Rate the Unit, Day 38: Miredy

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Characters should be rated for their performance on all possible routes (A/B / Sacae/Ilia) but should not be penalized for routes they physically cannot exist on (z.B Juno in Sacae).

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

WENDY!: 0.19

Bors: 1.14

Cath: 1.48

Barth: 2.07

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Lilina: 3.53

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Geese: 3.70

Ray: 4.04

Treck: 4.66

Oujay: 4.80

Fir: 5.08

Lot: 5.40

Gonzales: 5.45

Sue: 5.64

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Bartre: 6.00

Noah: 6.13

Chad: 6.42

Klein: 6.53

Astohl: 7.17

Saul: 7.18

Echidna: 7.27

Shin: 7.42

Zealot: 7.56

Clarine: 7.78

Tate: 7.89

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Lalam: 8.78

Elphin: 9.00

Rutger: 9.61

and guess what tomorrow is

it's percival day

Not Zeiss

Kidding. She flies, her stats are solid, and she looks awesome, to boot. Her support list is questionable, as it consists of three magic users, Treck, and her brother (who comes really late). . .but in her case, supports are gravy. She might not be as amazing a ferrybot as the pegasi girls, but Miledy would rather be fighting. Oh, and she's not fond of mages and their ilk.

9/10 plus a bias point because she's one of the few female FE gals I respect makes it 10/10

She fears nothing... except Aircalibur, and even then it's not that scary. She eats nomads for breakfast, and things break their faces trying to attack her. Other than her supports, I don't see much else wrong with her.

9.5/10 - A flying tank, especially with those HM bonuses. Beware of mages and her supports and you'll do great!

Miredy was already pretty broken. Then some schmuck decided it would be a good idea to give her HM bonuses.

She provides a bad time for the enemy from her joining chapter, instapromoting to become a flying fortress of doom or waiting a few levels to allow her rather good growths to kick in. Her very slight weaknesses are easily fixable, (but she can tolerate Sacae even without Delphi Shield) and she even has a fastish support with a decent unit who can hang around her, which is more than most units can say.

10/10.

Miledy's HM bonuses are ridiculous. Seriously, why couldn't IS give them to Ray too. :(

17 STR/13 SPD + 50/45 growths are pretty good. Her base DEF is higher than Percival's. And she can instapromote too, although I don't really like doing that. Her CON is slightly lower than one might want, and she's got a weakness to Mages that's compounded by Aircalibur, but good combat and good defence + some flying utility warrants a 10/10 from me.

Miledy's HM bonuses are ridiculous. Seriously, why couldn't IS give them to Ray too. :(

17 STR/13 SPD + 50/45 growths are pretty good. Her base DEF is higher than Percival's. And she can instapromote too, although I don't really like doing that. Her CON is slightly lower than one might want, and she's got a weakness to Mages that's compounded by Aircalibur, but good combat and good defence + some flying utility warrants a 10/10 from me.

If you merely look at Miledy's HM bases, you might think she's a mediocre pre-promote. But when you hear she's Tier 1 and has pretty awesome growths to go along with them, along with the fact that she flies and rescues, she becomes one of the best units in the game.

17 STR/15 SKL/13 SPD. 50% STR/50% SKL/45% SPD. I don't think I need to say much more than that. Her SPD isn't incredible but is quite far from bad. The Steel Lance she comes with does make her lose 4 AS, but it hits quite hard, and it's not outside of reason that somebody could bring an Iron Lance to trade her upon recruitment anyways. She also has a C in lances and so can immediately opt for a Killer Lance, in which case all enemies may as well give up then and there. She has excellent combat, but if somebody is in need of a rescue she fills that role greatly too. Her high MOV and trolling of all terrain only serves as more of a boon to her.

She has 8 base LCK and a 25% growth, but it's not like it's important anyways. Her 20% growth in DEF looks bad until you realize she barely needs a growth due to her base of 16. She has a base RES of 3 and a growth of 5%, but it's not like you're going to send a wyvern unit rushing towards mages.

Don't forget that she can promote immediately to make her bases even MORE godly with shiny promo gains. Granted this sucks some of her growth away, but the option is there and not necessarily a bad choice. Miledy wears a color that the battlefield will be bathed in when she's done with the enemy forces. There's literally almost nothing wrong with her. She has fantastic combat, great MOV and mastery of terrain, and can serve as a rescuebot on the side. Arguably the game's best unit; and probably would uncontestedly be if she came a bit earlier. I personally feel she is the only unit in the game worthy of an unbiased 10.

10/10

If you merely look at Miledy's HM bases, you might think she's a mediocre pre-promote. But when you hear she's Tier 1 and has pretty awesome growths to go along with them, along with the fact that she flies and rescues, she becomes one of the best units in the game.

17 STR/15 SKL/13 SPD. 50% STR/50% SKL/45% SPD. I don't think I need to say much more than that. Her SPD isn't incredible but is quite far from bad. The Steel Lance she comes with does make her lose 4 AS, but it hits quite hard, and it's not outside of reason that somebody could bring an Iron Lance to trade her upon recruitment anyways. She also has a C in lances and so can immediately opt for a Killer Lance, in which case all enemies may as well give up then and there. She has excellent combat, but if somebody is in need of a rescue she fills that role greatly too. Her high MOV and trolling of all terrain only serves as more of a boon to her.

She has 8 base LCK and a 25% growth, but it's not like it's important anyways. Her 20% growth in DEF looks bad until you realize she barely needs a growth due to her base of 16. She has a base RES of 3 and a growth of 5%, but it's not like you're going to send a wyvern unit rushing towards mages.

Don't forget that she can promote immediately to make her bases even MORE godly with shiny promo gains. Granted this sucks some of her growth away, but the option is there and not necessarily a bad choice. Miledy wears a color that the battlefield will be bathed in when she's done with the enemy forces. There's literally almost nothing wrong with her. She has fantastic combat, great MOV and mastery of terrain, and can serve as a rescuebot on the side. Arguably the game's best unit; and probably would uncontestedly be if she came a bit earlier. I personally feel she is the only unit in the game worthy of an unbiased 10.

10/10

9.5/10 - I love everything about her except she has almost no potential for supports - she can only support with Zeis, and it's a really slow one. Not that she needs them, but I like having well-supported units for the sake of having them, so -0.5 bias point from a 10 for that 9.5.

She's pretty incredible. Those HM bonuses. Those growths. The fact that she's not even promoted yet. She's not better than some of the early characters inasmuch as she's not around as long as they are, but the parts where she does exist, everything is her bitch. SPD cap's a bit lowish but not that bad, and the fact that we'd even be talking about her SPD cap makes the obvious implication that she'll hit it (and boy does she), and that should say everything about how awesome she is.

9.5/10

So like Miledy is a red unit right? Except she joins you on turn 2 automatic so she saves you any hassle. She comes with MOTHERFUCKING HAX bases at level 10. At that point, you can either try to utilise her good growths some more, or you can slap a Speedwings on her and promote at base. Either way, Miledy will be one of the best members of your team. Her offense is great, her defense is great, her only weaknesses are bows until C16 (because why the fuck are you not putting Delphi Shield on Millie do you not want to hear the glorious tinking) and magic and who cares about magic that's like everyone's problem except your other magi and pegasi so fuck that shit, and she's gonna fly around, kill shit, and never die. Her availability starts at C13, which is midgame, but fuck, she FLIES. That makes up for EVERYTHING. Her 10 con promoted is not good for rescueing but WHY THE FUCK would you rescue with MILEDY out of all people when she is CLEARLY the superior choice to just sic on enemies and they DIE and you LAUGH AT THEM AS THEY DIE and ATTEMPT AND FAIL to do minuscule damage on the badass known as Miledy. Because Miledy does not give a fuck.

I mean, who DOESN'T want a 8 move flying tank who can kill shit well? I certainly do!

10 MOTHERFUCKING/10

also +1 bias but I can't fit it in but 11/10 anyway fuck that shit

Edited by Luminescent Blade

So like Miledy is a red unit right? Except she joins you on turn 2 automatic so she saves you any hassle. She comes with MOTHERFUCKING HAX bases at level 10. At that point, you can either try to utilise her good growths some more, or you can slap a Speedwings on her and promote at base. Either way, Miledy will be one of the best members of your team. Her offense is great, her defense is great, her only weaknesses are bows until C16 (because why the fuck are you not putting Delphi Shield on Millie do you not want to hear the glorious tinking) and magic and who cares about magic that's like everyone's problem except your other magi and pegasi so fuck that shit, and she's gonna fly around, kill shit, and never die. Her availability starts at C13, which is midgame, but fuck, she FLIES. That makes up for EVERYTHING. Her 10 con promoted is not good for rescueing but WHY THE FUCK would you rescue with MILEDY out of all people when she is CLEARLY the superior choice to just sic on enemies and they DIE and you LAUGH AT THEM AS THEY DIE and ATTEMPT AND FAIL to do minuscule damage on the badass known as Miledy. Because Miledy does not give a fuck.

I mean, who DOESN'T want a 8 move flying tank who can kill shit well? I certainly do!

10 MOTHERFUCKING/10

also +1 bias but I can't fit it in but 11/10 anyway fuck that shit

This, with added emphasis on making most of Sacae HM Kindergarten Mode.

Yes good people, you read that correctly.

That's always a thing it bothered me when people complain Sacae is too hard unless they're doing a special run that have rules against you using characters aside from a specific set or some other limitations.

>"Sacae is too hard"

>"Do you not have Miledy or something you can just throw her at things and she'll never even take damage from the most common enemy type"

Simply put this debate in plain english.

MILEDY is the best unit in the game!

Support her with either Zeiss, or Lugh. As her support with Zeiss will offer up to Defence +1.5, Avoid + 7.5, Critical + 7.5, Critical Evade + 7.5. But if your not using him and u probably shouldn't, then go with Lugh. His support will give her Attack + 1.5, Accuracy + 7.5, Avoid + 7.5, Critical + 7.5. Honestly, she should only support with them. Locked to Lances till classchange, but she can hold a league of her own with any lance. Start at LV to promote straight away. Useful if u want her to use better swords quicker. And for her loving Guinevere. Doing anything for her and only serving her makes her likeable to many folks. =D She gets HM bonuses too which is nice. Growths are great in everything. Don't have her battle in the arena. Since her luck stats won't grow as they normally would in actual combat if u do.

P.S- Oh, and forgot to say that she makes Sacae piss easy as the Computer AI will focus completely on her even with the Delphi Shield equipped!

And

10/10 (More like 20/10)

gifto02.jpg

Edited by リンダ

Support her with either Zeiss, or Lugh. As her support with Zeiss will offer up to Defence +1.5, Avoid + 7.5, Critical + 7.5, Critical Evade + 7.5. But if your not using him and u probably shouldn't, then go with Lugh (1). His support will give her Attack + 1.5, Accuracy + 7.5, Avoid + 7.5, Critical + 7.5. Honestly, she should only support with them (2). Locked to Lances till classchange, but she can hold a league of her own with any lance. Start at LV to promote straight away (3). Useful if u want her to use better swords quicker (4). And for her loving Guinevere. Doing anything for her and only serving her makes her likeable to many folks. =D (5) She gets HM bonuses too which is nice. Growths are great in everything. Don't have her battle in the arena. Since her luck stats won't grow as they normally would in actual combat if u do. (6)

1- Really infallible logic there...despite Zeiss being better, having the same move making it easier to support, and the usefulness of supports being close to nil when Miledy doesn't need them.

2- As I said before, that is not the case.

3- ...Heh, engrish.

4- E Swords does not a useable sword rank make. Granted, I'm unsure how hyperefficient players do it, but I was always under the impression that swords sucked for Miledy no matter when you promoted her.

5- blink.gif

6- This doesn't even

I didnt know Miledy's luck stat growth dropped to 0% in the arena

Sometimes in the arena enemies can have enough Skl to pose a crit threat, and I think they can break their caps in this game too (I know they can in 7 and 8, just not sure here).

Also, having Swords isn't a terrible option since it gives her leverage on Axe units, and she has enough Str to cumbersome the low Mt often anyway.

Edited by Colonel M

Sometimes in the arena enemies can have enough Skl to pose a crit threat, and I think they can break their caps in this game too (I know they can in 7 and 8, just not sure here).

I think she was trying to say that Miledy's luck wouldn't grow on a level up in the arena, which...makes no sense whatsoever.

I remember someone once sigquoted Balcerzak saying something along the lines of "Miredy is sex on wings" and honestly that's really all that should need to be said on the matter

10/10

The worst thing about Miledy is acceptable base speed that is instantly fixed with promotion. I want to hold the lack of axes against her, and I'm going to, but it hardly matters. I think Percival is ultimately better thanks even more ridiculous bases and phenomenal weapon selection, but I guess I'll go over that more tomorrow. Miledy's greatest asset, of course, is good stats on terrain immunity, something Percival cannot claim.

She says "fuck your mountains" as she steers her flying tank through them. Through them. She also drives through everything else that isn't a mountain - like all enemy units.

She shouldn't park up in a magic-infested patch of ground though, because they might just break her tank. But a competent tactician would steer her true and well through everything else.

Straight fucking through. As long as she's carrying enough ammunition, she can last all chapter.

98%.

Miledy is ridiculous

Flies

Great even with instant promotion

Can double with enough levels

Delphi shield covers her weaknesses

Javelins

Makes Sacae a total joke

Makes the ballistae in Ilia look like a joke

Hawt <3

11/10 w/bias

Everybody has summarized up what I was about to say.

I'll go with this...

Miredy was already pretty broken. Then some schmuck decided it would be a good idea to give her HM bonuses.

She provides a bad time for the enemy from her joining chapter, instapromoting to become a flying fortress of doom or waiting a few levels to allow her rather good growths to kick in. Her very slight weaknesses are easily fixable, (but she can tolerate Sacae even without Delphi Shield) and she even has a fastish support with a decent unit who can hang around her, which is more than most units can say.

Except with...

Edited by Frostbite