Mostly, it's just Nightmare and possibly FEditor stuff (I don't have these yet, but I will find them. Links would be handy but I think I could find them on my own.) but there are some things whrere I could see a need for ASM hacking, which could actually be a problem...
Now for a (possibly incomplete) list of my ideas so far!
• Removing FOW, Status Staffs, Stone and Lockpicks because I hate them.
• Some chapters will be made a little easier (5, 6, 11B and 14B mostly.).
• Staff EXP increased hugely, to DS levels or beyond.
• Gender stuff: I will give all female classes with a male counterpart (i.e. Myrmidon) the same CON as the male version and both versions will have the same caps, taking the higher ones of each gender (i.e. Swordmaster has the male STR cap and the female RES cap). Also, enemies will be unisex. Also, either giving female mounties the male mountie Aid formula or giving both the infantry Aid formula.
• Armors have 5 MOV, Generals have 6 MOV, Great Knights and Assassins have 7 MOV and Rogues have 8 MOV.
• Class skills: Myrmidon, Archer, Assassin, [acronym='Assuming I keep these two in...']Super Recruit and Super Pupil[/acronym] have the same critical bonus as Swordmaster and Berserker, though Archers would lose it from going Ranger and Myrmidons could lose it from going Hero (more on that in a bit). I might even replace Pierce with that same crit bonus (I still haven't gotten over Saleh getting Pierced by Valter and dying in my first playthrough. ). Warriors have the same terrain-crossing capabilities as Berserkers. Thieves and Assassins Pick the same way Rogues do in vanilla and Assassins can Steal the normal way. If at all possible I'd like to give Rogues the ability to Steal any enquipped thing (disregarding the Speed and "must be an item, not a weapon" restrictions) but that could require ASM.
• Promotion changes: I might remove Merc to Ranger because I find it depressing, if I do I'll either leave Hero as the only choice or replace it with Merc to Swordmaster. I WILL replace Super Journeyman with Journeyman to Brigand (same promotion choices as Pirate but uses Hero Crests and of course has different CON and terrain-crossing compared to Pirate, like usual). I might replace Super Pupil and Super Recruit with Monk and Wyvern Rider (respectively). Priest to Druid or Summoner as a third option, Myrmidon to Hero as a third option (though I would have to grab the Hero F sprite from FE6 for Marisa).
• General has C in all its weapon types, GK has D in all its weapon types, Warriors have D Bows, Hero MIGHT have E Axes but I'm very unsure about it. Might give Wyvern Lords Axes instead of Swords but that could be tricky.
• Give Recruit (2) high Speed and give Pupil (2) Anima/Light or Anima/Light/Dark, if I keep them.
• Super Trainees don't have to be unlocked, if they're actually kept.
• Dancers have E Light because I don't like having them unable to fight.
• I'd optimally like to change the way magic swords work and let people get unlimited S ranks (like FE6) but that could be tricky.
Specific items and weapons:
• General buffs to Light, Dark, Swords and Bows.
• Steel Swords and Steel Bows will give 2 WEXP.
• Short Bow will be 1-2 range. May or may not make Nidhogg 1-2 range too.
• Steel Axe will be D rank.
• Blades will get enhanced Might/Hit with lower Weight and 3 WEXP for all of them.
• Devil Axe will be a bit lighter and very accurate (Akaneia style!) and I'd like to change its backfire formula to (21 - Luck)%, WITHOUT THE THING THAT PREVENTS IT BECOMING 0%!
• General weight reduction for tomes, so that Light is lighter than Anima, Dark doesn't cripple everyone and S rank tomes aren't stupidly impractical.
• All Light tomes have the same monster bonus as Ivaldi, but none of them override Slayer.
• Shamshir will be upgraded in every stat (including 60 uses) and made a personal weapon for Marisa. Gilliam will get a personal Axeslayer (it is to the Axereaver as the Swordslayer is to the Swordreaver). L'arachel will get a personal Staff (bright pink, higher use Mend with a massive EXP gain and 1-2 range).
• Dragonstone will DEFINITELY have infinite uses, and MIGHT have 1-2 range.
• Different bonuses for statboosters.
• Many are indirectly buffed or nerfed by the aforementioned changes.
• Seth is now a General with the same bases (with the exceptions of A Axes but 0 Luck) but very low growths (15% HP, 10% STR/DEF/SPD, 5% everything else).
• Neimi now has high offensive bases and marginally better defensive ones.
• Lute has higher bases.
• The trainees have higher bases and growths (Ross slightly so, Ewan and Amelia EXTREMELY so) and they all will have VERY Luck (including 100%+ for all three of them).
• Gilliam has somewhat higher stats (mainly Speed).
• Marisa has MUCH higher stats (still starting at a lower level than Josh but with bases that beat him at a higher level and better growths than him in literally everything).
• Dozla and Syrene having halfway decent stats.
• L'arachel with higher bases, growths and starting level (Yep, I'm BUFFING her!).
• Tethys with exsitent stats.
• Knoll having better stats.
And more, probably, I might be forgetting something!
Edited by CrashGordon94, 11 April 2012 - 08:54 AM.