to activate. It's saved her a couple times on my runs, but so did Miracle for Mist, and if it's anywhere as likely as that, then it's not something you'd rely on.

Shade is not a skill that activates, it's a passive skill that always works... we just don't know what it does.

#75 Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

We built Mute City on Rock and Roll

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Isnt it suppose to make enemy units attack other units first? I think it does work because if another unit is in attack range, the enemy will go for them first. Only if Ilyana is the only one in attack range do enemies attack her. But i think in RD, it doesnt kick in all the time. (why Stillness exists. Its like the same thing only its supposed to be constant.) Kinda like how Vantage always works in PoR but is based on Skill or Speed (cant remember which) in RD. *shrug* i could be wrong.

#76 Colonel M

Colonel M

The Tyrant - Has Returned

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:38 PM

Furthermore there are trippy conditions I believe. I remember the only way enemies would attack Nephenee instead of Shinon in RD was putting Provoke on Nephenee, Shade on Shinon, and having him equip a Crossbow.