[FE4] Rate the Unit XLIII

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Johalva: 3.93

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tristan: 5.00

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Celice: 9.54

DAY 43: JOHAN

__

He's the hotter and better personality of the Neir duo. +1 bias!

He's on a horse, making him much more viable already. Because this is FE4, where horses are extremely important. Johan has the lesser Ambush, which sucks, because he should have something better like Continue or Charge. He is the only axe user so the Hero Axe and most of the decent axes belong to him anyway, since your only other axe user is Promoted Leaf.

He has decent bases with spectacular growths. 50% Speed growth and 40% Strength growth rock. His measly 20% Skill growth will hurt him in lategame, but he starts with 10 Skill, 3 ahead of Johalva at base. At the least, he'll be hitting for a while.

Of course, if you want to nab Resire for Julia, which you do, he costs some turns and doesn't make them up that easily. At the least, he's more worth it than Johalva.

7/10, this includes the bias point from earlier.

Edited by Laurence Olivier

what did I give Johalva

3.5 not counting bias, alright

so Johan gets a 6.5 to start because I take a flat rate of 3 points for not having a horse. He's stuck with axes forever though and, well, Hero Axe is good and is basically his saving grace but he just... isn't that great, especially considering that team children are mostly a bunch of juggernauts. Not terrible either, but gonna take a .5 for axelock so that brings him down to a

6/10.

hes kind of underwhelming unless the hero axe has a fuckton of kills on it in gen 1, and he's reliant on it to get kills later on. A 50 kill hero axe with ambush is actually pretty deadly.

he falls off sharply like most units in chapter 10 though.

5/10

He's funny and I like that. Anywho he's on a horse which honesty it helps but not much. Of course he gets the hero axe which really helps too. I say he's mostly good for the first two chapters after that he's hanging in the back or defending a castle when needs be. I like his death quote too.

5/10 + 1 bias of being funny. So 6/10

Edited by Guy Starwind

Unfortunately for Johan I like the human crab better then him.

Still Johan is probably the better unit of the two because he has a horse. IS thought that if they gave Johalva better bases that it would balance out, unfortunately FE4 is the one game that doesn't work that way. I would gladly take a horse over 2 hp, 1 str, 4 speed and 2 defense.

Like his brother Johan is a bit mediocre, but he can help with his brave axe and he's better then his bro with it.

5/10

-1 bias because I like crabman better, so his score will be a 4/10

Edited by Sasori

joe han

1: he's hilarious. He gets bias.

2: he's on a pony and doesn't suck. He gets a modest rating.

3: there really aren't any other pros.

6/10

He's an average horse unit in a game filled with godly ones, but that horse and an effective Hero Axe monopoly keep him relevant. Is it perfect? No. But it works. Sometimes having a warm body on a horse with a Hero weapon is good enough.

5/10

He's an average horse unit in a game filled with godly ones, but that horse and an effective Hero Axe monopoly keep him relevant. Is it perfect? No. But it works. Sometimes having a warm body on a horse with a Hero weapon is good enough.

5/10

This is pretty much what I was going to say. So count it for my vote too.

For love, for Lakche! Johan's a fast but otherwise worse version of Lex. He wants that Hero Axe, and doesn't do too badly. His hit's pretty poor and that skill growth isn't helping. Still, he has a horse and passable offense until around chapter 10.

5.5/10 - He's not amazing, but he'll get some stuff done. I had to give him that extra .5 for being one of my favourite FE4 characters. All he needs now is a turban!

For love, for Lakche! Johan's a fast but otherwise worse version of Lex. He wants that Hero Axe, and doesn't do too badly. His hit's pretty poor and that skill growth isn't helping. Still, he has a horse and passable offense until around chapter 10.

5.5/10 - He's not amazing, but he'll get some stuff done. I had to give him that extra .5 for being one of my favourite FE4 characters. All he needs now is a turban!

hes kind of underwhelming unless the hero axe has a fuckton of kills on it in gen 1, and he's reliant on it to get kills later on. A 50 kill hero axe with ambush is actually pretty deadly.

he falls off sharply like most units in chapter 10 though.

5/10

-1 because he doesn't get horns like his brother

4/10

why does spd growth matter when johan doesn't have pursuit and he's probably suck at doubling anyway with the pursuit ring

Speed still increases Dodge, which, you know, is kind of important.

Johan gets a 5.08

and we're finally fuckin' done with Chapter 6. Jesus.