Rate the Unit, Day 5: Laura

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Leonardo: 2.531

Edward: 6.316

Micaiah: 6.5

Nolan: 9.069

5/10 Okay she can heal. But by the time we reliably get Physics Micaiah can Staffbot just as well. The only thing saving her from a full 1/10 is that she at least makes it so you can sell off healing items for new items. And she isn't seeing combat even when she promotes. She's still kind of integral to keeping alive if you run out of healing items/didn't prepare. But if you didn't prepare WHY ARE YOU PLAYING MANIAC MODE?!

Edited by Onmi

I think she deserves at least a 6 for being able to heal despite it not being very useful in any of my playthroughs. 5 Mov and being 1HKO'd by everything not a Mage is certainly a drawback.

deserves at least a 6

Goddamnit Soul, I was just about to type that.

A lot of your units are squishy, and then there's people like Nolan, Sothe or Jill who really don't want to waste their player phase on healing with a vulnerary when they could be killing something. Or ferrying someone, in Jill's case. In 3-6, you're going to need more than one physic user and she's not redundant there because those tigers hit fucking hard.

6/10. She's the only healer for an entire part, and even in part 3, she can still help (I said this back in Micaiah's topic, and I'll say it again: if you want a unit healed, best to do it yerself, rather than hoping that some brain-dead NPC healer heals the unit that needs it). Add a point of bias for being cute, and we get 7/10.

YES! I have alot to say about her. =)

Not only is she your only staff user for Part 1, but also the only light Magic user to be worthy to wield any of the tomes. SLap Adapt on her; and watch her rock. Go ahead, she's worthy of it! As she averagely maxes out in Spd, Skill, Mag, HP and Def. Believe it or not. Her good Str will get her to lift those heavy tomes without minimal effort. Better give her a Searph Robe to keep her going, or else she might be at risk of getting 0KOED later in the game by alot of enemies. It's very easy to get her destroyed without it. The only light Mag user that I ever use other than Micaiah (she's forced). You bet! She definitely should support anyone either with Thunder Affinity. She needs the 2.5 more avoid and 0.5 in Def. Earth Affinity is also an option. (As it is with any character) I thought at first that she can also have a bond support with Aran. But that's not the case I'm afraid.

Anyhoo

Bow to the lady of Light Mag.

16231733m.jpg

4/10 5/10 bias

Edited by リンダ

She's sort useful in Part 1 and very useful in part 3. She starts at level 1 and her EXP gain is horribly slow due to being locked to low EXP staves in part 1 that without BEXP she's likely to be still below level 10 by Part 3-6 and promoting her then doesn't really effect her perfomance. Her best contributions are using the Physic Staff and Sleep Staff in Part 3.

For Part 4 to me she seems outclassed, again mostly due to her level.

4/10

scrub

2/10

Ok, well she heals, even though it's mostly unnecessary, and by the time you actually need to heal, Micaiah has C Staves. So she's backup, not to mention she takes forever to actually get anywhere, and she, like almost every other member of the DB dies when something looks at her funny.

And -.5 bias.

1.5/10

5/10 She's pretty useful as a healer, though she becomes somewhat redundant when Miccy promotes. And also has to be guarded at all times. She always falls behind in lvls if you don't pump her full of bonus experience so I haven't actually used her past promotion. I doubt her preformances is any better than, say, Soren's.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/magic.html

Tell me which of the light tomes can be considered heavy (Purge doesn't count). This isn't PoR.

Advanced tomes A LV or higher ones. Well...their standard weighty with the exception of Valura/Rexaura.

Edited by リンダ

Pretty crucial in clearing Part 1 efficiently, because the stronger units (Jill, Nolan, Sothe and Zihark) don't want to spend a turn healing themselves. She's also very useful in 3-13 as she's less reliant on Physic due to her being able to move around the combat field. She dies to any physical attack though. :/

7/10

Her Staffbot utility is immensely helpful in part 1 so you don't have to waste time having your main fighters waster turns healing themselves... That is, if Laura can reach them. Otherwise, Her growths are kinda bad for a cleric. Hindered by low movement, and may not get any fighting for part 3 and beyond. Easily replaced or overshadowed by tier 2 Miccy. ummm. 6.5/10

Easily replaced or overshadowed by tier 2 Miccy.

Yeah right.

Laura, the little cleric/priestess from Daein.

Pros:

Healbot when one is really needed.

Growths...whoa...

Decent light magic user.

Cons:

Super squishy.

Tedious to level.

Her role is sorta diminished by Micaiah after the latter promotes.

Her caps are kinda ehh.

Laura is pretty nice to have on your team, especially in part 1. Shes healing your rather squishy units. Her growths are really like, wtf cray cray. Problem is, her caps are kinda bleh but oh well. That doesnt hurt her THAT much. Shes a pain to level and if you want her to actually use light magic, shes gonna be eating a lot of BEXP. Its nice to have another magic user since Tormod vanished and Ilyana went to go gnaw on Mia's boots in part 3. But shes so squishy, its gonna be hard to keep her from dying. Micaiah is a pretty good healer in part 3 and Laura will find herself a bit contested. But Laura can at least sleep staff junk (like Ike) in 3-13 when Micaiah cant because...she cant leave her area. I found shes the speediest of the light magic users and thats kinda nice. Like doubling junk at second tier in part 4....sometimes.

5/10. 6/10 bias because i think shes adorable.

Advanced tomes A LV or higher ones. Well...their standard weighty with the exception of Valura/Rexaura.

Doesn't she start with E rank light as a Bishop though? She needs 70 WEXP with 1 per attack with Light before she can even use Ellight, even with Discipline that's 35 attacks when it's likely you'll want her healing. Would her weapon level get high enough to warrant her high strength?

Edited by arvilino

6/10 only healer in part 1 so she's kinda crucial on har dmode. She has really awesome growths too . Sadly she has awful availability just like the rest of the db , gains levels painfully slow even when you give her a heal every turn, and she's locked to a craptastic class . +1 bias Because she's so freaking adorable, I can hardly stand it . She's the one character I wish I could give more bias points to.

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

You probably could not get any more generic a low-end staffbot than Laura. Squishy, but heals. Part 1 wants that. Part 3 and on, Micaiah kind of picks up that slack better. But Laura's still useful. Plus you want to keep her around to snag that Sleep Staff, even if Laura's not the one who would end up using it. Sleeping Ike in 3-13 is funny as shit though.

5/10

Laura the healer of the DB in part 1. Sadly Healing items got a huge boost in RD so healing is not needed and is often sacrificed for the sake of speed. She's too squishy to tag along with the murderers in your team and therefor starts to lack in exp.

In 3-6 she gets a small portion to shine in when she can use a Mend staff to heal as long as your wall-off is tight enough. It's unlikely she'll hit level 10 in a serious PT and therefor is T1 only during the entire game.

2.5/10 with only 1 chapter where she's "nice to have" but even then a concotion will do the trick most of the time.