Rate the Unit, Day 6: Sothe

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac).

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Leonardo: 2.531

Laura: 5.139

Edward: 6.316

Micaiah: 6.5

Nolan: 9.069

10/10

Pretty much necessary on HM, try to get through the first few chapters without him and watch yourself die. Then he might get overshadowed by your promoted main DB in 3-6 but he's still probably one of the best units there. Then he has all of part 1 to break in three pieces.

8/10

He's super amazing and godly in Part 1, and awesome in Part 3. Then Part 4 comes and he's trash. Knives are no good, he's sort of frail, and his mastery skill is a troll. And in the tower? Forget it, he's not that good there even though he doesn't cost deployment.

Still, Part 4 is a short part of his long term availability, so 8 it is.

Manditory for getting through Part 1. But don't like him for his overprotection of Micaiah. T_T Just like Volke gets moar luv than him. :awesome: A support automatically, like Pent and Louise is always a good thing. Anyway.....

10/10

Edited by リンダ

Trying to beat Mania without this guy is a daunting task. Heck, even hard mode without him is a daunting task. You need him. Plain and simple.

Sadly his performance goes down as the parts move on, so he doesn't quite deserve a perfect score.

8.5/10

-0.5 bias for not slapping Micaiah at every opportunity.

Edited by BrightBow

As others have said, not using him on the top difficulties is an exercise in madness, and not using him even on lower ones is basically asking for trouble. Doubles everything in Part 1, kills everything too, is still extremely solid in Part 3. Becomes very, very bad in Part 4, unfortunately, but to his credit he has a free ticket to 4-E so you might as well have him do something useful since he's coming along regardless.

Also, while I'm not counting it specifically as it's a transfer thing, perfect transfer Sothe is ball-bustingly hilarious. He's not that much more durable with 20 DEF over 14 in Part 1, but it just makes him that much better in Part 3 against the laguz.

9/10

Not using him is signing a death warrant in Part I and Part III. Part IV... well... not so much. He's useless in Part IV because that point you have all of your third tiers and he's still second tier. Plus, he uses the worst weapon type, ever. lolknives.

8.5/10, this includes a +.5 bias for putting up with Micaiah's shit.

Not using him is signing a death warrant in Part I and Part III. Part IV... well... not so much. He's useless in Part IV because that point you have all of your third tiers and he's still second tier. Plus, he uses the worst weapon type, ever. lolknives.

8.5/10, this includes a +.5 bias for putting up with Micaiah's shit.

I'll go with this one except make it a 9/10 for me he deserves more then a .5 bonus for putting up with Micky's bullshit

8/10

He's super amazing and godly in Part 1, and awesome in Part 3. Then Part 4 comes and he's trash. Knives are no good, he's sort of frail, and his mastery skill is a troll. And in the tower? Forget it, he's not that good there even though he doesn't cost deployment.

8.5/10

A godsend in part one, good in part 3, meh in part 4 and terrible in endgame.

He gets a -1 bias point from me because I don't like his personality in this game and the belly shirt isn't helping his case either.

Sothe, that guy who protects Micaiah. Was nothing more than a little scalawag in the previous game.

Pros:

Jeigan type/prepromote.

Utility as thief.

Pretty meaty in part 1.

Innate support with Micaiah.

Good bases.

Cons:

Experience hog in part 1. (a bit)

Usefulness actually dwindles as the game progresses.

Sothe is the first returning character we see. Hes also the first we see that definitely is better in this game than he was in the previous. (i will mention those who got more awesome in this game as we do this thing.) He couldnt even promote in the last game. Here, when we meet him, hes cray cray overpowered and all awesome and junk. Hes like "Yeah i can pilfer shit and i can also MURDER shit!" Niiiice. His bases are pretty good and even better if you finagled him in PoR for transfers. Hes also the meatiest character you get in part 1 (more or less) before Big T shows up. Hes got that innate A support with Micaiah to help with the murder. So he can pilfer and kill and just rape part 1 and make it his bitch. But he does tend to soak up a lot of experience which can be better used on guys like Nolan. Doesnt mean Sothe shouldnt be murdering though. In harder modes, hes like, necessary to keep your team from being brutally murdered.

Part 3 rolls around and hes like, not as awesome as he was in part 1. But hes still not scrub level and he can still kick some ass, take names, and pillage junk. Raping laguz with a Beast Killer and shiz. (yay throwing knives!) Part 4 rolls around and Sothe is just not very useful anymore. By this time, some of your DBs are promoted and murdering far better than he can. So hes basically reduced to being Micaiah's support bot and getting junk out of the desert.

8/10. His early game rocks but after awhile..not so much. 7/10 bias because i actually dont like him very much. (storywise) I find him rather insufferable and while he does bitch at Micaiah for being dumb, he doesnt do anything about it. And omg that belly shirt....why....

Ah Sothe, he's going to be one of you beefier units for the first part of part 1. Mandatory if you don't want to die during Part 1. Also, he has an auto a with Miccy, and can deal some nice damage with his lol knives. um...

9/10

8/10

Sothe

Most awesome unit ever. Kills stuff and don't afraid of anything. Also essential for Gold Efficiency.

Stupid bellyshirt but I like the scarf <3

10/10 w/bias

Edited by Dark Sage

8/10

^this

Wow...I'm actually surprised at all the credit he's given. The fanbase has really come a long way, eh?

10/10. Can't hardly get through part 1 without him and still great in part 3. No one cares about part 4.