[FE4] Rate the Unit XLII

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Celice: 9.54

DAY 42: JOHALVA

_

Johalva's one of two axe users throughout the Second Generation, considering if you get him you don't get the hotter and better personality Johan.

Anyway. Johalva's kind of better to recruit because then it's easier to net Julia's Resire. He has Charge, aka the better skill, and can use every Axe that's available. Same as Leaf, but he can do it earlier~

Statwise he outclasses his brother in almost everything except lolskill, and he doesn't really need that much hit in FE4. His Speed difference is the best difference by far, and his Strength helps him with more Attack Speed. This in turn gives him better chances to activate Charge. But goddamn that speed growth. 10% compared to Johan's 50%. He'll catch up much easier, by far.

Despite being a footie, he's pretty good for a footie. He's going to hit harder than most of your allies, but, of course, he falls behind easily. He does get credit for being the only playable Warrior.

-1 because I dislike him...

3.25/10

Edited by Laurence Olivier

Him and his brother suck butt through a straw. However, his brother is funny. Anywho his lack of skills and movement hurt him. He's hard to train and not worth the effort. Bows are nice I guess and the hero axe can help too.

3/10

Brohalva has a cool name and isnt' actually too bad, he gets a hero axe for chapter 7 where he can ORKO the Dark Mages without eating a counter (something few units can do, actually) and can use the Hero Bow upon promotion, which is pretty neat.

I like the guy, so i'm giving him a +1 bias

4.5/10

Brohalva has a cool name and isnt' actually too bad, he gets a hero axe for chapter 7 where he can ORKO the Dark Mages without eating a counter (something few units can do, actually) and can use the Hero Bow upon promotion, which is pretty neat.

4.5/10

Really lazy today so this is my vote too

Bias included, he's a good guy and I like him.

I usually go for Johalva over Johan just because it makes it that much easier to get the resire for Julia. That aside, he is pretty meh in my opinion. His stats are descent. But he is a foot unit in a game where you need to move fast. Plus I don't really like axe users or his personality for that matter, so -1 bias there.

3.5/10 - 1/10 = 2.5/10

Only playable warrior is a plus, and his sheer offense is pretty nice, especially with the Hero Axe. Unfortunately, he falls behind in the late game, and has serious problems handling magic attacks--poor speed+poor resistance=pain. His defense is great, but it does him no good in that situation.

4/10, +1 for bias, comes out to 5/10 for me.

Edited by Flock of Geese

He requires very little effort and no mission-critical resources to recruit. In fact it actually helps if he's recruited at a certain time IIRC because it can trigger the horse axe guys in C6 to charge out on a favorable turn. He can help a significant amount in C7 with the Brave Axe. After that it's nothing but scraps, although the killer bow lets him manage arenas.

4.5/10

I never found a use for him besides some chip damage, and often ended up leaving him behind at the castle because he was so much worse than everyone else in my team. Gave the Brave Axe to Leaf in the end. 2/10

Pretty much the only person who wants the Hero Axe. Low move and an inappropriate skill do him no favours. 10% speed growth with Charge? Woo! He'll break mages early on, but then they get too tough for him. Some use as a bowman against the dragons.

3.5/10 - Not really that good, and I don't like him that much. Still, he's probably better than nothing.

Pretty much the only person who wants the Hero Axe. Low move and an inappropriate skill do him no favours. 10% speed growth with Charge? Woo! He'll break mages early on, but then they get too tough for him. Some use as a bowman against the dragons.

3.5/10 - Not really that good, and I don't like him that much. Still, he's probably better than nothing.

I'm going with this one, even to the 'u' in 'favours'.

Except Leaf totally wants the Hero Axe regardless of playthrough, duuuuuuh. :P

Who?

Uh, yeah. Johan's younger brother. Has a hero axe until Leaf promotes and can 2HKO Dark Mages in chapter 7. Terrible speed. I guess bows are nice.

3/10

4.5/10

that

My opinion over Johalva.

7.5/10

I like Johalva, 'cause he looks like my cousin and he becomes a WORRIAH, my favourite class in F.E. serie so far (Dagdar too is awesome in FE5). Plus, he starts just 8 levels before promotion in chapter one with massive base stats.

It's a footie,that's set, so he'll stay back in stead of chavaliers, yet, he is the one that, after promotion, trives for killer bow, because of his amazing high skill potential (50% growth plus promotion bonus makes him a potential critical machine). Initially, he is hampered by the use of axes only, but the moment he gets use of bows, he is the best archer after some Ichival user.

Furthermore, he can easily share path with some girl known as Lackhe, whom he fells in love with pretty easily, so love criticals are excellent support for your footie team (there are many instance where you need to separate footies and horsies).

In a game like fe4, you USE everybody (minus Arden 'cause he is shit), honestly, and if you are pretty experienced with the map style, you know where to send somebody to kick some ass.

You can see him as a younger Dagdar, because of his Duel Skill and Critical (should he get the killer bow).

So bad he lucks continue or pursuit. There, he would have been worth a 8.5.

Still better than some Bartre.

Edited by marcus90

He has a decent class and skills and okay stats, and he's the guy who's gonna get the Hero Axe when you pick him up.

Unfortunately, he doesn't have a horse, and that sucks.

5/10