• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Lungs

Lungs

We Didn't Start the Fire

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Blazing Sword

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Maps are the basis for gameplay and many event scenes

make sure your maps are well-made before you get ahead of yourself or you'll end up having to do a lot more work than necessary

just a personal tip, you don't have to take it

T_T I guess I'll be working out everything not map related before the maps and stuff then :(

#42 Rapier

Rapier

No witty phrase here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

God that sounds awesome.

This is the second in the series of "That ain't-"

In this case, THAT AIN'T NED STARK.

*sigh* Needs more spriting.

Ice needs a new sprite, but I'm going to take care of that now. It will be taking the place of the Mani Katti, though I'll certainly make sure that it ends up being available further down the line.

Ned is currently a Blade Lord. I'm probably going to end up mashing the Lyn Blade Lord sprite with Ephraim's prepromote to get a noble-looking guy waving a sword around.

Posted Image

I don't remember if Ned starts with Ice or not. From what I know, it's a family heirloom. Also, I think you should changed Ned for Eddard, because Ned is a nickname.

T_T I guess I'll be working out everything not map related before the maps and stuff then :(

Try mapping some other time, since it's inevitable and you'll end up having to map eventually. See if you can practice that, else it will become an annoying issue.

#43 Lungs

Lungs

We Didn't Start the Fire

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:43 PM

Ned doesn't actually start with Ice - I'm pretty certain that Rickard or even Brandon would have it over him. The idea was to give it to him after the Battle at King's Landing.

Yeah, I'll probably change his name to Eddard and put Ned in the description.

#44 Lungs

Lungs

We Didn't Start the Fire

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

It is 1:04 am. You were probably sleeping when I posted it, if you're EST like I am!

But... I guarantee that despite the lack of rest... I am certainly as happy as you were (to be sleeping). er. that entire sentence worked better in my head. I'm sleep deprived~

Point is...

I would like to thank Florina for this awesomeeeeee sprite!

Now, to complete Ned, I just have to fix his icon and his map sprite! That's going to be on the docket for tomorrow. XD

Posted Image

#45 BBM

BBM

not just a pretty face

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

It's a great mug shot, but he looks too old. IMO, that's how he would look during the actual series. I can't remember his age, or if it was ever stated, but I'd think he'd be around 20-25 at the oldest during Robert's Rebellion. That guy looks to be at least 40.

#46 Agro

Agro

ilyana as a japanese schoolgirl

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Radiant Dawn

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

Eddard is between 18-19 when Brandon is executed, so that places him around that age at the beginning of RR.

#47 Lungs

Lungs

We Didn't Start the Fire

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hmm... getting rid of his beard would probably fix that. XD

#48 Rapier

Rapier

No witty phrase here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Genealogy of the Holy War

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

From what I know, Eddard's hair is black. Or was it dark brown? I don't remember. I bet on black, though. And he was 25 by the time A Game of Thrones happened.

#49 Anouleth

Anouleth

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

From what I know, Eddard's hair is black. Or was it dark brown? I don't remember. I bet on black, though. And he was 25 by the time A Game of Thrones happened.

I would hope that Eddard Stark would be considerably older than 25 in A Game of Thrones, since his eldest son Robb is 15. That would put Eddard at being 10 years old when he fathered Robb and led the North to war, no less that he somehow held his own in combat against Arthur Dayne at the Tower of Joy.

I think that him being in his thirties is most likely. He's supposed to be younger than Brandon, so it's believable that he was only 16 or 17 when he married Catelyn and fathered Robb, then went to war. Or even 15, it leads to an interesting correlation since Robb marries, fathers a child and goes to war when he's 15.

His hair is dark brown.

Oh, never mind. I checked and apparently he's 35 in a Game of Thrones, so he'd be 20 in the rebellion.

Edited by Anouleth, 10 April 2012 - 12:10 PM.

#50 Lungs

Lungs

We Didn't Start the Fire

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Dark brown - I'm super sure he was older than 25 when GoT happens because he had children with Catelyn - Brandon was going off to marry Catelyn when they took Lyanna (I am super sure Rhaegar/Lyanna eloped btw); and like, he changed his course to King's Landing to get her back?

But like, Robb is 16? 17? ish by the time GoT happens so that means he'd have to be between 39 and 45 when GoT happens.

Yeah, they're right. He looks like GoT!Ned in my thing.

Well, I can tell this flashback style so I can still use this sprite XD

Removing his beard would probably solve the problem for his age though.

:'( Twas an epic beard.

#51 Anouleth

Anouleth

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:N/A

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

Dark brown - I'm super sure he was older than 25 when GoT happens because he had children with Catelyn - Brandon was going off to marry Catelyn when they took Lyanna (I am super sure Rhaegar/Lyanna eloped btw); and like, he changed his course to King's Landing to get her back?

But like, Robb is 16? 17? ish by the time GoT happens so that means he'd have to be between 39 and 45 when GoT happens.

Robb is specifically mentioned to be 15, Ned is listed as being 35 on the aSoIaF wiki and it's plausible enough.

#52 Lungs

Lungs

We Didn't Start the Fire

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Thanks Anouleth!

#53 Lungs

Lungs

We Didn't Start the Fire

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Omg yay. The standing sprite has been implemented.

I'm going to go and watch a broadway show. (Actually. LOL)

When I come back, I'll tackle the other moving sprites.

Thanks so much to shadowofchaos for telling me my exact derp. :p

This is the 4 episode of That Ain't- and the title is "THAT AIN'T IT MOST DEFINITELY IS NED STARK"

Posted Image

#54 Itsuke

Itsuke

• Favorite Fire Emblem Game:Sword of Seals

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Sweet Mother of God...

I truly do hope you have much success with this hack. It's a great idea and I've been waiting for something like this.

Godspeed, good sir.

#55 Lungs

Lungs

We Didn't Start the Fire

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thanks!

I've been busy for the better part of the week, but I intend on working for maybe 16-24 hours this weekend~

Need to do more graphics work. D:

And I really, really need to figure out my maps.

#56 Jubby

Jubby

derp

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:59 PM

16-24 hours?

holy fuck

if I had that kinda motivation

I'd be done by now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users