Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Pros:
Availability
Good offense
Good supports (Earth w/ Tanith)
Flies

Cons:
Needs training/BEXP to fix her low starting level
Mediocre defense (I sometimes fix this with Vantage/Guard)

10/10 (Bias Factored in for her funny profanity substitutes)

#22 Lord Raven

Lord Raven

FESSer

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Path of Radiance

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

aku chi, Marcia's problems in 25 are actually very similar to Jill's problems in 25. Jill can survive a hit or two more, but the problem is that you only have one flying unit that is safe throughout the entire chapter (the rest are prey to random crap up north) and Jill's shortcomings (Purge Bishops, the boss) are counterbalanced by Marcia's shorcomings (too much physical assault). As for chapter 28, I still need to finish my runthrough, but Jill seems just about as screwed as Marcia if you go aggro there.

#23 Snapdragon

Snapdragon

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

9 Flying is wonderful, as is availability. She would be perfect if she didn't show up a bit underleveled. Also she tends to have meh defense for me.

#24 bottlegnomes

bottlegnomes

Lord of the Gnomes-a-Plenty

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

That obviously depends on what you do with Marcia. I assure you, it's easy to get even a 20/20 Marcia killed in the later chapters in PoR if you play aggressively. There are certain hot drops (notably in C25 and C28) that Jill (and Haar) can make safely that Marcia (and Tanith) cannot.

Just looked again, and Jill's lead is bigger than I remembered.

In a tiered efficiency context, Marcia may well be slightly more valuable than Jill. But this has more to do with Marcia's C12 than her comparison with Jill in C13 and beyond (where they each have their pros and cons). On the other hand, in all comparisons where Marcia and Jill get fewer than 1000 Bexp, Jill is the more valuable unit.

How do you figure that? I'm legitimately curious. From experience, Jill's speed issues are more noticeable than Marcia's lower strength and durability.

#25 aku chi

aku chi

Armchair Economist

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

Mercenary Raven, I'm really not interested in delving into Marcia vs. Jill minutia in this topic.

How do you figure that? I'm legitimately curious. From experience, Jill's speed issues are more noticeable than Marcia's lower strength and durability.

Here's how I see it:

Aside from the super-fast bosses Muarim, Homasa, and Petrine; and the occasional Swordmaster; Jill can double just about everything with a sizable Bexp dump. Jill is also a great candidate for the C13 Speedwings if you find her speed lacking. Marcia, meanwhile has a tough time 2HKOing many bosses, Generals, Wyvern Lords, and Tigers without the C13 Energy Drop. In addition to losing to Jill by 2-4 Atk with conventional weaponry, Marcia doesn't have the Hammer or Laguz Axe options that Jill does against Generals and Tigers. I'd say that Marcia's Spd and Jill's Str + Axes are advantages of similar magnitudes.

But Marcia's physical durability deficit is more troubling. Jill starts out more durable than Marcia and accelerates her advantage in late-game. Jill perform several ambitious clears with a higher reliability. Thankfully for Marcia, there are resources that can help her. A Dracoshield and Seraph Robe go a long way towards solving her mid-game durability short-comings, and a support with Tanith can really bolster her evasion in late-game clears where it's practical to keep them together. Jill does have to worry about magical damage and Sleep Bishops more than Marcia, though Pure Waters are a cheap solution. Marcia can also be shoved by more beast laguz, which opens the doors for some particularly ambitious LTC clears unavailable to Jill. Jill's physical durability advantage may be about as valuable as Marcia's higher Res and lower Wt.

Assuming that Marcia and Jill both get a ~1000 Bexp dump near their join time, I find their performance in C13 and beyond to be almost identically impressive. But when Marcia can (nearly) single-handedly 2-turn C12, that works as a tie-breaker and more.

#26 RNG Princess

RNG Princess

Buy from me or game over. nwn

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

Marcia is gr8mazing! One of the best units in this game ^^'. She deserves the input because she'll repay. She's a flier so she has advantage to everything but bows ^^'. I won't compare her to Jill i'll only rate Marcia for what she's worth and I give her a 10/10 ^^'. 9.5 + .5 bias because she's so funny ;W;.

#27 Sunwoo

Sunwoo

Go away

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Marcia: she flies, she has actually good combat, she'll help out for the entire game. She's a real team player. She probably costs a few turns to recruit, and her start is not all that impressive. But she's most likely the best recipient of BEXP at this point in the game, so she can do her thing faster. She'll probably always be a little frail, but her positive qualities can allow me to mostly overlook that.

9.5/10, for her shaky beginnings. Marcia may be the best recipient of BEXP when you get her, but it's still a ton of BEXP that she wants.

#28 Loki Laufeyson

Loki Laufeyson

Loptsided

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Marcia, that pegasus knight who says silly things. Searching for her brother.

Pros:
:awesome:
Flier.
Good growths.
High speed.
Good supports (yay Tanith)
Availability.

Cons:
Low base level.

Marcia rocks. Plain and simple. She flies, kicks ass and takes names. She can truly murder shit with a javelin. She does have the issue of coming at a low level. Luckily BEXP exists and by this time, you'll probably have quite a bit. So feed her some levels and man, does she get better! She makes excellent use of that Paladin Band, i noticed. That helps give her HP and strength which she likes to have. Marcia can also do with a forge to start out with. A forged javelin makes murder possible when shes on lower levels. When she promotes, all the things die. Shes got such high move, she can spam everything. She supports with the other pegknight you get who has the broken Earth affinity. That support is pretty fast and yeah! Shes around forever after that and why the hell wouldnt you use her? Shes freaking great! Plus her personality is hilarious! "Oh horsemeat..."

9/10. 10/10 bias because i freaking love her!

Edited by Florina, 08 April 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#29 Lord Raven

Lord Raven

FESSer

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Mercenary Raven, I'm really not interested in delving into Marcia vs. Jill minutia in this topic.

Then why did you (and others) bring it up...?

Edited by Mercenary Raven, 08 April 2012 - 05:07 PM.

#30 aku chi

aku chi

Armchair Economist

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Then why did you (and others) bring it up...?

I felt obliged to weigh in on the big picture Marcia and Jill comparison. I don't want to talk about specific chapters or strategies.

#31 Hawk King

Hawk King

Moving sucks.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sacred Stones

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

PROS:

-Flight
-Supports other good units
-Uses Bexp very well
-Joins right when Titania starts to need help

CONS:

-Weak at base LV
-Needs a large amout of resourses

Marcia is fantastic. Give her 1000-1200 Bexp and she never looks back. From the time she joins to the endgame she is one of the top 2 units you can have.

9.75/10 - Marcia should be a key contributer to any playthrough, whether its casual, efficient, or LTC.

#32 Agro

Agro

ilyana as a japanese schoolgirl

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

9.5/10 - almost perfect, just comes at a level that's too low to be useful right away and requires a bit of extra work and bonus EXP and/or a Steel Lance forge to get going.

#33 PJSalt

PJSalt

Saltbirds

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:New Mystery of the Emblem

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

Im super busy today. Started college again and wont be able to tally the score or post the next topic. If someone wants to do it, feel free.

#34 VGE

VGE

You will quickly learn that I am an annoying idiot.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

" Better be a 10/10! or else :p "

Generally curious. Why does Marcia have such a huge fanbase? I mean, she's not horrible, she's not even bad. I've used her, she's decent (true, I very rarely play Normal, but that's because I've only really done 2 real playthroughs) but why is she get so much love?

She starts out at a crappy level with crappy stats, iIrc. [I'm not insulting Marcia. I'm just saying a level 5 unit joining your team when you have 2 others to worry about... :/]

#35 Soran Ibrahim

Soran Ibrahim

CHUCKLES

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Awakening

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:57 PM

because you get a shitton of BEXP even in Hard Mode and pouring a lot of it into Marcia gives you a flying ORKOing maniac with 9 move and canto

sounds like a pretty amazing investment

#36 Silent Mercenary

Silent Mercenary

Vencedor de forajidos

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

It's because she's the first flier of the game, and most FE fans love the first flier regardless of their flaws. Marcia also has good strength and decent defenses compared to other series' initial fliers, and she's considered a funny and attractive female by many, thus many people love her and consider her one of the best units in PoR.

IMO, I think she deserved a higher, or at least closer, score than Titania, since she helps more for the last 2/3rds of the game, including saving more BExp that you could feed her.

#37 Lord Raven

Lord Raven

FESSer

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

nobody uses rolf seriously anyway

everyone just puts a massive bexp dump into marcia and she turns into Killing Monster Machine Marcia ©

it's not "bias" towards first flier, since marcia "fanboys" (i don't think any girls in FE9 are particularly attractive until FE10, and Marcia's never been attractive) like me pretty say she's slightly better cause of like 2 turns (lol seriously, that's how close they are) or, the better alternative, they're exactly the same in terms of quality

#38 VGE

VGE

You will quickly learn that I am an annoying idiot.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

Nobody uses Rolf seriously anyway.

I use him in every playthrough of PoR. He turns out good to me.
In RD, I use Shinon. I would've used Shinon in PoR, but... It's the same as using Tormod in RD. Bad idea. >_>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users